Purge Meter Trigger Value bugged

Game mode: [Singleplayer]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: EU

In Solo mode, changing the Purge Meter Trigger Value from its original 42,000 value makes that value unavailable. The only two options are 0 and 100,000 (minimum or maximum) with nothing in between. This is very silly as 0 is way too little and 100,000 is way too much. Would it be possible to be able to choose a proper value, please?

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Get Admin Rights
  2. Move the Purge Meter Trigger Value from 42,000 to something else
  3. Laugh at the fact that now the meter is stuck either at 0 or 100,000
  4. Sigh
3 Likes

Bump this. You fix this a week ago and in the patch you did 2 days ago you re broke it when you did the hotfix. You can only choose 0 or 100000, unless you leave it on default 45000.

I swear I have no idea how this is even possible. It took forever for them to fix and when it finally happened they broke it again after just 1 update.

2 Likes

It’s funny because they even postponed the hotfix and still managed to screw it anyway.
Oh by the way, if someone will ever reply to this thread, be ready for: “We’re aware of this issue and our team is looking into it.
Thanks for your feedback”.
I can bet that after the next hotfix, they will fix the purge value but settings won’t save again.
I understand errors but here it’s becoming a joke, they ignore testlive bugs and don’t even test before deploying the patches.

1 Like

Set values back to default to get back to 42000. The more important setting is the purge delay; lower it some. Crafting and building will eventually cause some purges. Not daily, but they come eventually. Better than nothing.

Don’t you have a ‘square’ button to reset all server settings to default? I do.
Default settings get you back to 42000 then fix the other settings how you had them.

2 Likes

Was just about to post this lol

Kinda dumb as solution, don’t you think?

This is pretty much true for all server settings - they are very coarse which makes it impossible to fine tune the server. For example the crafting speed settings can only be set to 0; 0.5; 1
 A step of 0.1 is desperately needed in order to setup a semi-decent single player balance (for example, 25 or even 12 hours tier 4 thrall breaking is way too much when a server doesn’t run 24/7, same for the 4-6 hours pet taming timer).

Another example is the “Purge delay” - the only values available are in steps of 5 (0; 5; 10
) which prevents fine tuning.

1 Like

Hey there,

Our team’s been informed about this reoccurring issue.
Thanks for the heads-up.

2 Likes

They don’t care about single / coop players.
Last time someone asked for it, they replied with “you can change server settings through g-portal interface”.
Also look how long it took to them to fix admin fly on the consoles.

I saw the square button reset was afraid what I might mess up on my server. Guess I will close one eye and try.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.