Question of the Week: If you could add any weapon in what would you add?

That would work for me nd would kind of make up for missing out on the prerelease bonuses.

1 Like

A rapier, for those of us living the pirate life in jungle. Also, u added the short sword, could we please get a legendary version, love the attack moves on that.

5 Likes

ballist1

I’m gonna add “siege” to the question and say ballista! Need more siege weaponry in game.

Edit: And it would be very nice if accuracy of the operator added to the efficacy of siege weapons… or do they?

10 Likes

Oh, nice.

I really would like to see chariots in this game. They would fit perfectly to the ancient times of Conan.
This is a 3 D Model, compatible to the Unreal Engine and Devkit.

13 Likes

Slingshot! Low tier uses stone as ammunition, high tier uses all that extra obsidian we gather (and usually toss) when cracking gold.

2 Likes

Not exactly handheld but a couple of these on my walls (manned by a thrall or player) would be epic. Also Crossbows!!

6 Likes

Hwacha

RocketPowerArrows

9 Likes

A new legendary item, Black tusk truncheon.
Made entirely from ivory, pretty worn, old bloodstains and skin remains on it. An EXTREMELY rare drop from Thunderfoot.
Origin: Some savages killed it’s father when it was a young calf, made the truncheon, and years later came back to kill him. But since elephants never forget, he recognised them and ATE them!
Main attributes:

Pros:

• very durable, around 3000. Durable just like the black tusk shield
  • 1 swing and knocks out every single npc, character, thrall you can knock out
  • it also applies 5 sunder and 25% corruption so it has multiple purposes if you are in a PvP or non-humanoid situations

Cons:

• you can not repair it or upgrade it every time it breaks you have to farm that elephant to het one
  • thralls can NOT use it
  • costs 500 stamina so you’ll never be able to hit multiple times in quick succession
  • heavy (50.00)

One day I was walking my dog and saw a dry branch kinda reminding me of a club. It was pretty-ivory colored and had mud stains on it, that’s where my idea came from. :grin:

2 Likes

DAMN!! Ya’ll are teaching and showing me some weapons I had NO idea existed! Like, the Hwacha and Kpinga DAMN! Also hell yeah @Pixelcave I LOVE those ideas. Especially the Kusarigama those look so freaking cool.

4 Likes

I second Weighted Chain or Bola as a thrown weapon. Applies multiple stacks of cripple and/or knockdown.

Staff 2-handed weapon, light attacks are more in close, lack ‘reach’ but are fast like paired daggers but do bludgeon damage like maces and perhaps shield smash. heavy attacks wield more like a spear whether swing arc or long thrust causing stagger. Special could be either a push back (farther than stagger) or knock-down (trip) with chance affected by Agility

Proper off-hand weapons not just thrown. Main-gauche which was a parrying dagger in the off-hand. Could have attack animations as part of combo when equipped but unlike thrown weapon the special attack allows a parry (shield) action.

Wakizashi - Japanese short sword. Historically worn and used only for ritual suicide, but immortalized by Miyamoto Musashi as a weapon in its own right “Two hands, two swords”

Gladiator Net - short reach, special attack key could either apply cripple or have a chance to cause a temporary disarm where the affected target unequips their main-hand weapon.

2 Likes

two swords similar to havoc and malice would be very exciting

1 Like

Most likely single hand spears(for poking and blocking with a shield, different bow types like a long bow(slower fire rate but higher damage), maybe even crossbows coming back, and finally a single handed archer dagger, slower than normal daggers but does more damage.

1 Like

May be crossbow with high power to snipe enemies :slight_smile:

We need some real traps too, to make trap bases or to trap some areas of the base.

2 Likes

Bolas :slight_smile: Pointless tho as I can’t knock people out and keep them as pets :grin:

1 Like

I’d love to have an off-hand whip that could be used to trip or stagger opponents who are just outside melee range.

Additionally, I’d love to see unarmed attacks (i.e. fists) deal concussive damage and do it at a slightly faster rate than they do lethal damage. In this way, thralls would have a non-lethal option if we had to yank their weapon away in a pinch.

3 Likes

Just as long as punching doesn’t do damage to the puncher as well, I still remember the time I almost died punching a high level Parasaurolophus unconscious in Ark…

Also that brings to mind another alternative knockout method:

Blowguns! Make some darts using cactus spines and this or that venom gland, pfft, put a few in an NPC, boom, paralyzed. Make it an endgame thing so it doesn’t feel too ~~EaSy MoDe~~.

5 Likes

And this one: Unwelcome Gift 2.0 (not only throw it, but it returns to your hand as well)

3 Likes

Oh, blowguns are a cool idea, tribal style designs and all. Could also be used to poison and weaken players before attacking.

2 Likes

my weapon of choice would be a fighter thrall with fighter perks:)

OR a boomarang

3 Likes