Purges Fixated on Original Starting Point of Base

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

From what I can tell, it looks like The Purge only wants to target where the first block of a given decay network was placed. Even if that site is later admin-leveled, it still wants to target there and will simply fail to spawn any purge at all if there’s nothing present for it to attack.

After starting a new server for my friends from #1502, I thought to try and keep all works on the the same decay network by using decay runner and then deleting them. Given its central location, the Sinkhole seemed like the best spot to start, so I built a temporary outpost there before branching out to install public infrastrucure at Sinner’s Refuge, the Volcano, and a few other locations where our gang would appreciate it.

This was partially because I was very indecisive on where I wanted to build a real base. Yet finally, after about 3 weeks I found a spot I loved, sent a runner over there and went to town.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build a small base somewhere.
  2. Send decay runners to other locales to keep projects at those spots on the same timer, making sure to delete the runners afterwards to keep things tidy.
  3. Build a real base on this network, and move all production, beds, thralls, etc there.
  4. Still keep getting purges at the old abandoned place.
  5. Ctrl+Shift+Delete everything at the original location, and force a purge on that clan.
  6. You will see Purge starting/ending message in the Event Log, but only in the vicinity of the old location — nothing will actually spawn even after repeatedly ending and restarting the purge from all over the map to be sure.
  7. Rebuild a new structure at the original location and trigger a purge.
  8. Observe that the Purge will once again attack, but only at that spot.

I’ve looked thru all the mods I’m running (listed below), but as far as I can tell, none of them touch anything related to the purge, and none of them introduce nor modify building blocks save elevators (only decor is being added). Additionally, I’ve tried using the Purge Location X Y Z command both before and after triggering a purge, using the coordinated gleaned by using BuildingIdentify on a block at my real base, but that command seems to have no effect.

At this point, I’m thinking that I’ll have to level my base and go back to doing something I’d hoped to avoid: using multiple separate accounts on the same server. :sweat:

Red Circle = Original Location
Blue Circle = Actual Base

4 Likes

I made the same experience: My structure is made from one connected piece from Sepermeru to the sinkhole and up until the volcano (Just for the record: I also deleted all the “interconnections”, so the server is not spammed).

Since nine months, I get all the purges only at the very starting point (first foundations). The one and only exception was one purge at a maproom building in the jungle (which is one of the two buildings I have running that are not “part” to the main structure).

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed feedback @Larathiel, it’s been relayed to our team so they can look into it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.