[PVE BUG] NPC (Thralls and Enemies) Pathing Broken in Dungeons & They Stop Acting

Game mode: [(Online private, no mods)]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE, Exiled Lands]
Region: [US-West Coast]

When inside dungeons foes seem to get stuck on virtually ALL terrain. I have run Jawbone, Warmaker and all of Sunken City in the last few days and every enemy will get “stuck” and shut down all actions immediately or maybe after a couple of opening attacks. They don’t seem to snap out of it no matter what. Getting cool loot is fine and all but murdering statues that used to be fun to fight is boring as heck. If this is an intended game feature for the Exiled Lands, count me as a vote against it.

It has also been mentioned before but Followers will get hung up in almost the same way, which causes them to break their pathing and awkwardly teleport around, go missing entirely, sink to their heads in the floor or generally stop attacking. Given the error above, the chance of death is pretty minimal, but again it’s boring as heck. At least with followers we can tell them to “return” or “move” over and over and run in circles until they decide to awkwardly teleport to our sides once more and we can force them to “attack.”

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Enter a dungeon and engage a unique or large enemy, or fight in “lumpy” or “uneven” terrain (including stairs and even flooring I guess).
  2. Watch them run toward you and mysteriously shut-down all actions after one or two opening attacks if you’re lucky.
  3. Nothing will make them “wake up” so you kill them out of pitty
  4. Notice that your followers have also stopped moving and seem stuck on a nearby floor so you spend a minute or so trying to force them to snap to your side. Oh and loot the monsters you euthanized.
1 Like

I have seen the “thrall gets stuck in the floor while no visible obstacle” bug. Very irritating, and they do not even port to you most of the times, unless you run again back to the start of the vault, and even then they do not always port.
Please, try to prioritise fixing real bugs, like this one, instead of spending time nerfing items. You could do that when you have fixed some of the game-breaking bugs that we are suffering.

This (or something similar) was reported several times recently.
(Dungeon bosses do not fight back)

Hey @Herbo

Thanks for the feedback, it’s been relayed to our team so they can look into it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.