Rescue gear loss exception

Sometimes, through no fault of our own, thralls decide to bury themselves inside foundations or other objects where they ought not be. If we are particularly unlucky, they manage to bury themselves too deep to grab them and uproot them like the weeds that they are and put them back topside where they belong.

Rescuing them is an option, but a potentially very costly one if the thrall was well-equipped. Obviously, the gear loss penalty exists to prevent abusing the system, so just removing it wouldn’t be ideal.

So what I propose is if you are very close to the thrall (perhaps within 10 meters, maybe even less), they can keep all of their inventory when rescued.

Since inventory should just drop straight down onto the ground when rescued anyway, for a thrall who isn’t stuck underground, this shouldn’t make much difference for the well-behaved ones.

Maybe this could still be abused and I am not enough of a cheater to think of a way, but it seems to me that the only reason to rescue a thrall you are practically standing on top of would be if they have decided they prefer the subterranean lifestyle over breathing the same air as the rest of us.

4 Likes

Maybe only once after a 30 days security interval… for additional anti-abuse.

This could be abused by someone sending out thralls to fight then calling them back into a building when low. A 30 day timer could be a bit excessive though lol.

If the thralls get damaged, they can’t be rescued in the next 5 or 10 minutes anyway

2 Likes

I have (or had actually, got raided yesterday) a volcano base in a little crack north of well of skelos. Five floors, not much room but loot on the level of an alpha clan. Some fighters and two dancers. We eventually noticed that one dancer was missing and rescued him. Eventually the other dancer was gone. I decided to go and look for him. I used the emote cancelling thing to look through the walls and eventually found him, about 10 or 20 meters away from the base, inside the mesh. He’s fully geared so I didn’t rescue him yet.

Indeed. I currently have three entertainers who have converted to the mole lifestyle. I should not need to wait three months to drag them back to the surface.

Countering abuse is one thing, making such a feature completely useless in the process is not needed.

1 Like

At the very least, it would be nice to have a server option to allow rescue with gear so that server admins could enable it selectively from the Server Settings menu as-needed. While I can usually rescue such thralls by using Pippi to place myself in the affected clan’s ranks, it’s 1) a pain in the rear, and 2) not a viable solution for admins of console servers, or those who don’t run that mod.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.