Restore decay timer back to one week for pve/pve-c on PC

I have been playing Conan Exiles on the same official pve-c server for over a year now. In that time i have seen all types of players come and go, players that block world boss spawns, vital resources, obelisks or passage ways, players that spam thousands of sandstone foundations across huge chunks of the map, players that surround other players bases with walls, etc etc.

Despite this, there was always one saving grace, the week decay timer. Without fail after a few weeks or so, these obstructions would be gone and space for new players would open up.

Since the decay timer increased i have noticed that these builds are lasting longer and longer, to the point I’m beginning to doubt they will ever be gone. To add to this, the amount of people actually actively playing on the server is getting lower and lower.

If i were a new player starting out, i wouldn’t want to play on a ghost town of a server covered in spam by players that are never even online.

Unfortunately it seems to me, that having to only login for a few minutes once every 2 weeks is to lenient and is discouraging people from actually playing the game.

I know having a build decay can be frustrating, i have had my share of bases decay. But in my experience starting fresh breathes new life into the game and has increased the amount of time and enjoyment i have got out of the game.

tl/dr: In my opinion the two week decay timer is too long, the old one week decay timer helped keep trolls away and the server population fresh and active

1 Like

I have 2 week vacation from work… why should I be forced in game during this period??? No what they do at least for August is done due to popular demand and is nice, as provides a break from game… be a bit patient… in the end of August / start of December(meant September!!!sry for the mistake), the whole decay timmer will revert in 168 hrs again

Unless I’m mistaken it was done for July, and has carried over into August. Don’t get me wrong i approve of the increase for common holiday time periods. But i think its too long to be permanent. And everyone all over the world has vacations at different times for different durations.

I wish there was an additional solution, maybe something that can be crafted a few times a year that increases your decay for a period. Though I’m sure there would be a lot of problems implementing such a thing…

1 Like

I am on your side on what u say… I also find the 1 week a fantastic period… but there r times when its not enough!!!as I said they did it after popular demand for August and that is great!!! I edited my 1st post, as I wrote start od December instead of September!!! And I do not get you wrong !!! I understand what you say!!! I personally have been frustrated with various builds someone builds in single blocking an entire area (lets say savanah) and then believing he can do the same online ignoring the rest of playerbase… so yeah for me once per week should not be changed

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.