Purge Observation Request

PC PVE multi + SP
Note that i have experienced something around 10 legit purges and about 5 purges triggered through admin commands (in every single biome of the map except the volcano).

It’s been a long time that i didn’t get purged by a lvl 6 and there is a good reason for it, as this was the worst purge experience ever and it was about 3 or 4 months ago after the official release of the game. Since then i have been testing purges from lvl 3 to lvl 5. i should give lvl 6 purges an other shot though.

Currently my purge lvl is set to 4 or 5 (will check next time i’m ingame).
last time i was hit by a lvl 6 purge it was on an online PVE server and i faced it alone since my teamate was not there.

It was near the forgotten tribe HQ.
The ennemies were only wildlife (hordes of mammoths/ frost giants and a few sabertooth + 2 frost giants bosses)
i was not well prepared for it i have to admit. I had only 5 fighters lvl 4 from the forgotten tribe and only 1 tier 3 archer from the volcano (all pretty well equiped with starmetal gear). No walls, nothing…
BUT i trully believe it wouldn’t have mattered at all if i had had 20 or 30 thralls lvl 4 with the same base setting. i was really overwhelmed by mammoths and mammoths are the plague of thralls, the first wave was hardly half way dealt with that the second wave was already hitting and so on untill i couldn’t see my character anymore in the mass of pachyderms.
The only way i would have been able to deal with this purge is to have had 3 wall layers with some archers on the third one behind the 2 first walls (fighters are useless against mammoths, but are great against frost giants if they decide to work properly).
Second solution would have been to have at least 6 or 7 teamates (because if you don’t hold the aggro of all ennemies your buildings will suffer the consequences and if you don’t have the good DPS true players can dish out you’ll be overwhelmed by the numbers no matter what, that’s when a “luring” wall can come in handy).
i have killed several dozens of mamoths and about the same amount of frost giants and about 20 sabbertooths during this purge.
My girls took care of the first frost giant boss and some regular frost giants as well before going down. At the begining of the second wave all of them died. and if i recall correctly i received something like 12 waves (i think my purge duration was set to either 45 min or 60 min) with one boss during the first wave and an other one for the last wave. Fortunately this boss is not that hard to handle.

It can target a different base from your last purge location. MOST of the times if not always, it will target the base where your bed is activated (EVEN IN SP) it still needs to be proved though, but i really think it’s true.
I have NEVER experienced a simultaneous multi locations purge in case this was your question.

The purge can attack from the same spot (from 1 spawn point only) but it’s pretty rare. In most cases it will hit from 2 or even 3 different angles. Normally you should be able to spot the wave of ennemy coming from pretty far away, BUT NOT ALWAYS : during this frozen purge that was happening near the cimmerians HQ, there was only 1 spawn point and it was about 50 meters aways from my first buildings (normally the spawn point is more about 100 meters away from your base, sometimes even more, depends on the map location).

Eventhough i didn’t get a legit undead dragon spawn during my purges i have already done enough testing sessions to safely say it’s by far the hardest ennemy to deal with FOR THRALLS, only archers can find its hitbox and it’s not consistent.
i have heard from others that the “true” spider queen (not the demon spider) can be hard too.

easiest purge was either hyenas/ werehyenas near the black galleon or the black hands NPCS near the black galleon and in the swungle as well. (they can spawn in both biomes). i have never experienced a purge near the noob area (with imps) but this one must be the easiest one.

i believe it’s the same.

• a possibility to toggle on/ off the spawn of worldbosses

• make NPCS purges happen more frequently (currently it’s happening about 30% of the time from my experience)

• the purge difficulty (amount and dangerosity of mobs) should also scale to the size of the clan and more precisely to the number of online clan mates…good luck with that !

The purge is not BROKEN for me, the main problem is that :

• It can happen offline , and eventhough there is a good reason for that it can be frustrating and not fun at all with the current state of the AI.

• it can spawn worldbosses even at lower purge level settings

• the purge meter fills up too slowly imo and it’s hard to notice which actions make it go up faster or slower

• once your purge meter is full you can never be sure a purge will hit you right away, most of the times you’ll have to leave your base and come back later on to let it trigger, and even then it can still not trigger, which makes it very unpredictable and can ruin your gaming plans because everyone wants to be there when it happens (or at least for the first purges you will experience)

Hope you ve got some answers here and that my post was understandable enough.

Good luck with your mod !

1 Like