Producer Letter on the XB1 stability issues (IV)

I was telling my friend how good the base-building was on CE. I hyped it up so well he said “Sounds good. Might buy that”. I was genuinely horrorfied. I didn’t want him to get stung like I’ve been so I quickly told him how unstable it was. I explained that, twice now, it’s crashed so hard it forced my Xbox to power down (only ever happened whilst playing CE). I explained that the game crashes once every half an hour and that it takes 5 minutes just to load the game, ie that he’d spend a 6th of his time loading up. I explained that the rendering was so bad that you frequently have to stand on the ‘edge of the abyss’ for 10-20 seconds every time for the world to load in or you end up falling through the map. And I explained that there’s frequently no sound or that the sound action can be delayed for half a minute. It was a close call but he’s not buying it now…

4 Likes

I have compared CE to having a hot girlfriend. You spent alot of time and money on her. But she breaks your heart every chance she gets, feels nothing, never apologizes. She just gets harder to be around. But she is so damned hot you cannot leave her, even if you know she is just using you. You know in your heart, she is no good for you. It is just a matter of time until you leave her. But still you hang on, hoping things will get better. Heartbreak after heartbreak…sigh…lol

6 Likes

That lasted till Christmas. Lmao.

There having all kind of issues. That’s why we cant get a fix, they have everyone on there new map for pc. Which dropped about same time as the update that caused all our problems. And their future money pit called dune, I’m sure they have some people on that. But they aren’t getting one more penny out of me. Ever. And Tencent which bought funcom, won’t be buying any of their product either.

Well, I’ve just hit a new, personal, record…x5 crashes in x1 hour!

I quit Conan couple days ago, 8 crashes in a row. Never did get in. After 8 I hit up clan leader and told him Im out. Smh. They had a winner game. Threw it away for greed. More money, more money. I wonder if they realize they lost probably half million in game sale on new dlc, because they killed fan base. And put an even worse name for themselves. And are giving a bad name to Tencent who bought them. Boycott both, they dont deserve any more of your money.

1 Like

Ever think if you fix the core game a lot of the problems would go away. I’m no programmer but dont ce and isle have same core game? Just cosmetic difference? And I get it, why fix ce when new dlc will be out soon and everyone will move to it. So why waste the time? Look at the number of people on servers. Used to be tens of thousands of people on. Now its hard to even get a clan of 10. Smh. Lost a lot of money driving away your fan base. Love the game when it worked better, it has always had bugs, but at least I could play it. Sorry you lost me with all the others.

With a hot girlfriend you might get screwed. With ce it’s definitely gonna happen. Lol.

1 Like

Thats an average of 1 crash every 12 minutes…lame…

From what I’ve heard, IOS is completely empty with nothing to do.

Id love to boycott and honestly, I am not by choice. The game itself with its errors is causing me to only sign in once a week to reset the base.
Ya know, one of my friends (Funbags) once said…how do you wipe a server without wiping it?..the issues aren’t fixed…people are quitting in droves…so they are wiping the servers without technically doing it. Seems plausible to me. Then once under a certain percentage of emptiness they can shorten the list of servers…and justify not fixing CE because not many players…and then…

Yeah, and it takes about 5 minutes to load the game. I’m spending as much time sitting, watching the game load, as I am actually playing it…

I bought the game in 2017, played it for a year then spent the next 2 years playing ‘Days’. I rated ‘Dayz’ as the worst console game of all time but stuck with it cos of the friends I’d made. Eventually, though, my friends weren’t enough to keep me playing. ‘Dayz’ is sht! I thought I’d pick CE up again…it’s in far worse condition than ‘Dayz’! And from what I gather, it’s been like this for a couple of months…and they’re only just getting around to putting a team together to START looking into it!
I want the crashes to stop. I want the environment to render much faster. And I want to know when…

At this point, it has been over 6 months since most players have done anything other than log to refresh. Over a month since we have had a “dedicated” dev team for xbox. Almost a month since they hired extra devs to assist. Here we are, refreshing and crashboarding still…

I feel that CE is not salvageable on xbox. So broken at the moment, Dec 9 and we still have extended DK timers from the summer. I think its like the Halloween event they tried, and are unable to change it back as easily as PC or PS.

I wish FC would just admit defeat on xbox and pull CE from the marketplace. Give us XBers all refunds and carry on with PC and PS development.

I also feel the attention we are recently receiving, is not to benifet the XB players. I feel it is due to MS pressuring FC in regards to all the complaints and refund requests regarding CE on XB.

Just tell us the truth. Its a hard pill to take, but it would allow FC to scrape a tiny bit of their reputation from the floor. Maybe ppl would have a bit more respect for FC if FC was able to respect us…

They speak as though we are a “community”. Forum members; Moderators, the FC employees, and players from all platforms make up the members of the community. Constant posts about how we should respect each other and act accordingly. Yet, the FC portion of the community displays nothing near respect to XB players. FC lets us suffer an inferior product.

So Tired
Stinky

2 Likes

Microsoft couldn’t care less…they’re in it for the money too. I’d ask for a refund if I thought I’d get one. Microsoft don’t even honour the ‘cooling off’ period’. I bought a couple of Ark dlc’s and immediately asked for a refund (within 2 days). I was told I couldn’t get one because I’d played them ! Well, of course, I thought, how do I know they don’t work if I don’t play them?!
This is akin to taking a car to a mechanic to get an oil leak fixed and, in the process, the mechanic destroys the engine. Yeah, the car ran reasonably well in the past but now it doesn’t work at all and the mechanic is refusing to fix it. Consumers in the video game industry don’t seem to have any rights. Dev teams can destroy a game as much as they want and are under no obligation to fix it. They have no incentive. They’ve already got our money. There’s no reason for them to fix it and there’s nothing the consumer can do about it.

1 Like

that is the being of capitalism

1, hours on buildings have been 336 hours since summer which is a blessing because no one is playing conan on xbox because of it’s state
2, harvest rates suck. How could you break the game and have the harvest lowered that just makes me want to stop playing all together until / if it is patched
3, porking thralls every hour is still not patched out
4, data corruption is still a thing even tho you’re team is more focused on that than any other issue for some reason
5, crashing is constant if you have any decent sized base on a official server… literally 5 thralls and a small base in the eastern barracks will crash your game.
6, a cap on warmaker keys needs to happen because people are abusing the inventory cap (should honestly drop a key every 15 mins because you could also kill the skeleton for it)

And thats all I would be enjoying this game a lot more if any of these issues was patched BESIDES DATA CORRUPTION!

NOW IM FED UP. you’re game has really made me mad over some of the most simplistic of things… a thrall has become stuck in the water… as in he could easily walk but he doesnt. Iv moved out of render an have given up… i killed him out of pure frustration. An feel that says it all for this game… you want a community for this game… bloody tool(ing) fix it. Id love to list my problems but i fond half if not most of my issues have been known about for almost 2 years. I left ark for this?? Im to return to ark praisin the hell out of the game. Ark had its issues, still has but they really are so insignificant in comparison. Sorry rant over but man get ur heads in the game… has anyone of this team even tried to play 2 hours on the consoles…