Rocknoses should just be called The Cockroaches of Conan (change my mind šŸ˜‚)

Title says all, so numerous, so annoying, always in hard to get places :joy:
Holy hell i think rocknoses are the pre evolution of cockroaches!!!

But holy do i ever hate Rocknoses, more then i hate pelicans (annoying squeak and annoying beak snapping sound)

Just wanna see who agrees Rocknoses are pretty much cockroaches :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

The Rocknoses are the worst and most annoying enemies in Conan, so yeah I agree :'D

They smell of rock
They are loud as hell
They make you jump flinch and knock down stagger swagger because they stand way too close in combat
They drop stone (almost always)
They have friends nearby

Although anytime I kill one its like yay revenge is mine ** and then I harvest them, get stones and throw them away.

1 Like

Itā€™s like the folks who directly develop said npc donā€™t experience that npc as a player to see how their new npc functions or works in the actual game worldā€¦ā€¦some feel like they got slapped onto the map with no test

A good example of my real actual hatred for enemyā€™s and bs mechanics is npcs like werewolves, every attack is a knockdown with bleed, and after knockdown even if you roll your then froze for a 1.5 second.

Did who ever make werewolves ever run the actual dungeon with them?
Probably not as theyā€™d probably stop halfway thru and thinkā€¦ā€why did i do this to the players this is bsā€

No enemy should be able to knockdown spam kill you with almost no way out

Kind of yeah, Isle of Siptah is the worst offender, it feels a bit like the Rocknose spawns are auto generated xD

Rocknoses are indeed annoying, but not as annoying as hyenas.

Rocknoses might be cockroaches, but hyenas are mosquitoes.

If Jhebbal Sag had repellents rather than lures, his religion would be one of the best.

1 Like

I like to emulate rocknoses on discord and the forumsā€¦ pop up, make a noise and disappear.

4 Likes

Sandstormex with monsters enabled can give you a surprise with sandbeasts. Also pve+ ambush has a similar surprise factor.

I have an extreme hatred of hyenas so I have to completely agree with you.

As for the rocknose, I liked the way they used to look more than the way the look now. :woman_shrugging:

I kinda wish the new look was siptah only tbh

New version of them is abit better. I find myself stuck inside them time to time.

1st time I came up hill and saw themā€¦I was like WTFā€¦ WHY!
But there abit better.

Hyenaā€™s isā€¦more of hate, they magically dodge my 1st attack alot. Get free hits over and over.
Snakes are on same list toā€¦ running attack tends whiff them.

Oh yeah, hyenas used to do that to me all the time - I think itā€™s the timing on their run in, they stop to leap at you just outside swing range - at least thatā€™s what always seemed to happen to me. I found a new tactic against them thatā€™s working lovely - while they charge at me, I just slowly walk sideways - they then miss their jump attack and I can get in several attacks before they recover. It even works against groups of them, you just keep moving sideways until the last one has done itā€™s leap attack. Sometimes, if you feel youā€™re moving too slow, it might be necessary to throw in a sideways roll, but mostly just starting walking sideways when you see them running at you is enough.

I have no solution to snakes though - I canā€™t even figure out what angle theyā€™re about to attack me from, lol.

Snakes so far, is attack ground in front of me itill they waltz into it.

If they would fix lock-onā€¦ snakes wouldnt be that bad. It just auto-cancels instantly every time I try. T_T

nothing like trying hit a snake(or any enemy) as it chases your horseā€¦ never enough distance to get run attackā€¦ never fast enough attacks to hit them before they wiggle out of range chasing horse. XD

1 Like

Oh god yeah - I always imagine the Benny Hill chase music when thatā€™s going on :rofl:

I love rocknoses. I always have, but like the new versions better. I get plenty of iron from the iron ones, gold from the gold ones and so on. I love the new look, and really LOVE the corrupted ones! They look awesome, and give great loot! I just wish we could get trophy heads from them.

1 Like

Corrupted rocknoses arenā€™t new though. The rocknose update only changed their appearance.

They have stupid amount of different resources. When did they look changed?

Because Iā€™m on version 2.4, but waaay before that, when they added those chubby rocknoses, I got problems with them since their introduction: they donā€™t move, just slide around, and donā€™t attack at all.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.