PS4 Update 2.5.1 Discussion Megathread

Same over here h3rb1; 51gb. Man this is a big undertaking for me, but one which I am sure will be worth it. But I am going to have to hold on tight for a while, this one will be a job for my local PC repair guy for certain.

5 Likes

The game is awesome again, THANK YOU.
I am sure tweaks will be done but I am pleasantly surprised how fun the game is again.

3 Likes

The game is still riddled with bugs for me.

Playing on a private gportal server with only one other person. Biggest issue at the moment is being stuck inside my own base seeming to bounce off invisible forces and can’t even jump down from a wall. Unplayable and nothing to do with base size or detail.

Other issues include:

Terrible rendering times (even in non-player built game dungeon structures)
Invisible enemies
Enemy bodies disappearing before they can be looted
Delayed and missing sound effects
Human characters roaring like animal ones
Music cutting off suddenly
Slow inventory access times
General lagging of gameplay
Distant landscapes replaced by plain white graphics
Enemies continuing to back off cliffs
Resources disappearing as you start to mine them, then reappearing
Spontaneously dropping off the top of things you have climbed
Some crafting items instantaneously crafting in bulk
Single enemies appearing in two places at the same time freezing and then suddenly dying
Horse not staying in sprint when pressed
Pets which don’t eat meat are picking up meat
Followers feet disappearing into the ground
Panting breath triggered for no clear reason
Named dancer refusing to use weapons
Teleporting into some areas gets you killed while it’s loading

There are others

4 Likes

Esto cada vez va a peor ahora los animales chocan contra la pared es no se cargan las estructuras el juego funciona el sonido cuando le da la gana
 Con la de dinero que me he gastado yo!! Es vergonzoso que esto pase y en Sony no hagan nada, a mí el juego me encanta y después de haber visto algunos vídeos con mods creo que es la hora de pasarme a PC y a tomar por culo todo lo de PS4

1 Like

Ok so played a bit more of the update. My original thoughts were that because the freezing and rubber banding were fixed the game was playable again but sadly I think it was just because the game was so broken before that any improvement would seem good

Issues I’ve encountered so far are

1. Loading after death and after using a maproom on official pvp is slower than a week in jail. I went to the kitchen and made a coffee in the time it took for me to respawn after being killed by an invisible enemy.

2. So invisible enemies are still a thing, sometimes they are given away by their floating swords but animals don’t have such things so are impossible to see right now until they render in, usually just before their last attack to kill you.

3. As well as invisible npc’s, sometimes their camps are invisible too
 so you can enjoy the experience of getting trapped in an invisible npc tent while getting your ass kicked by invisible npc’s.

4. The awful white far background is back so even at night the background looks like a crap disneyland.

5. Some of my thralls with white and black dyed yamatai armour have reverted back to the base colours.

6. You effectively can’t teleport to the southern jungle without a thrall as the the panthers will kill you before you load in due to do number 1 on my list.

7. Credit where credit is due at least we can now steal from any legendary chest without a key.

8. The game still manages to freeze quite often but not quite as much as before. Maybe once every ten minutes or so, just often enough so that you can find yourself plummeting over a cliff to your death.

9. Oh yeah, player buildings still take an age to render in, sometimes you can run into the middle of one before getting pinged back out when it renders in.

10. Last but not least (well so far, I find new problems mostly every time I play!). So if you ride a horse in the sea and dismount when in the sea, your horse will instantly die, all the items in its possession will instantly disappear. On checking the event log it says my horse was killed by a shoebill, despite being somewhere where there were no shoebills for miles.

I genuinely cannot understand how each patch can either break the game further or throw up new problems without fixing the old. Absolutely breathtakingly awful. I am very excited to probably also be moaning on the PS4 Update 2.5.2 mega thread very soon.

Peace!

3 Likes

Es ridĂ­culo que dediquemos horas y horas a explicar los problemas que tiene el juego sigamos en el y no nos hagan una mierda de caso alguno

1 Like

Patch 2.5.2 is now out on PS4.

Patchnotes.

3 Likes

No orb of Nergal and admin spawn isn’t It?

2 Likes

Nothing much that I was considering a priority. But it is progress.

1 Like

@Ignasi i just downloaded the update and now i have completely empty server list. I restarted both the game and the ps and nothing. I no longer have a server

2 Likes

Same for me. If you enable the checkbox “Show invalid servers” it will display all the server but won’t allow to select them since they are invalid

2 Likes

exactly. What should be done?

1 Like

That’s probably server-side issue or something. Meanin nothin can be done on our side. We should wait for the fix from the devs.

4 Likes

We are currently looking into the PS server issue and will update this thread once we know more.

Thank you for your patience while we look into this.

5 Likes

Oh no, I hope the 70 weapons I have collected are preserved.
I stole it via quick loot. :joy:

1 Like

Alucinante!! Vaya manera de tomarle el pelo a la gente. Por mucho que intentéis quitarme los mensajes no lo vais a conseguir que se entere todo el mundo que quitåis los mensajes que no os gustan, y no es perderle el respeto a nadie es decir las cosas muy claras, es mi opinión una tomadura de pelo!!

2 Likes

SerĂĄ posible esto tio :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

There is no update that you do well really lousy yours always do some

1 Like

Gportal fix is happening now

2 Likes

None of the updates I was hoping for. But I know the Voidforged Bow has been a thing for some people, so it’s something.
Also, at least it isn’t the behemoth that previous patches have been.