Rain complainings the 2358th

Hey,

we like the game a lot so far. The only thing which is REALY anoying is getting wet in rainy areas INSIDE a building.

We know that this issue had been posted a couple of times already but there is no response whatsoever.

So we would like to know if there are any plans to get rit of this behaviour in the near future?

BR Gnut

3 Likes

I agree, i would also love to see what the devs are thinking about this.

While it isn’t a game-breaking thing, it’s not realy nice still having a wett interior. Turning down the frequency of rain doesn’t change the problem realy. I love harsh weather, outside. But i love also a more confy feeling when in a well build home or base, and this is the case for most players.

2 Likes

Just a little reminder because I am standing in front of my bed and everything is soaking wet. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I agree on this, the wet inside is a real immersion breaker :frowning: Is there a way you can just kul weather effects being shown if you have a full shelter icon? I mean technically that would stop sandstorms blowing through my house too when everything is shut.

2 Likes

Yes, so immersion breaking. How long has this bug been left in the game?

2 Likes

Obviously nobody at Funcom gives a s… about this issue.

So many posts regarding this behaviour, not only with this post but with and from many others and NOTHING.

Sorry to say but that’s the way it is.

1 Like

Frankly, I can’t blame them if they don’t. It’s annoying for sure, but it’s gotta be near the bottom of any sane person’s priority list. I mean let’s be real - it’s not that big of a deal. Of course the fact that the game (still) has a list of bugs so serious that something like this is continually relegated is somewhat problematic… to say the least.

TL;DR: It sucks. But there are more important things that need fixing.

Hey,

this sure is not the big of a deal since you only notice this AFTER you bought that game. So they earned their money regardless of whether we stay or leave since this really is bugging us.

But thanks for your comment anyway.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1488578417

This is a mod which turns the wet effects off, without turning off rain, now that you folks are playing unofficial.

It’s not like they simply add a single string in the coding to turn it off. Even the mod above just turns wet visuals off. It would take some coding work, check for all items not just actors, check for overhead items that have been given tags to identify this way, remove visuals, if actor/item leaves overhead protection rechecks reapply visual. Your asking for alot of server demand just checking what is inside and outside. If you get actors moving between overhead and outside it takes a large draw from the server processing. If this happens look forward to a lot of lag and a whole new assortment of bugs and glitches.

Hey,

thanks for your reply. We are using StraysStayDry which sorta works well also.

BR

Have you attempted testing when/where/how the wet visual (re)applys itself to actors and items/structures?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.