Purge Reset to Zero

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE ???
Region: ???

Purge countdown… 7 minutes remaining for a group of grey apes, in the jungle (K6). Having building placement issues so I pick up a thrall pot to relocate it. Now I can’t place it anywhere, absolutely anywhere. (I am aware there can be an invalid placement timer. The placement error I was experiencing was global.)

To solve placement problems I exit to the main menu and then continue the game. I can now place the thrall pot and other building items that were previously not allowed. I expected the purge timer to continue counting down. The Purge countdown was gone and the Purge indicator (Inventory screen) was reset to zero.

I don’t know if this is reproducible by just exiting to the main menu, as I was experiencing a placement bug.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Wait for a Purge event and the countdown timer to be displayed
  2. Exit to the Main Menu
  3. Continue the game

During Purges, the default setting for officials is not being able to build. Which means not placing anything, including bed rolls, and in your case a feeding pot.
When you logged off and then back on, you ended the purge, with then allowed you to place again.

1 Like

Thx. I wasn’t sure if the Purge was responsible or not but it was damn inconvenient to be carrying around all that extra stuff. It was also somewhat disappointing that exiting canceled the purge. It was the first in this playthrough and I didn’t want to cancel it.

I honestly didn’t expect to cancel the purge. I expected to reconnect and the timer to continue where it left off.

Play and Learn.

yeah, didn’t realize logging out cancelled purge either, but learn something new even after 1 year.

@RasterOps, since you are in single player mode, you can enable building during a purge.

Settings/Server Settings, make yourself admin, then go to the Purge tab and look for the checkbox.

Regards

jim

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.