PS4 - Conan Exiles - Server Security Bypassed

Game mode: Online
Problem: Bug | Misc
Region: US

I’ve recently had multiple people show up on my server who bypassed the Password Input. On PS4, the players were friends of other players on server. They accessed the server by “Join Session” option under a User Profile who was already in server playing. Is this a known bug? Issue being resolved? Who needs to be notified to close this loophole?

I have a password on my server to keep people out. If anyone can bypass it, then security is meaningless. I even tested the method myself. It launches the game without ever requiring or showing the “Insert Password” screen.

Anyone else experience this? Unique to PS4?

Thanks.

(also posted to GPortal forums)

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Have Friend in Password Locked Server
  2. Go to Friend’s Profile->Currently Playing Tab
  3. Click “Join” when showin Friend’s session
  4. Conan launches bypasses Password Security Screen

That sounds not good. Thanks for the report, forwarding this to the appropriate devs and seeing if they have any insight. I personally haven’t seen this before. Thank you for the report!!

1 Like

Had some one come on my locked server this weekend says he just hit auto fill and got in .funny half the weekend I could not find my server perhaps related @Spynosaur_Nicole any information appreciated

I put this same thing on here awhile back. But yes they just able to log strait in without the password or it’s already auto filled for them!
Gportal now has are server on traffic watch to see were the break down is.
But on the logs it shows the password was always on!
But normally if you click join session it still asks for password or should and it’s not just the join session button there getting in with

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.