Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Other
Server type: PvE
Not sure if this is a bug or intended. This play-through I tried something different. I did not start base building until after level 31. The purge meter did not start to move until after I achieved the build a base/home (?) journey step.
Again, not sure if this is intended… Anyway I expected the purge meter to progress normally while exploring, etc. despite not having a base/home.
- Explore the map uncovering map markers
- Fight a few beasties, etc. that get in the way, very few.
- Scavenge some armor from wanderers, not a complete set
- Farm the Black Galleon hidden chests for Sharkbite and the Hooked Sword
- At level 31, farm Sepermeru, get a complete set of Relic Hunter armor
- Setup camp nearby, no foundations
- Build initial furnace, carpenters bench, tanners bench and blacksmith bench
- Farm iron ore, wood, Sepermeru, etc.
- Complete building all tier two benches including Wheel of Pain
- Transfer tier two benches, etc. to the desired base/home, again no foundations
- Farm Sinners Refuge for a complete set of Asura’s Chosen (?) armor.
- Go home, Use Yellow Lotus to take full advantage of the Chosen armor. Farm stone, wood etc.
- Put somebody in the Wheel of Reeducation
- Start laying foundations, get journey step, the Purge meter will begin to increment
I did adjust the Purge settings like I always have before in each new playthrough. But as I have done this before and used the same settings, I don’t think the settings are responsible.