Random, frequent driver crash error?

When I originally got this game 1 month ago, everything was fine, but then it started to crash… first every so often (i.e. every 2 hours or so) but then literally every 10-20 minutes. Bizarrely, I do NOT have this error on any other game and the issue is entirely, 100% isolated to Conan Unconquered.
Petroglyph Message:
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
Additionally, I’m running pretty beefy graphics card, so I SHOULDN’T be having issues with the graphics. I can run the game at recommended settings.

So what DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVE means is that your GPU has been physically removed, the GPU runs improperly, or it has been turned off.

Judging that you’ve only encounter this issue with one game, there’s a couple of things that could point towards that. I myself have a 3060 and had a similar issue occur with another game so rest assured, I’m not trying to insult GPUs performance, I’m trying to look at this with a technical mindset since you’d like this issue fixed and I fortunately worked at customer support for a game dev once upon a time.

Now, I know this sounds like a broken record if you’re familar with it but here’s some things to generally do whenever an issue like this occurs and it will not hurt to run that checklist.

1. Freshly reinstall the latest GPU Drivers (‘fresh’ means e.g. nvidia drivers to go for ‘custom installation’ and do a complete reinstall of the drivers) this makes sure none of the drivers are corrupt
  2. Update DirectX - That’s fairly simple on Windows 7, 10 and 11, just run the Windows updater and let it install any standing updates
  3. Roll-Back Your Graphics Drivers - Yes, this sounds contradictory but listen, if you’re running a beefy GPU like a 4090, drivers are mostly experimental. It’s a known thing commonly forgotten or ignored, roll your GPU driver back to the last version every time the issue occurs. As mind-numbing as that sounds but that can solve the issue
  4. Check if your Power options aren’t set on anything but full power - My personal favorite in this case, since this is the case even in the nvidia control panel. A nice gesture of Microsoft to keep your power usage low but basically if the GPU needs more resources and therefor more power than available, it’s either the hardware that says ‘no’ or the software and in that case, since your PC didn’t go kaput after that, it’s software-controlled allocation of these resources needed by your GPU.

Now I won’t ask for your dxdiag or msinfo although they’d give a LOT of insight to this issue and would help me offer a better solution, I don’t want to break any forum TOS that I haven’t properly understood so I’ll say this - If you’ve got the technical understanding, this post will help you out.

It is literally a post about said issue. And I know this post you made is ages old but I hope I could help you out should this issue still persist