Regarding God Bubbles after the upcoming patch/dlc

I think they should go back to 24/7 raid times personally. You get offline raided, you return the favor.

2 Likes

Sort of agree. With the new treb mechanic, a clan could get on a server and do some real damage and not have to over commit. I think what happened with PVP officials is they became more PVE than people will admit. The lollipop bases made the raiding on PVP officials a time sink that turned a lot of competitive gamers (ones that wanted to fight melee and not a resource war) off of the game. With the new treb mechanic, it will be possible for clans to put together a 8-10 day and enjoy that part, and not have to time sink into 10000 dragon powder. Believe it or not, their are some that want to fight, not wipe. But currently it is wipe or be wiped. Winner gets the lollipop spots. Now I can log in, grind out my treb resources, treb your base for an hour, then go have a beer and chat with my RL friends. This may push those that have fallen into PVE building on the pvp server to migrate to PVE-C or privates. But that might be a good thing???

1 Like

I have been against raid timers since the beginning, this is a carebear feature if there ever was one.
It will sure be interesting to see how the new trebuchet will fare against bases in real pvp situations.

Im on an official and a private atm. The private has a no offline raid thing or u get banned from server. The official i kinda like cause as long as u cam stall them for the raid time ur set and can rebuild afterwards. Althoughā€¦if like us they have a stockpile of stuff to raid u with it gets annoying sitting up for 6 hrs. The private is keep on death so even though u may lose ur base u can grab ur stuff and just spawn at the bedroll. My storage shed in the volcano area got demolished and i managed to save all my thralls and legendaries. So its a case where its fun to blow ppl up but if u play right you dont lose anything you cant get back in like 1/2 a day

You canā€™t be seriousā€¦ It is so ridiculously easy to build some crap that is never gonna get raided because a) the costs of raiding your cheap black ice shack are so much higher than anything the raider could find inside and b) raidtimes and godbubble make you literally invincible for 24/7

And ur gonna do what once the update comes out and trebs can shoot ridiculously far and can shoot through god bubbles? Also i dont know what server you play on but its very very rare i raid a base and dont find atleast 1/2 the dragonpowder i spent to get, then probably find thralls, purge thralls, legendaries, power fragments, starmetal, and who knows what else. Sure you can farm for most stuff but when u raid a base and most of it is just sittin there for the takingā€¦ On my official server i may not wipe a base cause u can see whats in containers. On the private server everything is locked and you gotta blow EVERYTHING leaving you really no choice but to wipe the base.

A single bomb is worth more than a starter black ice house. Raiding is nothing more than an elaborated form of griefing atm. You gain nothing and thatā€™s also the reason why players in CE take things a lot more personal than in other multiplayer games. You literally just raid to wipe enemies from the server rather and not for the riches in that base.

Yeah, I have to agree on many people here.

You get punished on long term by developers, every good idea they will break that for reasons to make the game more interesting. But the update is for new people to make it easier for them instead finding motivation to learn and dominate the game. Devs want RP gamers to be hardcore gamers.
Bubble pillar bases, I often see mistakes but people are to lazy to investigate and expect devs to do something with their problems and taking away objectives that makes it interesting for hardcore players.

Itā€™s getting worse by every update IMO compared when I started playing this game. I enjoyed this game a lot but Iā€™m afraid of the new updates. ARMOR/THRALL Bug in the previous patch has made me building a new base etc because I got raided at that time and lost all my stuff (still I hate this fact why devs released this update without checking it better), but it is getting better like this, focussing on stuff which is not really important on long term for this game, to bad.

1 Like

dritt, that changes everythingā€¦ I was getting ready to wipe all teh tower bases with ex+gas arrows in one afternoon

It will be interesting to see how far my treb will shoot from my base which is at the height restriction for building.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

Absolutely sure on this? Thatā€™s quite the opposite of what they said in the stream.

You would have to go to the volcano and climb up to see where it stops letting u build

1 Like

"How "to kill PvP aspect in the game ?

1.Nerf Vaults = Kill solo players

2.Make Bubbles useless = Remove latest defence for small tribes

3.Wait when cheaters who have ton of duped explosives/arrows pulverise your base and wipe your server.

Serieusly devs are you plaing in PvP on your officials servers ?

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles?features[2e07a072-d6f7-11e7-8461-37eb13761826]=true&sort=-players&countries=DE%2CGB

Probably no :frowning:

If the treb has any height to it i doubt it will matter

------->

2 Likes

I really like the idea of a archer tower that has itā€™s own agro system with much greater range than a thrall. Maybe also a scout tower where u can place a fighter and it will blow a horn when enemy players are withing x range of your base. There is a lot of cool possibilities with these towers, great suggestion.

2 Likes

Well you have a raidtimer. You can repair, you can destroy their trebuchets and on the other side aiming with this big range is no easy thing to do.

That is very ignorantā€¦ I knew the game before God bubbles came and before vaults were made so cheap that people used them as trashbins all over the map. I assure you it was the opposite - players were way more engaged in PvP and less in grinding up materials. As well as builds were planned better - you wouldnā€™t just spam the map with PvE houses for decorum.

Thatā€™s harsh. Weā€™re each entitled to an opinion, and for @Snake to say that, Iā€™d expect he joined our rag-tag group sometime right before Official Launch. I do agree otherwise with what you say.

I believe PvP died when clean players realized they donā€™t have a chance against exploiters. Not with a bang but a shrug.