Producer Letter on the XB1 stability issues (IV)

Our Project Director, Scott Junior, would like to address the Xbox community with an update regarding the current situation with stability issues:

Time for another update on our progress with the XB1 issues.
We have spent the last week getting our external partners set up (signing contracts, getting access to builds, setting up the development environment, etc). This set up phase takes a bit of time, and then is followed by an even longer period of time while they get into the project, learn how everything is set up, and start taking on work. We are very close to the point where we will start getting results.

The other members of our team are working on GPU and memory optimizations for the client that will lead to less Out of Memory crashes and general crashes. We are still working on the dashboarding issue, and hope to have a break through soon with all the added help.

In other XB1 news we have started working on improving the experience for those of you lucky enough to own an Xbox Series S or X. Before we can get this out we need to get a proper testing environment set up for the Xbox Series, but we will hopefully have some more news on this soon.

-Scott

I: Producer Letter on the XB1 stability issues
II: Producer Letter on the XB1 stability issues (II)
III: Producer Letter on the XB1 stability issues (III)

2 Likes

Lol, literally laughed out loud while reading this. At this point you guys are about as trustworthy as CNN. Looks like game will remain deleted for quite some time.

6 Likes

My console is dl’ing CE update atm. Whats in it? There is no mention of the 7 GB update in the post.
There are far fewer X and S consoles active than the older gen machines. I see no benifet to focussing devs on improving the X and S gameplay. The game was designed to play on current gen consoles 3 years ago.

I hear CE runs much better on the newer gen consoles. Is that how you intend to fix YOUR game? By getting US to pay for new consoles?

1 Like

probably not the time to drop info on next gen upgrades when the base game is in such a sorry state, dont get all tearfull now just take it as constructive feedback, some announcements are better suited to their own stuff - yeah i get the whole spoonful of sugar with ya medicine but this aint it chief, its good news you are doing something for next gen, but i would maybe only start crowing about that (ps5 too?) when you have fixed the mess you made

3 Likes

wtf conan crach return to dachboard 7 times now please fix it not again what the hell are you doeing i reinstall the game to hope for better results but not workin io think i delete conan and return to ark

iik speel met xbox x wpel werkte perfect gisteren waarom altijd verkloten

Also, we waited an extra week for this? What about the incidents you guys were waiting to have resolved, so that information could be included in the latest letter? No mention of it…meh…im loading up Ark now…see you in a week(or 2)…

1 Like

Yer right, Stinky, that was quite the update - we can all rest easy now.

1 Like

Is there anything I can do about the rendering issue? Can’t ride my horse or run for very long I end up falling through the world. This is offline btw and extremely frustrating. Bosses don’t always spawn either.

1 Like

Honestly this is nonsense. Truly. Players have had dash-boarding and DC issues from EA to now on Xbox. We hung in… The game went from beta to release. Still more issues and added ones with patches, hotfixes and updates… We hung in… 3 years ive played this game, 3 years ive complained, laughed, cried and supported the game. Now, we’ve waiting 6 months for a fix. People grew tired and left. Some stayed. Some hard core players left. Newbies don’t go very long at all so they can at least get refunded. You’ve ruined a game…not ruin-ing…ruin-ed! Many of us have spent money on every dlc along with charges for net carriers with caps. But we STAYED…you are killing your player base on Xbox. Not even player base…your " sign in to keep my base" base…and Im sure many others feel as I do…if you can’t fix Conan exiles, why in the hell would I even spend money on your new upcoming game Dune…?? Once bitten…twice nope.

5 Likes

I’m defending this game to my last breath in these replies and with my friends on xbox, but you’re making it quite difficult to keep doing. You’re lucky I’m a patient man. Just waiting for a post containing promising material and/or updates.

From what I read in other spots, thats the plan. Siptah comes 1st and fixing issues comes 1st.
Once Siptah has had its full release on all platforms, will Next Gen console…may or may not get a looking at.

Suthainn, you forgot about the Halloween debacle three years ago.

1 Like

Well… im new here, barely want to jump on the band wagon… but when is this game getting fixed ? Lasting 10 seconds before the games shutdowns to xbox dash to reload an try again to then again shutdown less than 10 seconds later…
Can i get a refund pls ?

3 Likes

I feel you… wish i had read the forum before purchasing the game but i did… as much potential as it should and could have… its disappointing to say the least. So many issues, an now there cutting the team to support the series X… just wow :clap:

1 Like

Yea how wants to buy the new map when it comes out you guys take it from me i have 287 days of game play in at one time the game worked for the past 4 months its like funcom forgot how to fix games they sure are good at breaken them so no I’m not buying the new map y just so they can do the same thing 5 years from now like sorry guys we can’t fix it on this console maybe we can get it right on the next one :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Sorry funcom times up

2 Likes

After reading the update from @Ignasi, like many of the comments already posted I felt disappointed and frustrated, not taken seriously and not treated as an equal customer compared to other platforms.
The majority of the letters information could have been divulged on the very first instance of this updates and bugs topic, the communication is welcomed, however you cannot expect a positive response from the long suffering community when the communication contains no real progress, perhaps a small basic road map of diagnosis, identification, reworking, testing and implementation would help us to understand where along this unknowable time line the development team are at.
That being said I can scrape a small amount of optimism from it as at the very least it seems the support team are close to understanding the build and hence be able to identify problems and with the luck of Krom, finally fix the many issues the community are experiencing. Please keep us updated, I know it will be a painful process with the (deserved) backlash from the long suffering and mainly ignored player base.

3 Likes

Hey buddy! How things?

Well just to give Funcom an idea of what the severity of this issue has gotten, my PvEC RP server in the course of a month has went from 150 active members to about 20. Most of which Ive come to find out have completely uninstalled the game. If all the other servers are having the same mass exodus I would have to say approximately 2/3 of the Xbox player base has already abandoned ship. Chances are if the trend continues “Funcom” will become the new gamer slang word for “Bull***t”. I would hate to see that happen as there seems to be a lot of wonderful and talented people at Funcom, but you cant fail this bad and expect instant forgiveness. You gave the Xbox community a black eye, your going to have to do a lot more than apologize to get our trust back.

1 Like