Render bug caused altar to deconstruct?

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online private)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug | Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP ]
Region: [EU]

Saw standing altar - came close to it - it disapeared and loot bag appeared
(There were two altars in close proximity of each ther (like 30 meters from each other)
one was T3 derketo - it droped it self, some derketo stuff and 300 zeals (was unable to pick up those zeals) - my religion is derketo

other was T3 Ymir - also droped bag - there was one empty slot like there supposed to be altar, some items and 230 zeals

Sadly I don’t have video or pictures showing this. I tried to get it at least from log but there was nothing in log - not even that I picked that stuff from that lootbag

Dunno if it was decay… but if it was… was it supposed to drop altar it self?

No mods present on server

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. saw standing altar
  2. aproached it
  3. it disapeared and droped bag
  4. profit

Sounds like decay. Were you the owner of these altars? If so, take a look at your event log and it should show you what happened.

If not, you probably approached them after they went into full decay. Once a placeable reaches decay status, there is a 24 hour window (depending on server settings, this could be higher in some cases) in which it will still be there, but any player can walk up to it and destroy it. After these 24 hours are up, simply walking into render distance will cause it to “poof” and drop loot bags (if there was any loot to be had).

If the altars weren’t placed on foundations, it’s likely their decay time wasn’t very high. You can use a repair hammer to check decay times. With the larger placeables (wheel, animal pens, map rooms, altars) it’s highly recommended that you place on foundations to avoid a very low decay time.

You aren’t supposed to be able to pick up zeal. So that part is working correctly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.