Reticle HUD: A combat UI overhaul

The reason I’d like to be able to turn off HPs is because I like to see the active buffs, and don’t want to have two gauges for the same thing. Thanks for the heads up on v1!

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. A lot of people use “Effects UI” mod to handle buffs, so I was under the impression people would hide the default health meter, or just live with leaving the default health meter at the bottom of the screen. But I do agree it’s not ideal.

1 Like

A cooldown watcher was something I originally thought about too. The idea I had was to have an arc or row of small, circular pie gauges representing the abilities on your ability bar. But I tried placing eight circles in an arc below the mod’s existing UI, and it just doesn’t look good. So the feature is probably going to require a lot more thought.

For cooldowns what about using an ‘LED’ type graphic only with on/off states, and labeled with the key binding?

AS2 Scaleform-Gfx/CLIK files (29.9MB zip)

Oh nice. Thanks for the files. These are from UDK 3, I assume?

I’ll still need to try out an idea I had, to see if it’s possible to utilize the components without needing to compile the entire project using an old version of the Adobe Flash editor. I’ll try to carve out some time to look into it soon.

1 Like

Yes, it took a lot of digging but I found a copy! Anything Flash pre-CC should work, right?

I’m not certain if it’s every version before Flash CC. Ideally, I’d like to avoid needing to use the Adobe Flash editor.

Are you using FlashDevelop?

Yes, I’m using FlashDevelop. Trying to keep the entire project as legit open-source.

1 Like

My own feeling is simple on/off states might not be adequate. Some weapons need to save up energy for a burst phase where they use all their cooldowns, so it might be important to know exactly how many seconds are remaining, for planning energy usage. Will need to discuss further with @RoseQuix.

Eight? Am I missing one?

Oh, I was counting the potion too!

Version 2.2.0 has been released, and contains the following changes…

• Changed meter style
  • Changed nametag, callout, and rangefinder style
  • Changed target’s health meter to have markers at 75%, 50%, and 25%
  • Fixed target’s health meter sometimes reset to full after death
  • Fixed non-basic Latin characters displaying as tofu

Version 2.3.0 has been released, and contains the following changes…

• Added sticky targeting
  • Added support for “Show target nametag distance” setting
  • Fixed meters sometimes not showing while in combat
  • Fixed nametag color incorrect for passive targets

Version 2.3.1 has been released, and contains the following changes…

• Fixed sticky targeting sometimes persisting after target becomes invalid