PUA/AD.CoinMiner.apdz malware alarm after patch

yes, they tried that too, didn´t help sadly :frowning:

stop avira while you are patching? it seems to be an issue with this anti-virus only.

well, i personally haven’t got the problem, but i think, if i had to decide between my pcs protection and a game client…the game client would lose

Same problem here, Avira put the file into quarantine, I restored it and told Avira to ■■■■■■ off in the future. The game started alright after that, but then after a few minutes it crashed, just a black screen and back I was on my desktop. I restarted my PC after that and tried again - same issue.
Plus when I started the game again, the things I held when the crash happened were gone - not that bad because playing solo I was able to get them back easily, but annyoing anyway.
Letting Steam check my files at the moment, will try again after that and see what happens.

Update: games running okay now, but I also disabled a mod that I normally use (Boss Health) - maybe that was causing the crashes I experienced. So it doesn’t seem to be such a big deal after all…

Had the same problem with the disk writing error. All I had to do was open aviras quarantine window, choose that grgranite.dll and restore it and while restoring it you get the option to take the file of aviras watchlist so it wont cause any problems witrh it anymore. after that i finaly could play the game again without issues

Ask your anti-virus. Of the dozens and dozens of options out there, only Avira appears to be the one seeing things, where as everybody else isn’t.

1 Like

Any active mods you’re using? That’s what was causing my problems with game performance.

It’s Fake Flag https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c16306502110a1f7e1290344e922ee7e9aa51bda988efd9e2c2c8aa02dc9a09a/analysis/1559291692/

that’s not the fault of funcom, conan exiles or granite. virus scanners search for viruses not only with the known virus signatures. they also use heuristics to detect unknown viruses and in this case the avira heuristic produce a false positive.

so if someone has something to fix then it is the producer of the anti-virus software (in this case avira) because his heuristic signatures produce a false alarm.

Game mode: Online official
**Type of issue:**Crash , Virus
Server type: PvE
Region: EU

Virus detected in Conan Exiles, file grGranite.dll , presistent after re installation of client

steps to reproduce

1. Installation.
    Virus scanner avira , bitcoin miner virus detected
    conan exile uninstall
    conan exile reinstall
    by start again virus alert

file : … steamapps\downloading\440900\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\GraniteSDK\Win64\release\grGranite.dll

flagged by avira as PUA/AD.coinMiner.apdz

Already a thread

https://forums.funcom.com/t/can-someone-explain-this/73127/26

After the update my antivirus does not let the game open

Something very wrong is happening, after I did this update of the game today my antivirus no longer let me open it, it says that it forwarded a file of the game to quarantine, file that prevents the game from opening. “PAU/AD.CoinMiner.apdz” PC Steam

Something very wrong is happening, after I did this update of the game today my antivirus no longer let me open it, it says that it forwarded a file of the game to quarantine, file that prevents the game from opening. “PAU/AD.CoinMiner.apdz” PC Steam

Already a thread on this

Hey there,

We’ve merged all threads reporting this situation into this one. Please use the search function before posting an issue.
It’s a false positive, we’ve notified our team.

false positiv for me to

I did the less indicated, I had to indign and remove from the quarantine, I turned off the antivirus … until the update finished and the game opened, but soon gave a fatal error, and now it does not open again even with the antivirus turned off, which it is not correct at all.
I play this game for 2 years never had a problem, how can an update that added nothing and still damage the whole game.
The problem is not whether it is positive or not, the problem is that positive or phallus broke the operation of the game!

if your windows breaks, which would result in you not being able to play the game, would you say it is the game’s fault again? your anti-virus broke the game, not the other way around.

verify the integritity of the files with avira off.