PS4 Performance and technical issues - Feedback thread

Regular PS4.
Official PVP Server.
Been on a while.

Issue: Blue Screen and log load in after death
Area: Base–medium amount of thralls/pets (lets say 15 of each) multiple crafting statins with thralls on them as well, 10-15 chests in the immediate area where it happens most.
Seems to lag and happen with any combination of these things:
Blue Screen

1. Inventory boxes with a larger variety of mats (dump box so to speak) tries to preview
  2. Have a large amount of crafting stations going.
  3. Have a full inventory of mats you are moving around
  4. First time when you load into game for the day (3 or 4 in row sometimes)–did notice if i load a SP game then log off it and into the online server, it tends to not happen again.
  5. Loading base when coming in (have a bazillion doors, not my choice, but hey, it makes it a b to raid :slight_smile: ). doors will vary from gates, to dlc, to black ice.

Edit:
6. Torches when in close view will cause lag as well.

Did notice if i take a night eye potion, lag is way less, and don’t blue screen near as often, if at all. But i don’t want to become a night eye addict :slight_smile:

Purchased new dlc last night hoping it might help with some of these issues didn’t. Maybe it’s better tonight. Would like to play over the holidays. Cross your fingers.ps4 gportal server

Hey there,

We will be releasing a hotfix really soon to help alleviate these performance issues that arose recently.

Cheers

1 Like

^ so glad.

before the last patch I finally came back to conan to refill my base after the thrall hunger bug decimated my population, it was with some trepidation, but I played and really enjoyed it for a week solid, it was smooth, it ran well, so nice after waiting so long for performance fixes, then to have it undone by an update… I haven’t been able to go back since. Hopefully you can maintain a solid performance throughout further patches, and keep a sharper eye out for conflicts within the content. I don’t know how bound you are to release dates for the dlc, but patches and updates coming out untested and un-optimized are a sure way to drive loyal fans away.

1 Like

Awesome thank you I felt you would deliver. GLAD I was right

Hey there,

We have released a hotfix that should alleviate the many of the issues you reported in this thread.
You can fix the patch notes in this thread: PS4 Hotfix (20.12.2018)

Cheers!

As much as we appreciate the quick response, performance has not been restored to how it was pre-patch.
I hate to say it, but currently the game feels like too much of a wreck for me to play.

3 Likes
Are you playing single player, multiplayer (PVP, PVE)?

Single Player
Which are the areas of the game that show these issues consistently?
Everywhere? The game has issues before Katana patch but this one…just kills it.
I could point to new asgard but this was always laggy. In general roaming open areas or forest does little, but once you turn upon camp, and start combat, it’ll pause/freeze game before it keeps going.

Is your game/server containing a large number of buildings and player-made structures? If so, are they complex?

If i log in (offline) turn quickly thru my base, it’ll blue screen.
If I wait a moment, everything works fine and not very laggy. (I stop trying to make role playing homes with tables and items about… just not worth lag on ps4.

Are you experiencing these issues more consistently with a large number of Thralls?

Its single player, so theres only 6-7 about freely, and whats attached to crafting tables.

If possible, could you upload a video showing these issues?
Maybe, (I stop playing other day do to crashes and save corruption) and have moved back to MGSV… My back up save after event is all I got…not in mood start over for 40-50th time.

Most of issues is starting combat, (with humans, animals dont cause it) BUT if 5 rhinos are on same spawn, and have to “spilt” game will lag out.
Or Boss, has 3-4+ spawns in one spot have to “spilt” game will lag out and freeze.

Most of small enemy camps will ether work, or freeze game for 1second. Its fairly random.

Turning camera super quickly (not just 180, but several 180’s) will blue screen game from time to time after 2-3 hours play time. (which I assume is memory issue after lengthy play time)

2 Likes

We are working on optimizations that should improve performance issues near player-made buildings noticeably, both on PC and consoles, and should be available in an upcoming patch.

So it do nothing in nudity setting what ever i do it still on none i play on ps4 in solo mode and it’s more anoying when i can choose nudity setting abnd it do nothing why a final version have bug like that it’s unforgetable

I played last night on officials and private PVP. The worst stuttering I got is when im farming resources. when I get full it seems the stuttering is even worse

I have to agree with Cka3ka… Why do you need the end user to show you whats wrong with your game??? Just boot up the game and play… Anytime another person comes near me I lag out anytime I wanna fight a mob of monsters i lag out… This happenes on both of my PS4’s… Pro and Original.

Did this game get directly ported from PC with absolutely no testing?

2 Likes

hey marry cristimis happy new year

fiest of al very nice game hopefull you go more ibto game add stuff new builsing new enemies new area en resources

but the problem at the moment are this

1 the person thet i play its like miror of his move is slowy fallow him i called mirror bug

second 2 lags en shuttering while gaming special in fight or before you fight en when you die game freeze also when you spawn at bed

3rd i notic thet the cooking cheff servent is not doing his job he aint cooking i place wood en flesh end fish bit he not cooking at his own

ideas end inprovement.

1 i whanna lvl my servent en see there invecrty end add there pionts also what i have as skill

2 give poeple orders in beter way.

3 add farmers servebt in the game
they he can go farm thet i give order to it use the servebt map give him loaction whre to whare

4new building like market or baraks would watch towers.
watersuply.

5 new monster or new mutends base need to be add.

6 enemies clan can attack your

ai can make there own base en geruikt other ai.

love raid en loot en kill.

also last few thing pls fix the game first.

i(top i i place stone floor i see the grass stil true the walls or floor.trees stil growing.

i wish there are bigger bases new servent like farmer. exe warrior.tamer of animals.trainer to tame your prisioners.

or the last thing.make cave or prision or hang those ■■■ up on your wall.or burn then alive.maby a own emblem clan can be made

scorpion king emblem new skills.or marouders.o very last thing.

fix the game first en be more active pls.when big update cames??

Consistently lagging on PVE Conflict, with a PS4 Pro. Lagging around buildings, near containers, but it can hit anywhere. Near Muriel’s Hope, I’ve actually gotten several stuck, unable to walk anywhere, I could only roll forward out of the heavily lagged area, for some reason. I have rocketed off the edge of a cliff during a laq spike. On occasion animals and thralls don’t not visibly load, so, I get attacked by invisible enemies, frequently losing half my hp before being able to track down invisible archers etc. Many things are extremely slow to load, like pet textures, my wolves generally resemble badly rendered lions.

Pls fix the decaying of another players small base that’s not active for over 2 months now, it gets refreshed every time my base gets refreshed due to able to build so close to my main base. 1 side is already destroyed by a purge over a week+ ago. O.S #3522 PVE-C by Mitra Shrine made of tier1 stuff by the pool.

Official server 3510 us ps4 pro me ps4 my wife both wired connection to Internet good connection problems 1invisible enemies on pro only 2 buildings piecing in super slow 3 dying no options to pick bed or bedroll just desert die again can pick spawn location both systems 4 die running between brimstone an mitra trainer oasis due to game crash blue screen load back in I’m on the other side of the mitra shrine like the server an my game not both sure of where I’m really at on pro thank u I know u guys are doing the best ya can an thank u for that love ur game can’t wait for the foxes ur working on thank u guys for making the game it’s me an my wife’s favorite game to play togther were a two person clan lo

Hey everybody,

We are aware of PS4 Pro systems having additional issues regarding performance. To those of you playing on PS4 Pro and experiencing these issues, could you provide some extra info so I can send it to our QA guys?

• Resolution (4k or 1080p/i)
  • Is performance/boost mode enabled on your system?

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

To be honest I have no idea lmao sorry I’ll check an hit u back on how it’s set up but I have a question in turn u can speak to ur programmers can u tell me the optimal way to have the ps4 pro set up I’ll gladly change settings to make the game preform better thank u for ur time

2 Likes

In addition to my friend post for server 3522;

delete, wipe, destroy, vaporate, nuke and/or BAN in his most absolute form the clan members: UNSCRUPULOUS… who their only goal is to block every player by building wall around obelisk, dungeons villages with spikes on it. And yes… its PVE-C so we cannot destroy buildings… only secure what we can with our own wall without blocking any access.

this server like this whole game in all its form are in real danger if YOU!! F.U.N.C.O.M do nothing for correct this issue

Can u rally other clans I mean just to make there lives more difficult an eventually throttle them til they move servers I had a similar problem whole volcano blocked off so I foumnd there main camp boxed on the. Obelisk closest to there home base put up a sign this door opens to all when the volcano does took two days just an example