Primeval Bracers, and the lack thereof

I didn’t see this elsewhere, apologies if it is a repeat.
I recently got the primitive man armours unlocked and went to craft a few for testing, and while the Primitive set (light) is full, bracers, chest piece, footwear, helm, and skirt… The Primeval set (heavey) is missing bracers.
Do we know if this is deliberate, like the Watcher set not having footwear, or if it was an oversight and the Primeval arm wear was accidentally left out and will be added in a later patch?

Thank you.

3 Likes

Apologies, but does anyone know if it’s a bug or deliberate?

3 Likes

Sorry I missed this post, my depest apologies! @SirBowen or @Tephra that organize the wiki page may have a more valid opinion about it.
I however believe it is deliberate!

1 Like

Which would be so bizarre, as the Primitive set is a full set.
Most unfortunate.

1 Like

I have a faint memory of Funcom saying it was deliberate somewhere. No idea when or where, or if it is even a real memory.

2 Likes

I am really sorry if I let something like this to be meant!
The reason I summoned you is because you see the devkit and you know a million times better from me!
My memory is really good and I can assure you that you never sayed it was deliberate, at least in this forum I never happen to read a post of yours saying this. I always read your posts because they are “to the point”, I wish I was like you! I say that I think it is deliberate thinking that if this armor set was full, then devs would have pushed again the people to play full encumbrance build wearing a really powerful set!
However, I believe that since the armor sets will no longer have extra stats this set will be completed!
I hope at least!

Your post is a bit hard to follow.

I never said it was deliberate, I said Funcom might have said that. And it may have been during a livestream or something - if it even happened at all, the memory may be fictitious.

Well… I don’t keep a copy of the devkit anymore, that thing is huge. I get Multigun or Testerle to tell me what is in it these days.

Funcom doesn’t seem to like going back to revisit old sets except to nerf them. Unless they actually made Primeval Bracers, but didn’t properly implement them for some reason, I doubt they will go back and add them. It isn’t their style.

1 Like

It’s my English, I will ask your forgiveness once more!

This one recalls the Watcher set having no foot covering was noted as deliberate from the devs.
Which is what provoked this particular inquiry rather than creating a bug report. If it’s a feature, not a bug, reporting it is a waste of time that could be devoted to actual bugs. Then this one could just make a suggestion thread on the matter.
Much like with the aggressive building exclusion expansion awhile back, it’s hard to note if something is broken or working as intended without communication on the matter.

As far as the Dev Kit goes, this one wonders if the Pict Javelins are still in there.
Point being, some items available in those formats are deliberately not implemented, so not a perfect measure of whether absence is intentional or oversight.

1 Like

I think that is what I was remembering.

2 Likes

Can’t feel the strands of the web of Zath with covered feet.
Watcher set rumoured to be an earlier model of the Zath religious garb that was passed over in favour of the Spider web print lingerie.

2 Likes