PS4 Patch 3.0.1 - Discussion Megathread

Initial glance, invisibility issues are clear.
Render times/Performance/Stability are, however, at an all time low, with corresponding time dilation. Very very bad. While the Invisibility issue by equipment is resolved, many enemies remain floating weapons for several secon- ayesh. Minutes. This one’s favourite stress test location on the Exiled Lands, the Galleon (which is still missing several parts of platforms), almost made a full lap before crashing.
Do not attempt to open a menu while the music is thinking about changing, take sudden turns, or attempt to rapidly change weapons. Freezing seems more common than outright crashing.

This one’s favourite new quirk is how moonlight shines into caves now.

Haven’t had time to see if the Siptah path to Sorcery is still a death trap.
Likewise not enough time to putz around with the build system.

So, current snapshot.
Still not as playable as it was before the update.
While nothing is invisible because it’s dlc and the new hire orientation stations and Nordheimer roofs render in… All that rendering is now just too much and if one is fortunate and it doesn’t freeze/crash the game, the drop to seconds per frame rather than frames per second will leave one too vulnerable to achieve aught.

This has been attempted on a recently cleaned and sd enhanced PS4 as well as a PS5.
Strangely enough, performance was not noticeably better on the PS5 save in very specific circumstances.
Still not exactly what this one would consider playable outside of creative (cloaked and invincible) mode.

2 Likes

Yup. Still freezing. Loading times are still garbage too. The textures on skin and stuff either flicker or just break. My character has super smooth skin at times.

1 Like

A ThunnHa Friendship Token gives 8 placeable thunnha´s. I got 24 thunnha pets with one spawn at the grey pool. sounds a bit much to me.

It’s getting annoying when you get killed you need at least 2 minutes to respawn. Cmon, with ps5 i can’t expect 2 minutes waitings to go in my damn bed.

Ok I can use the move button as a workaround.
Then why there is a “pick-up” button if it does the same as “destroy” button?

Something is not right, sorry. I want to pick up the item, for it to be on my inventory, not move it.

True, I cannot log in in single player too! It needs more work certainly.
The agro is changed again, I don’t know if this is intentional to make the game “easy” again, so I cannot report it as bug, but the movement of the mobs is funny, from times to times they just look at you slaying them without responding. Yesterday I was running behind mobs to finish them, they were running away :joy:.
Some mobs are still invisible, especially the spider in the cave

It is a predictable boss, but for me, I don’t believe others will enjoy this fight.
When the game starts we have a flash tremble go dark and light in seconds. Or yesterday I log in the mace and I wait about a minute to spawn on my foundation!
Too many minor issues, or bigger, surely it needs more work, but again thank you for not resting in the weekend for us, I really appreciate the effort nonetheless!

1 Like

why do I need a slave that I will watch or he will die while I fight with another? It takes two slaves longer to kill a regular skeleton than me, is that normal?

and how do you imagine the game is not “old school”? Is all Conan’s PvP now reduced to the number of players in the clan? I tell you how it happens, you play for several months, you find nominal slaves, streamers immediately come in with a clan of 8 people, quickly make a pack of dragon powder and blow up your base in 2 days. They spend the first day on leveling up to level 60, the second on creating pots and raiding you. After the raid, they throw away all the stuff and go to another server to do the same. And those who fell under the raid, who were looking for these slaves for days, will simply stop playing, because some streamer will come again and smash your base in 2 days without effort.
I’ve been playing on a PVP server for 3 years now, and I myself did such actions once, the server died for half a year, and those who played on it no longer logged in, losing interest in the game.
there must be a balance in attack and defense, which is completely absent, especially now, when there are also bats that drag people to the roof
and around the clock you will not sit in the network and watch whether you explode or not. for this, there were slaves and massive buildings, while you are not online, they detain the attackers without letting them smash everything in 10 minutes

1 Like

I like the way you challenging this bugs :slight_smile:

That remembers me few updates ago when the mobs where invisible too. And my challenges was to kill everyone on the black hand stone ship without seeing them :slight_smile:
But this goes only on well known places.

But now they don’t fight and sometimes they don’t get hurt by me. Only my followers could slay them. After knocking them out or killing the body sometimes goes invisible. Not the old known under the ground issue. Even if I leave the zone and come back they are invisible but i can interact with this invisible bodys.
My rinos and Elefants (the one from the dlc with bags on their backs) go invisible too. They get their skin back after a while but when I turn around do something and come back from few meters away they are invisible again.

In around 3 hours playing i got 5 freezes. But this time not at the menu. Just at some spots in the world. Sometimes with bluescreen sometimes just freeze.

Do anyone else have the problem on official pvec that the doors and placables need 10-20 minutes after log in to load in?
Or is that only a 3052 server problem. On siptah and my old pvp server there was nothing like that.
I know if I start Conan I have to wait up to 20 minutes before I can start playing but now with the freezes and blue screens it’s everytime you start.

Yesterday I had this problem while coming back to my base even without a restart.

From my 3 hours I was not able to play around 1h. And I think an half hour I was at the loading screen. But I love the fact that the old soundtrack is back. I was going sleep with it in my head again :joy: like the good old times… The siptah soundtrack never hit me like this… I even don’t remember it anymore…

At least thumbs up and thanks to funcom for hot fixing the missing textures so fast. Even if I can not understand how it could be released and not seen before. I am sure the other stuff will be fixed too. And meanwhile I try to prepare for the next adventures on exiles land and siptah.

3 Likes

All the problems you mentioned are valid for me too, all of them!
Patience and report :grin:! They will fix them, they always do!

1 Like

What the heck happened to the servers yesterday? The only day I truly have the time to play is on sundays. I logged in this morning to see the progress of my thralls on pain wheel and guess what? Everything I did yesterday is GONE! I checked the server log and there is NOTHING there from yesterday. More than 5 hours in the trash!

I’m on PS4 playing solo. It doesn’t matter if i just move around my base or trying to check the bazaar or the battle pass, the game will instantly freeze. It froze even when i tried to open the options menu. Ground textures are not existing but at least i can see my base before the game closes with an error or just freezes and i have to close it manually from the PS4 menu. This game had several issues before this Sorcery, but this is insane.

2 Likes

I started playing want to see what challenges I have to do and got the freeze at battlepasstab :frowning:
Another 15 minutes waiting for doors now…

So just FYI the freezes are still the same. I send bluescreen report via psn everytime it’s possible.
I hope it is helpful to find the problem.

1 Like

Of course, I endured everything for a long time, but this update forced me to delete the game. Lightning spell breaks through any walls and textures breaks the base inside. standing ovation

Looks like I am late to the party for providing feedback here. I am on ps5 and have also had the invisible armor and placeables bug. No idea if the patch has resolved it for me yet or not, as it is 61.7gb here.:dizzy_face: And even though I have been chipping away from it pieces at a time, I think this one may warrant dropping my ps5 off a the local PC technicians place of business to complete the update. But I do not really mind. Invisibility bug aside 3.0 has been gold for me thus far. And great job on thespeedy release of this patch too Funcom.

2 Likes

Anyone got access to their twitch drops?

I logged a bunch of time with the game over the past 3 days, and wanted to share my observations.

I was very pleasantly surprised that a patch was pushed out on Sunday, I cannot thank the Team enough for the timely response.

After the update, many of the issues present before seem to have been addressed.

A few things that are still issues for me:
My Greater Shaleback is still invisible frequently, my other followers appear as expected.

There seem to be some texture rendering issues on some things, for example I was wearing the Kambujan set, and I was swimming. The inside of the Kambujan Wrap texture was transparent.

With the new building mechanics, some of the text is inaccurate when using the Quick Wheel commands. For Example, with regular building pieces, the text says “Remove”. However, for Workbenches and Wheels of Pain, the texts says “Pick Up”, but actually destroys the object returning the materials to the inventory. While the result is consistent with the new Building System, the text is confusing.
Items made with Hammer, are disasembled, while items hand crafted, or made in the Artisan’s Bench are returned to the Inventory.
Currently, the text is the same for both in the Quick Wheel.

My Twitch Drops are not working correctly. My Twitch account is linked, and the Watcher items appear in the Knowledge Tab, but I cannot activate them.

At login there is a significant amount of time before all the assets load in.
This might be related to some of the rather large builds on the Server.

I did have a theory about the initial load in issue- It seems to be linked to the ‘Daytime at login’ feature of the game. As the game actually syncs with the actual time of the Server, things seem to pop in at that time.

Thank you for new content and timely support.

For reference, I am playing on the PS5 with a hardwired high speed connection.
PVE-C Official Server 3828

1 Like

Can we get Midnight Alchemist easier on Siptah? It’s the only safe method to reset attributes at this time and since 3.0, redoing attributes is important.

I know what you are saying.
I learned that the hardway too.
If I pick it up it should go back into my inventory.
Not the 100% resources you put into it. Then you have to make it again. Hassle.

2 Likes

@Smilik
I gave up on PVP 6 months ago when there was a 7 day PVP window,
I couldn’t believe FUNCOM would do that. Nobody can maintain a base 7 days a week from what 6 til 11pm. Everyone faces burnout, that’s not a game that’s a job.

That stupid bomb glitch didn’t help matters!!! (still angry about that).

PVE and PVE-C look to be amazing, lots of quality of life, Reskinning, Events, (even in SOLO play, as I wait for bugs to get sorted before investing again in online play). New Game is gorgeous, if somewhat slow to load textures, etc. but PVP dude, the fact you lasted as long as you have good on ya. PVP is ridiculous unless you are strictly a raider.

PVP, FUNCOM makes it impossible to have (keep) nice things.