Sacrificial Stone Semi-Automation

The animation when using the Sacrificial Stone is cool. It really is. The first 10 times you use it. After the 50th time it’s annoying and now over 2000 slit throughs in it’s tedious as all hell. I propose putting the sorcerer thralls to work. Make it so they can do the blood sacrifice ritual for you. Even if it takes them a little bit longer (like idk 10%) to do it on their own. That or make a way to do a mass sacrifice or hell even do both.

To be clear I am in no way suggesting we remove the animation. Just adding some way to make it less tedious.

13 Likes

Disagree with the making it longer part…
It’s long enough… lol

Well from RP perspective each ACT of those sacrifices must hurt us too… consequences of evil dark path! Booo!

anyway i get your point… maybe thrall sorcerers is the solution…

2 Likes

I’d be happy if they just removed that final period that feels off…
The animation completes and your character already put down the dagger and you can even move… but then you have to wait like 5 more seconds for you to get your “corruption punishment”…

That portion of the process simply feels off… even though I already learned that it’s happening, I always try to move and interact with the bench during that time naturally and always get disappointed that I can’t.

So imo once the animation finishes, the whole process should be done… corruption penalty and everything and not have us stand there for 5 more seconds.

2 Likes

I like it the way it is. No need to change. And I do farm blood.

Anyway, there are far bigger and more annoying issues in the game to fix, Im sure we can agree on that.

2 Likes

It doesn’t need drastic change. Sacrificing unique thralls could give more blood, T4 sorcerer thrall +1 extra blood.

1 Like

I think it needs to stay as is. Power comes with sacrifice and if you are numb to the whole human sacrifice aspect (which was a really difficult thing for my wife when she watched me play…“What is that? What are you doing? NO!”) then the time sink in that animation should suffice.

4 Likes

Sacrifices carry a ceremonious weight behind them. If you’re not patient enough for that process, maybe sorcery isn’t for you. It’s designed intentionally to be slow

4 Likes

That part was before I set up a people bottling facility at the back of Sepermeru :joy:
With Better Thralls can have multiple thralls and horses also dragging people so I can bring at least 6 of them knocked out to the stone in one go and then just do them in a row :smiley: - hence why I noticed that the animation doesn’t last as long as the “ritual” in the stone so essentially it’s a “bug” that they’re not entirely synced.

1 Like

I did my stone next to Spinebreakers flank. The NPCs are wet noodles and theres like a dozen of them less than 100 meters away.

For me working as intended. I’m fine with the animations and I’m fine with the immersion that they bring with them. If you want to snap your fingers and get the stuff without watching the animation, play in creative mode.

I hear you and submit the following. A blood mage with thousands of of gallons of spilled blood under his/her belt would most definitely become numb the the plight of their victims.

It’s not a matter of patients. It’s a matter of mind numbing monotony. Note the idea of a mass ritual. It’s not a far fetched idea that an experienced sorcerer would want to make things more efficient by time and/or resources.

Wanting a more realistic way to sacrifice people on mass isn’t “want to snap fingers and get the stuff”. It’s wanting a more realistic way to sacrifice people on mass.

1 Like

Now that’s interesting idea. The level of corruption dictates the speed of the ritual. The more corrupt, the shorter the time period

1 Like

On a personal level, this one prefers it as is.
Dark power requires sacrifice. In this case, the Player’s time and the Character’s ability to act.

It is miserable and repetitive to farm.
As it should be, a wretched process for a wretched act.

However…
An admin toggle to remove that may be utile.

1 Like

An interesting thought.

Yeah I’m going to have to go with the ‘it’s fine’ sentiment on this one. It should be dark, gritty and unpleasant - we as players are thoroughly desensitized to mass murder already, so the only way to give it some weight is to make it cost our most precious resource: time.

2 Likes

I don’t care about the length, I just want it to match the animation… cuz it’s annoying the hell out of me :smiley:
If they want me to stand there and to the Titanic with the knife for half an hour to get a few drops of blood then fair enough… but once I put the darn knife down and the animation finishes I want the ritual to be over and not get error messages like “A ritual is still in progress” upon trying to interact with the bench… when I KNOW I was the one doing the darn ritual and I know it’s done… :smiley:

You get what I mean now? :smiley:

2 Likes

Sacrificial blood is very powerful for what its used for. I find it okay if the tradeoff is mind numbing monotony.

Mind-numbing monotony is good bottleneck that prevents that not everyone has infinite lightning storm for example. Or corpse summons.

I find it very disagreeable that modern players and people just assume to get everything for free, straight away.

3 Likes

Sure, I can understand that - that said, I don’t know if there’s any rule that says a ritual ends when you can move again :smiley:
Ah, just gaslighting really - can’t say I’ve automated it to the point mentioned here (I do have a murderslaughtersacrifice facility just outside Sepermeru tho), but I’ll take your word for it there’s a mismatch between animation length and ritual duration.

You are drastically off base.

My suggestion doesn’t make it less gritty or unpleasant. It’s a logical step.