Rework pvp mechanics and balancing

You’re probably not going to like any of my answers, but…

Just going to shut this idea down right now, this won’t be happening. Conan Exiles developers specifically designed the game to have a lot of freedom in building. I can say with almost 100% certainty that forcing these kinds of restrictions is never going to happen.

Reading your description, it sounds like you want them to add more blocking zones to places like entrances to dungeons, around map warp locations, etc. Problem is, it’s already been done. You can move those building restrictions further out, but players will still just build further out and block them anyways. At this point, pushing out the building restriction boundaries would simply do more harm then good, since people have been playing with the existing restriction zones for some time now. Creating new blocking zones to established base locations wouldn’t go well with many people in the community.

Funcom will probably always look to ways they can improve the combat system But “slowing” combat down, which I assume you mean making combat itself actually slower, won’t be one of them. There will be more mechanics in terms of players running away, but we don’t know what yet. This was very briefly discussed in the latest development stream.

Mounts are not being worked on and there are no current plans for mounts.

Sure why not.

Would love having traps, even in PvE to combat the Purge.

New biomes aren’t coming, further map expansion will likely not be happening. There will be more dungeons being added to the map, along with other changes to help flesh out the map further, but new biomes or new pieces of land won’t be added.

Sorcery is “on ice.” When Funcom has news about Sorcery, they will let us know.

The map news, mount news, and sorcery news are not “new” information. This has been repeatedly said by Funcom. The latest of which was in the last stream, which I wrote a summary for here.

Ultimately though, almost all of your ideas are better suited for a Private PvP server that is better equipped to handle the very strict rules you ask for.

2 Likes