Problem with threat table after patch [Revised]

While the red mother isn’t a great example. I’ve been having this problem on any single target fight that doesn’t die within 2-3 hits.

1 Like

Hey there,

Just to provide some info on this, this is intentional and was one of the re-balances introduced during Testlive, as players would rely on thralls doing all the heavy work.
There’s more re-balancing coming soon to make content less trivial when having a follower.

1 Like

Before the update:
1- Send your thrall to fight the boss
2- Help your thrall and have fun in combat, even taking little risks (most risks involve bugs that let the character stuck in the boss and he ends up dying)

After the update:
1- Send your thrall to fight the boss
2- Just watch them fight, because your weapons are extremely inefficient against the boss and trying to join the fight will only make it take longer, because the most you will be able to do is hinder your thrall in combat.

Balancing the game with the proposal of improving the experience in fighting bosses with the company of a thrall is not just configuring the bosses to focus on the players and forget about the thrall. It is to change the way the fight happens. It is to make possible a player-to-boss combat that gives pleasure and challenge at the same time. It is to make the fight happen allowing a balance between the player and the boss. While this balance does not happen, it is better to let the thrall do the work.

We expect an improvement in this, but in the right order:
First, balance the boss versus player combat;
Second, make the thrall less relevant in combat

Now I feel like I’m the big hero of the game rolling sideways while my thrall is desperately trying to hit the boss, as my attacks continue to be extremely ineffective against the boss, my dodges constantly fail because I get stuck in the boss (or the thrall) and I spend a lot more time to kill the boss (in fact, the one who really kill the boss still is the thrall. It just takes longer for that).

That is, who remains the hero is the thrall, but now his challenge is to try to hit the boss while the boss is trying to hit me. It’s almost a child’s game of catch

6 Likes

I like it, makes it harder for you.

I do like the ideia of the thrall cant hold aggro of multiple targets, but thats not when fighting Boss.
At least the single target should be a little more relevant. Now u cant slap the boss and thrall looses aggro.

Want to make it harder? cool, make the boss do some aoe dmg or change its figthting so u need to follow some kind of mechanics, but this feature just makes fighting longer, since u are running away and thrall is trying to hit.

No, i dont feel like im the Hero at fights, now i feel like im the funny coward that engage and only runs for life

3 Likes

I had exactly this! Follower stuck in ground near red mother.

And if I move away to try get the follower out from underneath…Red mother resets and back to 100% hp ><

And to top it off I cant see followers hp bar either

I had no problem with a Lian at level 5+ killing world bosses. Yes, i now have to stay engaged and dodge. But after a few times, i realized it is more on par with working with the thrall. The boss will aggro me, but at the same time, if I kite it around the thrall, then i am stick and moving in a pattern. Did not add a noticeable amount of time, just made me rethink how i use to do it. The only issue i am having is if I have a horse and follower when fighting bosses (or mobs)l. The follow range makes it hard for me to stick with a good pattern because the horse is constantly in my ■■■■■. Once they fix that, then I am good with the new aggro AI.

2 Likes

Sadly if this is true then I guess I am done with Conan. I loved the way the game played before these changes came to be. Sadly you guys have fallen COMPLETELY short on this change. You have reinforced the fact that people will use nothing but thralls from this point on. Now when I play I simple sic my thrall on a mob and then go afk and let them kill it. There is ZERO reason for me to get involved in the fight at all as this will result in a significant increase in combat time or my death so there is no reason at all for me to get involved in the fight any longer. This is basically a 100% auto pilot game now and there is zero reason for me to be involved in the game play loop. The thralls are able to take on any content 100% alone and now it only makes things more of a pain or take longer to complete by getting involved.

I hope you guys find what you are looking for as a development team, but as a player you have in a single update destroyed the things that were enjoyable about this game.

1 Like

Then you need to make the boss killable in a non-pathetic-feeling way.

There is nothing that feels heroic about dodging, running away and healing 100x just to stand a chance. While excruciatingly slowly wearing the boss down with the same attacks.

Rewarding combat comes from getting effective hits on the enemy, not being good at fleeing it.

If we have to kill them ourselves, the bosses should seriously have 5-10x less health and take away ~10% player health per hit, with good armour and stats. Why do they have literally 100-200x the players health?

Everything about fighting the bosses solo at the moment makes you feel weak and that your high level armour and weapons are useless. A strong attack takes 0.5% of its health away, a hit from the boss takes away 25% of your health.

You’ve tried to make the player the ‘hero’ of the game, but enemies are so much stronger than you, you can only win with strategies that feel like cowardice.

3 Likes

wak4863 did a test after the patch you can see it on youtube with the title: Is it too Difficult now? | Conan Exiles 2020
Check at the end of this very long youtube stream where he fights a lot of different bosses. He did not seem to be affected that much.
See if i can post a link to it:

The question isn’t if the stuff is still possible. Right now all of it is still possible by sending in your thrall and just standing there like an idiot watching the thrall kill everything. The question is whether the game is any fun anymore or not. I do not find the game fun in the least anymore. I do not enjoy being a glass cannon.

Most of the weapons have a 4 to 6 hit combo and you can’t swing more than once or twice before having to dodge and roll and depending on the boss you spend more time dodging and rolling than you do actually attacking this isn’t fun.

The game could have been fixed by simply cutting the damage amount that thralls do and then adding more mechanics to boss fights so you had to pay more attention in fights, and they weren’t just complete tank and spank combat or no real original thought to them. Best boss fight in the game is the last boss of the cellar.

2 Likes

Looks like Wak was fighting the bosses along with his thralls. I can also confirm that I am able to fight alongside my thralls. Do they hold agro all the time? Nope, but I just shield up, dodge etc, while still getting some attacks in, and eventually the thrall will pull agro. We kinda ping pong the bosses so to speak. It works well and is engaging. Granted, when they adjust thrall power they will need to adjust the bosses as well. I am currently not seeing the horror story many are stating.

1 Like

It may help more if the thralls could actually make contact with the targets. The fact that once I pull aggro it takes my thrall 5 minutes to land a single hit because it will take forever to swing and then there is no hit tracking for the thralls so they just miss if the boss moves and then they sit there like morons in the middle of a swing animation for 3-4 seconds before trying to move again and then they’ll kick the boss for 3 damage and then after a few seconds swing again and most likely miss.

It also doesn’t help that I don’t want to carry a shield around with me. Weight is already a big enough concern in the game if you are attempting to build for survival. Rolling around constantly and not being able to perform the combo attacks is also really annoying and honestly just plain not fun. There were dozens of ways that thrall could have been fixed without changing the baseline system for the game. As previously stated there are hundreds of boss mechanics to choose from that other games have already tried and tested that work just fine and would have helped deal with the problem some.

Also these changes as stated to reduce the use of thralls is 100% wrong. For most people it just means we are relying on them solely and not really participating in the fight at all.

I don’t think anyone is saying the old system wasn’t broken. We are just extremely displeased with the way a “fix” is being handled. It’s not really addressing the problem and all of the “fixes” should have been released at one time instead of half cocked attempt at a change with the promise of “fixes to come in next patch” which could be weeks or months away since they aren’t even being spoken about yet.

2 Likes

At what point are the A.I. issues and threat issues going to be dealt with? We are two weeks out from the A.I. patch that has destroyed the game for people and the dev’s aren’t even addressing the problems or talking to the people. The only thing they’ve managed to really do is move horses and rhinos follow distance back. Even though we’ve asked for ALL thralls to be moved back because they basically just stand on you and you get caught up in their mesh constantly.

They still don’t fight properly. They still don’t follow properly. They don’t obey commands. You tell them to stop fighting or to return and they just keep fighting. Of course they would when you don’t WANT them to fight.

Combat is still completed busted and there is ZERO information on the rest of this so called “balance patch” that is supposed to bring everything into perspective.

I’ve never experienced a dev team in all my life that is as completely disconnected from their player base as this group is.

Who do I contact about receiving a full and complete refund for myself and my friends who all got into the game to play it the way it was before this garbage update?