Random Fatal Errors

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PvE
Region: Europe

Friends of mine and me have a private server for almost a year and now some of my friends get random fatal errors and crashes. Sometimes it’s after they put the rope back. Sometimes they run/ride across the map and then they crash. One reinstalled the game completly and get it. I am sure that this issue wasn’t there before the last update but it is still there and it is very frustrating. I hope there is some fix to do.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

You mention ‘putting the rope back’ - are you by any chance running Fashionist mod? Apparently there’s an issue with that right now where displaying the rope at the character’s side is causing crashes - if you change the settings so that the rope will not be displayed, that apparently fixes it. I don’t know if that helps with your problem or not?

We did this, but some of my friends still have crashes and some not. I am one of the lucky guys where this helped. Another did this too but his game crashes now more then before. He is lucky if he can play Conan for about 1 hour without a crash.

As it’s a private server - are you able to remove as many of the mods as possible (without destroying stuff) and try to narrow it down that way? For example, removing Fashionist might destroy work people have put in re-clothing crafters etc, so would be better to keep unless people are willing to redo that work, but there might at least be some you can safely remove. (and with mods like fashionist, it may at least be possible to turn off a lot of features to see if that helps.)

I don’t know if any of this will be useful, but it’s the way I would try to handle it in singleplayer - get the mod list as short as possible without wrecking the save - and see if that helps narrow down where the problem is occurring. Hopefully someone with more useful knowledge may chime in with better suggestions…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.