Purge Meter Resets When Logging Out and In

Game mode: Online - PVE private rented server
Problem: Bug
Region: US

Purge meters on our server reset each time we log out and back in. I thought the purge meter was supposed to carry over. At least that is what it did before the midnight grove patch. Although, before that patch our meters were always full and yet we never had any purges trigger. Now, while the purge meter resets with every log in, at least we have been getting purges…, but It takes 10+ hours of game play to get that meter filled up (even after I reduced it to 3k trigger value – I suppose I could reduce it more, but that seems besides the point).

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. play game, see purge meter fill up partially
  2. Log out
  3. Log back in, and see purge meter reset
  4. Repeat (or marathon it until a purge pops)
2 Likes

The purge has never really worked for me. I think the purge is a bug itself. :rofl:

1 Like

This has been happening on my private server as well, i’m about to reduce purge settings like stated in op and see if it helps. my players are bored without purge mechanic working as intended and just taming pet and thrall armies for nothing.

1 Like

I was getting a purge every week until the midnight grove patch. Then it stopped working. Barley moving and then resetting after log off. I noticed this weekend it started moving again altough very slowly.

Has this then been fixed Funcom. to

1 Like

My purge meter just keeps going down every time I log in.

It was full before the last patch, now it’s at about a 1/3.

Doesn’t go up regardless of what I do, just stays static until I log out and then loses some.

I have the same issue on official server 3522. It was slowly dropping after our last update and then I got a purge 2 days ago and now it won’t go up at all.

Is it possible that there is a bug in this function, which is causing the purge meter to reset each time a player logs out and in?

How does the system identify inactive clans? How long of a gap in clan-player activity results in the system flagging a clan as inactive?

2 Likes

I’m a stay at home dad so I’m on daily :slight_smile: . So my clan is far from inactive yet it’s now been 2 days and my purge bar is still completely empty.

My bar hasn’t increased since the pets update.

We believe there is a bug with the Purge system that causes the meter to not increase when you’re playing. Our QA team is currently investigating this issue so we can fix it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i would wait forever to get a purge with a full metre , it never happened so id sleep and check it the next day and imps woulda came n broke my walls so i got a thrall army to protect my walls then now i have to feed like 100s of thralls like wtf.

and now im not seeing any purges.

And, what about the purge meter resetting each log in? The meter fills during game-play on our server, it just completely resets with each log out/in.

No mods, I don’t even think mods are available for PS4.

It actually is happening with PC on many servers, as reported by many threads here.

As an update, I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the changes they made in recent updates for purge meters to decrease over time. Last night I logged out with purge meter at about 80%, then logged back in a few minutes later and it was at about the same level. By the time I logged in this morning, it was back at zero.

I would ask that Funcom take a look, I am an active player and dont think the purge meter should be decreasing that fast. Perhaps they need to revisit how long a player/clan should be offline before it starts to decrease. I would suggest that the purge meter should not decrease until a player/clan is inactive for one week. Or simply to remove the decrease… I’m not really sure what the rationale is for the decrease in the first place.

1 Like

Your imaginary QA team missed it when they were testing it prior to going live?

The rationale was that less active clans would fall below the Purge threshold, with more active clans being purged more frequently. :slight_smile: However the Purge meter itself was, obviously, not supposed to freeze.

2 Likes

So even though I’ve put in over 1,000 hours on this game (and never had a purge since the very first day I played, only 3 false alarms early on), because there are only 2 of us in my clan and my mate’s not on that much, I’m going to be punished as being a ‘less active’ clan and still never get to have a purge?! Can’t you just give everyone a purge every day, we’d play more again that way. It’s the one thing in the game we’ve never got to experience.

Well, that and a working event log, mine’s been completely blank since the last update. Sometimes I feel like I’m playing a different game to everyone else!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the response. Although, I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing.

You mentioned the purge meter “freezing,” which is not what I am talking about. My purge meter does not “freeze” per se, but moves up when I’m playing, and during marathon gaming sessions gets to the purge activation threshold and a purge generally pops.

Absent a marathon gaming session, the purge meter fills up to 25%, or 50%, etc. I log out for the evening. I log back in the next day after work, so we are looking at 16-20 hours later, and the purge meter has reset back to zero. If that is what you mean by freezing, then we are talking about the same thing. But the freezing issue would indicate that a purge meter either doesn’t move at all, or once it reaches a certain level it neither increases, nor decreases. Which is why I think we are not on the same page with the bug/issue I presented at the inception of this thread.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond to my last post. Hopefully, I’ve been able to sufficiently distinguish what our server is experiencing from the “freezing” issue.

2 Likes