Purge meter is empty everyday

Game mode: [Online]
Problem: Bug

Every time I log in my purge meter is lower than last day, I have never been purged, and I play a lot every day, I have built 1 huge base and 1 little base and the purge meter never reaches 25%, and now it’s completely empty.

I play on official server 4513

[Free text]

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. open the game
  2. play the game
  3. never been purged
1 Like

I have run into this as well, usually playing on private PVE servers with lots of mods. I have started over on different servers perhaps 10-12 times, built a big T3 castle, until I reach what I call the “Kronyxium Curse” (right about the time I reach Krony level, something happens to the server, and I have to move on and start over). I have NEVER seen a purge, and on several servers I have noticed my purge meter moving backwards when logging in the next day, or just re-setting itself to zero.
I’ve recently started & built on single player mode, and the purge meter seems to be progressing normally, without losing any ground. Still waiting for my first purge.

I started in a new server(4523) to see if i got some luck, but when the purge meter reaches about 25% it starts to decrease until zero. I do not know what to do. I can not see The most interesting event in PVE. Thinking about stopping play for a while.

Hello @Pliniovsc, welcome to the forums and thank you for reaching out!

Could you share more details regarding your how long you is your average play time and what you usually do or where you usually farm?

Are you in a clan or playing solo, and which area have you built in?

Please be aware that purges are not meant to happen frequently on Official servers, and that they are usually easier to get by mid-sized clans rather than solo players since the purge meter is shared by all members of the clan.

1 Like

Hi @Hugo.
I’ve been playing about 3 or 4 hours day, farming in the north, or killing monsters in the unamed city, playing the warmaker dungeon or the wine cellar.
I am playing solo, but created a clan.
As I said I made two bases, the big one is in the A10 almost B10 sector on the map. And the little one is in the frozen north, next to the temple of frost.

I made the bigger base exactly in the same place that I made when I played on pvp server and I had a lot of purges with cimmerians and dragons(sometimes).

I know that playing solo I have to wait more time for the purge. But, why the purge meter is decreasing? Is it normal?.
Do you understand my worry?
The real problem is not that it is taking too long to get purged, is that the purge meter is always empty when I log in.
Every day I play until it gets around 10% and the next day, is empty. I always play at night.

And I started I in a new server. 4323, built a base on g8 sector and had the same problem in the purge meter. Always empty when I log in.

Pleaase help me!!!:cry::cry:

It is normal, though the rate at which it decreases is… fast. Very fast. Let me put it this way: I haven’t managed to get a single Purge in over a year of playing now, because I play solo, and I don’t play every day.

I don’t think it’s a bug as such, just a feature that is effectively cut off from you unless you play in a clan.

1 Like

The meter only started going backwards after a patch in Sept/Oct 2018.
I don’t know if a reason was given for the change, or if it was a bug.
Pre Oct 2018 my 2 man clan was getting purged weekly and when we were online, it was awesome.

I know the purge has had a lot of problems but if this is a bug, it should be easily fixed and have a higher priority than a lot of other bugs.
If not a bug, then what’s the reason it was changed and why has it not been reverted?

1 Like

Thank you for providing further input, we’ll register this matter for our team to look into.

The reason given at the time was that Purges were taxing for the servers to handle, and they wanted to make it difficult to get them.

So I can’t play solo in official servers?!
That doesn’t make sense to me.
I played solo and with one friend before, and get purged. But now I just can’t. I don’t think that the problem is that i am solo.

Not technically, just practically. When no-one in a clan is online, the Purge meter goes down sharply (after a day or so) and when you’re the only player in a clan it’s hard to avoid offline periods.

At least that’s my experience as a solo player on officials.

My nickname on ps4 is the same as you see here. Send me invitation on Saturday and i ll join your clan until you ll get a purge, ok?

It happens to me too. I’ve got one purge and after that, everytime I log the purge bar is empty. If it’s a bug, keep this bug in the game! I really don’t like purges, so for me it’s ok.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.