PvP suggestions

,

I think I see what you are getting at with an ‘unraidable inventory’ but surely this at best only partially mitigates the bodyvault problem? It might get rid of the need for that exploit itself (which is, in itself an improvment admittedly, replacing an exploit with an intentional system), but it would leave the same overall situation - players/clans can build up a huge reserve of unraidable supplies from which they can then perform offline raids to wipe others. (Of course, those others would have their own unraidable stores, so would not be truly wiped in the same sense, but the biggest problem with bodyvaults would seem to be the unraidable store of explosives ect and that would remain an issue.) Similarly, the need for a ‘ritual’ to access said inventory does provide a potetntial safety valve to some extent - if it takes time and effort to access, then it can’t just be sprung out mid-raid - but it doesn’t stop the raider from taking their time setting up and then launching.

Yes, very much so. I think also if they could only be carried in extremely limited numbers. I suggested earlier taking this out of the control of the standard encumbrance system and just having a flat limit on numbers that can be carried - this could even be taken further (and understand, i am not talking here in exact numbers, they could be adjusted to find the correct level - just using these numbers as examples) - carrying 1 might be ‘safe’, carrying 2 might bring a 5% risk of premature detonation (checked how often? Maybe when the player undergoes an impact? Is struck?), carrying 3 ups it to say 20%, carrying 4 brings it to 50%, carrying 5 brings it to 80%. As I say, not exact, but I think you get the idea of what I’m proposing. Carry too many and you risk blowing up before you place them.

As you say, the trebs are clearly less problematic, because of the need to defend them. This could also apply with an ‘Explosive crafting station’ - make it a large, vulnerable workstation that needs to be brought close to the battlefield in order to keep supplying the attackers with additional bombs. Now they can run in, place a few, run back and craft a fe more - there is risk for them in carrying the explosives, and there is risk of losing the workstation, so now they have something they have to defend when it comes to explosives as well as trebs. But explosives are not negated as a valid tactic.

I believe they are still viable (though it’s a long time since I last tried). It’s not so much that making explosives require star metal would make acquisition of star metal impossible, as just it creates a major bottleneck, as you suggested. I think going in that circular fashion would be broadly negative - and there may simply be better ways to make explosives expensive/time-consuming without having to go down that particular route.

If I remember correctly, DBD would mean it’s only possible to attack someone if they are or recently were online? (So they can’t just see the attack coming and duck out to avoid it, but equally can’t just be offline wiped when they haven’t had the chance to be online.) Seems like a decent approach. As I recall the problem was ‘something something, devs turned it off, maybe not working?’

Well, that’s at least a positive.

Battering Rams a problem (but at least Al Merayah no longer a free source of infinite numbers of them…) Not sure they’d fit into the sort of framework i was suggesting for bombs above. But should be possible to do something to limit them. MAybe nerf the small ones (because they don’t really make sense anyway) and add some big ones that require teamwork to operate - and are more vulnerable to boiling oil? Just spit-balling as I type, but it’d at least look a bit more like an actual battering ram used to attack fortifications than something that the modern police use to break household doors…

Actually not knowing creates a better diplomatic/social aspect. Onlyvraiding for revenge is what getsvus into personal rage fights. Not knowing means you have to create an info alliance with some clans. People you trust. And for some tinuse that trust ahainst you. Revenge back and forth is not pvp, it becomes personal.

Oh, crap I didn’t mention of course that the unraidable inventory would be severely limited. Totally my fault for leaving that part out . It could even be set to specific item only that could be stored there, type, amount, weights, etc.

Strength build, coins and a bar. Set!

Yes that’s DBD, afaik they never enabled it on Officials. But there’s valid arguments against it which would require 24/7 raid because of avoidance with current raid time setup.

Ya the bombs are meh in comparison to rams in my experience the last 2 weeks.

Onlyvraiding for revenge

I never said ‘only’ raiding for revenge?

I simply stated that removing the long-term pvp risk mechanic and protecting offliners and ratters is a pve-mentality.

The risk vs reward and potential retaliation/consequences for actions/decisions has always been a core mechanic of PVP games.

Kumbayaing official PVP servers (plenty of privates that already do this) to remove risk and protect people from consequences of their raiding/looting actions is asinine as you literally are dummying down pvp and there are plenty of other (PVE-C and privates) servers that already do this.

In fact, hindering all the real PVPrs on official servers (I honestly know zero real PVPrs that agree with this) and preventing them from holding players/clans accountable for their actions is forcing pve-mentality on PVP players.

Actually not knowing creates a better diplomatic/social aspect.

Odd statement considering that anyone worried about the social aspect and diplomacy on a pvp server can handle it like they normally would and refrain from actions that adversely impact the social aspect and diplomacy. I find it bizarre that you want to condone the actions of offliners and protect people from consequences of their decision to raid/loot others under the facade of diplomacy.

Revenge back and forth is not pvp, it becomes personal.

Revenge back and forth (aka eye for an eye) definitely creates a pvp environment. In fact, I would say it has literally sustained a small but consistent pvp playerbase and some servers over the years and is the primary reason (these antagonistic clan relationships) that so many PVP players have repeatedly returned over the years.

While some people that consider themselves casual PVPrs might categorize some of these actions as personal, I categorize it as regular PVP and pixels.

The people that are taking things personal in these games and treating pixels and pvp actions with emotions and anything other than pixels are the ones pushing for the asinine decisions that are literally ruining some of these games.

I read somewhere that their were complaints that DBD could be gamed so they didn’t enable and just let other exploits run instead ie. Body Vaulting.

I think just adjusting a few of the servers to raid window 2 hours a day weekdays, and 3 hours on teh weekends. And to mitigate the time sink some have vs others who don’t, 1x window on farming except the hour before and after raid window so 4/5 hours of high volume farming. that should be 6x. Also, 4 man max clan size. Sure you will have “sister” clans. but making larger groups have to coordinate crafter availability and loss of freindly fire protection makes it more manageable for smaller close knit clans (RL friends, etc.). This would make it meaningful to be on during the “peak” time. and also mean deciding to raid vs farming during that time. And leave the event log private as it is now. The pvp part of this game should not be about retaliation. That is a personal response, and inevitably leads to full wipes and overly aggressive RL behavior like spawn camping and trolling etc. It should be about farming, raiding, and pvp dueling with a bit of back stabbing and alliance making. Again, do this for a small amount of servers and see which are more popular. Let the “market” decide, instead of debates on a forum.

I feel like the whole “anonymous logs benefits solo/small clans” is such a copout to justify its existence, when this feature has been LARGELY disliked by the majority of the community. They did this years ago and almost immediately reverted it because of backlash, but for some reason did it again. It hardly does anything for solo’s since larger clans can realistically just do whatever they want. Somebody hits them? Well, go scorched earth on everybody since you don’t know who did it.

There’s also nothing stopping larger clans from attacking solo’s anyways. Let’s not sit here and act like larger clans have some sort of “honor” code they’re forced to live by, where they’re only able to retaliate when poked.

The irony with much of what you’ve said is that you care little about the log, since all of your things are gone anyways, when that’s completely irrelevant to having an open log. The whole point of it is to show you “hey, X duderoo broke your stuff”, and now you have a “once neutral, now enemy” you can hit back on. You now know who isn’t a friend.

In this, Conan is also very different from other survivals such as Rust, in that diplomacy, political drama, alliances, etc are a pretty core part of PvP servers, and hidden logs actually LESSENS this. If there’s nothing to discourage you from attacking Tom in the Jungle because “he’ll never know”, then it just turns into a “free for all” style chaotic system, where everyone can raid anyone without targeted repercussions, and that, once again, does NOT benefit solo players in the slightest.

Not to mention offline raiding is actually promoted with this.

Conan Exiles pvp servers

No… Não altere o pvp, demorou anos para ajustar e está muito bom assim. Está tudo sobre controle mantenha tudo sem alterações… OK

giphy

the base can stil be raided with god even if the clan is offline just more expasiv then right now is 10-20min wipe easy bomb spam

I am not certain what this has to do with my reply?

It sounds like my pvp suggestion to bring back the event log player names would at the very least, be included in your old-school classic pvp server, but my suggestion to bring this back involves a lot more than just identifying offline raiders. Or am I missing your point?

I am not asking for offline raiding to be prevented as I do not think Funcom even has the capability to do something like this. I am just suggesting that Funcom once again, reverse the idiotic decision to make damage/raiding/Godding/looting all anonymous.

Also, when I mentioned I agreed with everything you posted, I should have said that I agreed with much of what you have posted. There are some things I disagree with and some that I agree with sort of?

For example, I would like to see the bubble but I think 4-5 Gods is a bit much just to break it.

I do not want to see lightning storm unavailable during pvp, but I do think it needs some work as I watched it literally blow up a god tonight in seconds.

No, irony, just your opinion on what I said as it the “irrelevent”(cy) that is, also, again your opinion.

Many large clans do use logs to justify crushing smaller clans or solos to make “an example” of them even minimal damage is done to their stuff. The justification is done so all the other mid to large clans don’t all ally up to hit the large clan. Smaller clans or solo would need to be more careful with their resources so can not go scorched earth even if they wanted to even with log proof. Larger clans do not need to be concerned with this nearly as much if at all.

This is largely server specific in my experience from both solo and “alpha” play throughs. Free for all could of course always happen anyway so again this doesn’t argue for or against logs telling who hit who and/or when. Larger and mid clans hitting each other CAN benefit solo and smaller clans, happens all the time. Solos and smaller clans can largely benefit form chaos on the server so I don’t see your no benefit angle in the slightest.

Many things promote offlining with raid windows themselves being if not the top of the list then a close number 2 . Offlining can be done by all players and clans of all sizes do this hardly benefits only one.

@WhatMightHaveBeen debates on the forums are still needed and Funcom obviously agrees as they provide this space for them so why not let the “market” and the posts and posters have their own opinions as well, what do you say ? I do agree with much of the rest of what you said though, especially the retaliation culture that especially thrives on Official servers as well as the unfortunate server killing full wipes and other lower behaviors. You have some good ideas.

@tiagoturilli Amazing reference and accurate to be sure.

Well that is wrong. COD is goal based. Not about getting back at some one. And most pvp games have a better balance. Conan is the haves and have nots. Have mote time, have mor numbers, have more mats gives you a great advantage in raid pvp. So being sneaky is not about any of those.

Interestingly, though, sneaky goes a long way to counter many of those advantages which be one of the issues that is causing concern, but be careful as we may be being baited off the topic of the thread, again.

I’m loving the Enhanced version for the most part (after basically taking a break from 2024 till now) but recent experiences and these conversations are bringing back memories of the recommended changes that myself and others have been making for years. Over the years I’ve played in both chill clans where we were often the recipients of raids and very aggressive clans where we focused on just raiding - I’ve seen both sides.

  1. Offline raiding simply needs to be fixed. I remember epics battles defending (and attacking) bases when the game first came out but too often it now just feels like the one night you don’t log in you get wiped i.e. there are players just looking for offline bases. In those cases it is not PVP but instead PVB (player vs. base). In the past it felt like thralls could at least serve as decent speedbumps but now with the prior nerfs they are kinda pointless for base defense. Suggestions made in this post of smaller raid windows, less days, or finally implementing that dynamic base defense mechanic, they almost rolled out (for 24 hr raids), to at least some servers to try it out are all valid potential fixes.
  2. Explosives are waaaayyy too easy to farm/do too much damage. Nothing more frustrating of spending 10s of hours building a base and have even just one player more or less wipe it in 30 minutes or less (back to offlines…). Castles were meant to give defenders advantage but in this game the attackers have too much power and castles are just decorations… I’d like to suggest using more setting appropriate siege weapons such as the trebuchets and ballistas but I suspect they are not flexible enough to take out the more “creative” bases (every base should be raidable). Honestly I have not tried the battering rams due to my long break so will need to see the options there.
  3. @realist kind of sabotaged his own argument by making that anti PVE comment which clearly angered some and distracted too much of this conversation but his overall point that he (and others made) are correct. The “new” anonymity that they surprised us with had been tried before and was generally (and rightfully) rejected by most of the players in the past and is just a bad idea… Why they would try to re-implement it and sneak it back in after the failure of it before baffles me. All this talk of this change somehow “enabling” and protecting solo players is a bit silly. Even when we could see who raided us, too often I’d find my base wiped by said solo players (so cleary it didn’t stop them in the past). In the past I would know who to go find vs wiping every random player who happened to have a base near mine. This idea of somehow the server becoming more social and alliances formed by not knowing who is raiding everyone doesn’t make sense — the easier option (which I have recently seen) is for the dominant clan to just start wiping everyone after their base gets hit. Chaos (good luck being a random solo player in that setting)… I’d be more open to anonymity If they implement DBD so no more offlines and thus we have a decent chance to see who is hitting our bases (as we defend them) - until then, turn it back on!

It was re-implemented to remove an artificial surveillance that vastly benefits larger clans over all others as bigger clans would be the obvious suspect if massive damage is done to someone’s base. The point made earlier was not correct or incorrect it was an opinion no more and no less and of no more value than anyone else and to suggest otherwise invites questions of bias.

It is called the Fog of War and has been around since battles begun and would be even more prevalent in the period of time that the story of Conan was in, this period was not the present era with a satellite overhead recording and relaying information 24/7. If people want that level of surveillance be online or Funcom needs to add a method of counterplay against it, otherwise it breaks the atmosphere of the world and only serves as a bandaid on the sucking chest wound that is offline raiding and lack of proper defense methods against total base wipes that are possible in a fraction of the window provided to deal damage to bases on pvp servers. You need no where near five hours to all but erase a base that is within the building limits set by Funcom on Official servers and steal everything inside. There are many games that have methods and mechanisms that protect from offline raiding and all Funcom needs to do is take a look and institute those protections in the game.

Artificial Big Brother Eye in the Sky is not and never was the correct answer.

It is called the Fog of War and has been around since battles begun and would be even more prevalent in the period of time that the story of Conan was in

So if we are going to try to justify this idiotic change with historical examples, remember all of those medieval castles that would randomly get wiped out overnight and no one had any idea who do it? No?? Because it never happened lol My goodness…

It was re-implemented to remove an artificial surveillance that vastly benefits larger clans over all others as bigger clans would be the obvious suspect if massive damage is done to someone’s base

A bit hard to follow but I think you are saying this change is good because it could allow larger clans to erroneously be blamed for the massive damage caused by a solo player? Hmmm… Based on the relative ease of farming bombs, when you are talking offline raids doesn’t matter if the person is solo or a full 10 person clan to cause massive damage.

Oh well, this change just encourages offline raiding which I’d argue is the biggest issue with PVP in this game for years. Once again not knowing who did it will just cause larger clans to take the easiest solution - just start wiping everyone who they do not know. I suspect that is the reason it was turned back on when it was briefly turned off years ago.

Maybe I missed it but it would be nice to hear an explanation from FC why they are trying this feature again years later.

:brazil:
Conan Exiles feedback servers pc pvp pve pve-c

Creio que para evitar de ter trabalho com os reportes nos servidores oficiais de conan exiles chegando a todo o tempo, os custos do suporte era alto. Fiz uma linha do tempo até conan exiles enhanced

Linha do tempo com registros desativados 2020
giphy
Linha do tempo com registros ativados 2021
giphy
Linha do tempo com registros ainda ativos 2022
giphy
Linha do tempo com registros continua ativados 2023 com o BAN geral

giphy
Todos foram banidos ao mesmo tempo

Linha do tempo com registros desativados 2024
giphy
Linha do tempo com registros ainda desativados 2025
giphy
Linha do tempo com registros que permanecem desativados 2026 (hoje/today)
giphy

I already addressed this in earlier posts as did the OP with regard to building pieces being too fragile and offline was a major issue, however I draw a line at thinking that an Event log is the answer as it is outside of the regular game and has always performed as a tack on feature to make up for the lack of in game scouts, devices, and defenses to allow you to protect your stuff when offline.

“A bit hard to follow”

Not at all I was quite clear, clear enough in fact that others have picked up the similar thread and made similar points on the subject with examples on my part I would like to add as well. Sorry, no.

Would it not be better to offer up ideas on how to address offlining without completely removing the any advantage a solo or smaller clan might have with stealth or guerrilla tactics commonly deployed against larger forces or we can simply ask to continue to allow larger clans to dominate the server in both numbers and aid them with around the clock information ? The Event Log doing your scouting and monitoring for you was never the answer to offlining.

Weak buildable defenses (low relative HP building pieces) , lack of effective guards (thralls, pets, traps, spells, etc) to protect your base long enough for you to get online to do it during a large raid static raid window or allow passive defense in a game .

The Event Log as before mentioned is a bandaid “feature” that vastly aids larger groups in a game that already overwhelmingly rewards large clans over smaller ones including solo players as stealth is a major much needed tool to make up for the less resource gathering and outright damage power difference.

Also bombs and their overpower and game strategy flattening effect they cause, again, were ,was addressed by the OP, others in this thread, and myself many times already.

Agreed, Funcom does need to do a better job explaining themselves when they make game altering changes to the game and their reasons for doing so.