Recipies (cooking, serpent weapons, Warmaker dungeon recipies, etc) gone after using yellow potion

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE Siptah
Region: Germany
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

I bought the Nemedian DLC and needed to gather stones, wood and iron to be able to build. I used yellow potion to reset attributes and doing so, also my feat points where reset, no big deal sofar.

When i set my featpoints, I noticed that my recipies, the one that had to be found in dungeons and open world, are missing. I tried resetting again, but still, they are gone.

I would like to have those recipies back.

Bug Description:

A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Installed Mods:

If you answered ā€˜Yesā€™ to using mods, please list all your active mods. Otherwise, skip or delete this section.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3
  4. Etc.
1 Like

Do not use the yellow potion ā€¦

Use the Midnight Alchemist potions instead, no problem.

2 Likes

I agree, the yellow potion is made from Lotus. Lotus is a drug. Drugs are bad. Donā€™t use drugs.

I do believe this a has been reported and was supposed to have been fixed though it does not seem to have been successful.

2 Likes

It is ā€œsupposedā€ to be fixed, but do not take any risk and use Midnight Alchemist potions instead.

It will save you hours to get your feats back if the problem is not really fixed.

4 Likes

Would be nice if it isnā€™t needed to constantly work ā€˜aroundā€™ stupid bugs.

To name afew that have grown a long beard by now;

• Knocked thrall falls through the ā€˜floorā€™, run out of render or relog,
  • always store all your items and log out naked, in case your character dies from hunger because the server doesnā€™t notice you logged out,
  • pets and thralls on a pve server happily let themselves being killed when you are offline, because they are passive,
  • rescue thrall if it falls through the floor/building and doing so losing all items that the thrall is using, etc
    the list grows. And now ā€˜do not use yellow potionā€™.

Your advice is usefull and most appreciated, but not for me, I didnā€™t know a new bug was added to the list and I already used it.

I was happy to, after buying the latest dlc, change my insulated house and workshop, into the Nemedian tier 3, which required some materials. That enthusiasm is far gone now.

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for your report. Can you share more information with us?

By any chance did you ever transfer your character between servers?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I indeed transferred my character from 1005 to Siptah, because my friend started to play there and 1005 is nearly unplayable because of 3 clans that fully build the server. I am now on a very social and relaxing server, which runs outstanding.

All worked fine, untill I used yellow potion, because I wanted to try out the latest DLC which is super!

2 Likes

Now on 6014 by the way.

1 Like

nice red blinking sign. Everything is ofc totally fine. There exist absolutely no problems!

(which sort of psychic problems you must have to get this red blinking sign?)

1 Like

Glad it isnā€™t just me. I let a CM know about it. Makes my eyes bleed @_@

3 Likes

sometimes we are on the same side as it seems;)

Wow! Real Hypnofrog kinda deal going on there :laughing:

1 Like

I agree, thatā€™s why I think itā€™s best to do all the drugs before they fall into the wrong hands. Wonā€™t somebody please think of the children!

On topic, I really hope they can get this bug ironed out soon. I thought it had been fixed and even used a yellow lotus and didnā€™t loose any recipes, but clearly itā€™s still going on for a lot of players and I once again got lucky to not have it happen to me

1 Like

I canā€™t test this one myself in this particular case, but my theory (based on this thread), is that itā€™s linked to the server transfer somehow.

Yellow Lotus without transfer = Fine
Transfer = Fine
Transfer + Yellow Lotus = Explosions.

3 Likes

Similarly unable to test the theory, but it certainly could fit - my own experience has been that Iā€™ve been able to test yellow lotus a few times without any problems, but that is without server transfer. If youā€™re right, then hopefully that might help the devs working on it to narrow down the search a bit, maybe.

That would be funny to see your character actually explode leading to the character creation screen. :grin:

2 Likes

I think this is very likely. Iā€™ve never transferred any characters and have only played exile lands.

I personally only bought Siptah for the building pieces although I might try it eventually since the private server Iā€™m with has a Siptah server as well

Edit: if I can find the time soon I could probably make a character just to test it, but thatā€™s a bit more involved and I donā€™t know when Iā€™d be able to get around to it

1 Like

Not fully right.On Siptah yellow lotus potion delete some recipes too.Not all-but i lost hardened steel cages recipe.

1 Like

I assume you mean this happened after the most recent (2.6) patch? Or are you referring to a past issue?

that happen before 2.6 .Not sure how is now-i not use that potion anymore