Praise, and **IMMERSION** [A Ton of suggestions]

Dear Funcom!

Thank you for the absolutely (even though there’s so much room for improvement here!) best game in my life! - I bought Exiles on whim, had some spare cash, and just decided to give it a go - seeing as people on Steam liked it with your effort to fix things.

Having been a gamer for more than 30 years (I’m old, and started out with Donkey Kong, ok?), I can absolutely say, that this game is the most brilliant and immersive experience, I’ve Ever had, gaming. - I have a 120 hours in, and I’m enthralled; I play solo, alone, single-player, and this game is - specially when you don’t know what to expect starting it - absolutely incredible; I’ve never seen or tried anything like this. - Starting off, totally nude, slowly slowly getting into this beautiful and vivid world, I’ve - sitting here, alone, in my home IRL - found a place, I’ll be spending the most of the coming year in, if not years.

I am simply in love with what you’ve done.

Respect.

However, you have stuff to do yet.

First of all; You need to do at least two things here:

1. You need to make thralls and pets breathing and alive. - You need to make their “idles” vivid, dynamic and living. - How you will do that, I leave to you, but for now they’re simply rigid statues; we need to see them BE.

2. You need to let us set up “Patrols”. - A function, simple as it is, which will make immersion so much more complete. A “patrol” button, where you simply let the selected pet/thrall move between point A and point B is essential. - It’ll be a small thing, but for making the place feel ALIVE, it’s everything.

Immersion.

Secondly: An option in settings to “Show lights indefinitely” would be grand. - Basically, and I know, that some hardware might trigger out on it, but for those of us running on High End PC’s (or maybe it can be done simply by some good programming, idk) it’s something, that again will help immersion. - Personally, I’ve build rather high, and I’d like to be able to use it as a “Lighthouse” (Along with pyres and torches I build) to “show me the way home”, even from far away.

immersion.

Thirdly; get someone who knows how to program software to look at the AI, ok? The guy you have on it might be, without me knowing this, the best and sweetest chap in the world, but, Frankly, you have a responsibility to your community, and to your business; send him to school, or get someone who knows his sh*t to do it; we are waiting.

Fourthly: This game is, when looking at it, a “grown man’s DIY-dollhouse”, pardon me, and I love that.

However, you’ve said “A”, building this game, now go all the way and say “B”, by giving us the option to role-play our character.

I’d like to see an option where you can emote the toon to do different mundane tasks, like:

“Sleeping”. An option, that, if you set it up to do so from settings, speeds up nights during single-player, and - when online-gaming - simply let’s your fellow players know, that this person isn’t available right now (a kind of “Emote-AFK”). - An option during sleep could be, both single-player and online, that the toon has water and food needs cut by 30-70%(90% when in a tent). - I mean, how much energy do we use sleeping, right?. - The benefits of this would be to let the toon sit idle for a while, while IRL requires you, or that, in case it ever happens, someone is alone in the desert, without water, dying of thirst, and teammates has time to go to the person with water. - Again. Immersion.

“Bathing”. The toon has the most active life of any human, ever, in history. - Of course, she NEEDS to get dirty as hell [Animators, get yourself busy; she needs multiple skins, for each limb, showing different levels of gritty, dirty and bloody] She rolls, she gets griddy as f*ck. She fights, she gets bruises, lashes and blood on her; of course she/and her armor gets dirty as heck, and, of course; she will need to wash (or face risk of [new de-buff] infection.) And, of course, she will be able to clean herself, bathing, in the flood, or with water-pouches (for a light cleaning) or, as the did in the stone-age, sand (made from 5 units of stones, cleaning 20% of your grid). Basically, he/she can go the river, and he/she bades, emoted. Suggestion: bathing could remove war-paint? - Not by default, but combined with soap, which is made from the same stuff, you use to make that goo, that you otherwise remove it with; now it just, also, needs water, and animation: giving immersion.

“Stretching”: It takes a while to eat, it takes a while to build stuff; let’s take a few moments to stretch, providing Immersion, and, possibly, a 1-3 Agility bonus for 3-8 minutes after, depending on your strength-levels (level 1 strength = 1 Agility bootst. - level 3 strength = 2 agility boosts. Lvl 5 strength = 3 Agility boosts. - This will, again, create Immersion, and provide for roleplaying, as well as a light advantage, when performing the prepared assaults.

"Find out more, when in this line of thought".

Fifth:

Another thing, I’d like to see is: “The Pitt”: Fact is, this game is HARD. And trying out new weapons takes TIME to learn, and will KILL you.

Let’s have a fight pitt. - ANY thrall can be placed there, and - while having crafted fiber-covered tree-editions on the carpenter’s bench - of ANY weapon you know or learn - that doesn’t do damage, you load the thrall (who has the skills according to his level; you load a level 1 there, he kinda sucks, you do level 3+, he’s as good), you can, without killing your thrall, or yourself, learn how to do the combat with each weapon. - Further, “The Pitt” is ugradeable, in Tier 1-3. - T1 can hold 2 thralls, T2 = 5 and T3 = 8-10. - When you get good enough to need to fight 10 thralls at a time, that’s when you can build T3, and so on with T2 and T1.

Sixth: Let us, kindly, build on top of all the peaks? - I spend 12 hours grinding for, and building, a tower next to the peak (tower placed on an adjacent peak) - to place the sacrificial/religious temple up there, only to, when finally arriving, be met with a “building is now allowed here” message. - And, when trying to place it on a peak further down, receive the “Not enough contact with ground” . I felt a bit fooled, having spend around 10.000 rocks and that many hours, honoring “The Game Gods”…

Seventh: Everything here is “known by discovery”, why are we aware of the full map starting out…?

Eight: Fix the damned archers, huh?

Last comment will be, that your gamedirector is a genius, and that the “Is it annoying” question, you people seem to have worked with, creating this pristine gem in the game world, is working wonders for us; you are the best, and have created the best game, ever.

Make sure to polish her up to everything she’s worth.

With my deepest and sincerest gratitude for this experience

Simon

3 Likes

max 20 edits: here’s the, so far, final draft: posted so I can copy/paste it up in the thread when the 20 hour penalty has passed…

Dear Funcom!

Thank you for the absolutely (even though there’s so much room for improvement here!) best game in my life! - I bought Exiles on whim, had some spare cash, and just decided to give it a go - seeing as people on Steam liked it with your effort to fix things.

Having been a gamer for more than 30 years (I’m old, and started out with Donkey Kong, ok?), I can absolutely say, that this game is the most brilliant and immersive experience, I’ve Ever had, gaming. - I have a 120 hours in, and I’m enthralled; I play solo, alone, single-player, and this game is - specially when you don’t know what to expect starting it - absolutely incredible; I’ve never seen or tried anything like this. - Starting off, totally nude, slowly slowly getting into this beautiful and vivid world, I’ve - sitting here, alone, in my home IRL - found a place, I’ll be spending the most of the coming year in, if not years.

I am simply in love with what you’ve done.

Respect.

However, you have stuff to do yet.

First of all; You need to do at least two things here:

1. You need to make thralls and pets breathing and alive. - You need to make their “idles” vivid, dynamic and living. - How you will do that, I leave to you, but for now they’re simply rigid statues; we need to see them BE.

2. You need to let us set up “Patrols”. - A function, simple as it is, which will make immersion so much more complete. A “patrol” button, where you simply let the selected pet/thrall move between point A and point B is essential. - It’ll be a small thing, but for making the place feel ALIVE, it’s everything.

Immersion.

Secondly: An option in settings to “Show lights indefinitely” would be grand. - Basically, and I know, that some hardware might trigger out on it, but for those of us running on High End PC’s (or maybe it can be done simply by some good programming, idk) it’s something, that again will help immersion. - Personally, I’ve build rather high, and I’d like to be able to use it as a “Lighthouse” (Along with pyres and torches I build) to “show me the way home”, even from far away.

immersion.

Thirdly; get someone who knows how to program software to look at the AI, ok? The guy you have on it might be, without me knowing this, the best and sweetest chap in the world, but, Frankly, you have a responsibility to your community, and to your business; send him to school, or get someone who knows his sh*t to do it; we are waiting.

Fourthly: This game is, when looking at it, a “grown man’s DIY-dollhouse”, pardon me, and I love that.

However, you’ve said “A”, building this game, now go all the way and say “B”, by giving us the option to role-play our character.

I’d like to see an option where you can emote the toon to do different mundane tasks, like:

1. “Sleeping”. An option, that, if you set it up to do so from settings, speeds up nights during single-player, and - when online-gaming - simply let’s your fellow players know, that this person isn’t available right now (a kind of “Emote-AFK”). - An option during sleep could be, both single-player and online, that the toon has water and food needs cut by 30-70%(90% when in a tent). - I mean, how much energy do we use sleeping, right?. - The benefits of this would be to let the toon sit idle for a while, while IRL requires you, or that, in case it ever happens, someone is alone in the desert, without water, dying of thirst, and teammates has time to go to the person with water. - Again. Immersion.

2. “Bathing”. The toon has the most active life of any human, ever, in history, and of course, she NEEDS to get dirty as hell [Animators, get yourself busy; she needs multiple skins, for each limb, showing different levels of gritty, dirty and bloody]. She rolls, she gets gritty as f*ck. She fights, she, and her armor, gets bruises, lashes and blood on them (blood and lashes removed by healing, mud and grit removed by wash). And yes, of course; she will need to wash (or face risk of [new de-buff] infection.) And, of course, she will be able to clean herself, bathing by emote in the flood, or with water-pouches (for a light cleaning) or, as they did in the stone-age, with sand (made from 5 units of stones, cleaning 20% of your grid). Basically, he/she can go the river, and he/she bades, emoted. Suggestion: bathing could remove war-paint? - Not by default, but combined with soap, which is made from the same stuff, you use to make that goo, that you otherwise remove it with; now it just, also, needs water, and animation: giving immersion.

3. “Stretching”: It takes a while to eat, it takes a while to build stuff; let’s take a few moments to stretch, providing Immersion, and, possibly, a 1-3 Agility bonus for 3-8 minutes after, depending on your strength-levels (level 1 strength = 1 Agility bootst. - level 3 strength = 2 agility boosts. Lvl 5 strength = 3 Agility boosts. - This will, again, create Immersion, and provide for roleplaying, as well as a light advantage, when performing the prepared assaults.

"Find out more, when in this line of thought".

Fifth:

Another thing, I’d like to see is: “The Pitt”: Fact is, this game is HARD. And trying out new weapons takes TIME to learn, and will KILL you.

Let’s have a fight pitt. - ANY thrall can be placed there, and - while having crafted fiber-covered tree-editions on the carpenter’s bench - of ANY weapon you know or learn - that doesn’t do damage, you load the thrall (who has the skills according to his level; you load a level 1 there, he kinda sucks, you do level 3+, he’s as good), you can, without killing your thrall, or yourself, learn how to do the combat with each weapon. - Further, “The Pitt” is ugradeable, in Tier 1-3. - T1 can hold 2 thralls, T2 = 5 and T3 = 8-10. - When you get good enough to need to fight 10 thralls at a time, that’s when you can build T3, and so on with T2 and T1.

Sixth: Let us, kindly, build on top of all the peaks? - I spend 12 hours grinding for, and building, a tower next to the peak (tower placed on an adjacent peak) - to place the sacrificial/religious temple up there, only to, when finally arriving, be met with a “building is now allowed here” message. - And, when trying to place it on a peak further down, receive the “Not enough contact with ground” . I felt a bit fooled, having spend around 10.000 rocks and that many hours, honoring “The Game Gods”…

Seventh: Everything here is “known by discovery”, why are we aware of the full map starting out…?

Eighth: Fix the damned archers, huh?

Last comment will be, that your gamedirector is a genius, and that the “Is it annoying” question, you people seem to have worked with, creating this pristine gem in the game world, is working wonders for us; you are the best, and have created the best game, ever.

Make sure to polish her up to everything she’s worth.

With my deepest and sincerest gratitude for this experience

Simon

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.