Probably solved - Disappearing Shrine after Crash?

Game mode: [Online official ]
Type of issue: [Crash]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [EU]

Edit:
I think I figured it out: the Shrine was originally build on a platform of foundations, and some were removed (because of stylistic reasons) - so the upgraded temple wasn’t on enough ground when it “reappeared” after upgrading and therefore despawned?
Still: a warning about upgrading/building size in-game would be great to avoid this issue and the trouble when alot of resources just disappear into thin air.

TL:DR - I just saw there a a plethora of threads on this, but at least my crash is funny. Please fix disappering temples please (or at least refund materials; that would make it not such a waste of time :-/)

Hello,
I encountered a crash that resulted in deleting the temple that I wanted to upgrade as well as all materials inside, gave me a BSOD and reset my spawnpoint. I play on official server #1046 PVE

The following happened:

I crafted all materials to update my Pleasure Place of Derketo into a Pleasure Dome, put it into the temple and started the upgrade - I then went to the Animal Pen next to the shrine to check the progress of the animals in there; while I was in the menu, a snake attacked my character, the game froze and my PC shut down. This was the first crash I experienced since I reinstalled the game. When I logged back on, I was back in the desert (but at a different spawn location) and not in my bed-spawnpoint in my base. I figured the snake killed me after the crash. I went back to the base, to find my body and my loot, but the Pleasure Place/Dome disappeared into the shadow realm (as it seems)

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Place Shrine
  2. Farm materials for some time and then wait hours until everything is crafted
  3. Try to upgrade temple and do something on the side
  4. Get attacked
  5. Crash like a Boeing 737 Max
  6. Get frustrated about the effort and time lost
1 Like

Hey @Suppentroll

Our team is aware of an issue that makes shrines disappear under certain conditions and they’re working on a fix. No ETA yet, but it’s one of our priorities at this moment.
Regarding refunding materials, we unfortunately cannot as we don’t have MMO-like support for the game. Apologies for the frustration and thanks for your feedback and patience.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.