Sandstone set 1

I am interested in the stairs and the 2x1 gate and have some questions

The gate…
1.Is it realy 2x1?
2. Can I put doors in it?

Just like this… But here I need to be creative. And not in every situation its possible.

So if inventory places seems not to be only cosmetics I think it could be the same with this here. I mean I am not able to do something like this with normal content. A door in the middle of a 2 foundation sized floor.

Stairs:

Currently i am not able to make a functional staircase in size of 1 ceiling.

That don’t work you need to crouch to use it.

With the new staircase i have an idea:
Just imagine that 2x2 is just 1 in length and height.

Is that only cosmetic?

Don’t want cry that it’s p2w because I am only playing offline or pvec but if FC decided after a week that a bigger storage can not have more inventory slots than the small vanilla chests than i see here the next changes coming. Or FC is not consequent in its ‘it only cosmetic’ politics

6 Likes

I bought it…

1. Yes it’s 2x1
  2. I can not place a door… Its just a gate. But I like it. It gives me stability without putting stable frames in the middle of my balcony.
    Like this one… Because I need the stability.

Stairs… That is working and I love this stairs. I can build staircases with smaller footprints.

I hope in future some t3 versions will come with this

5 Likes

And I can build a cool staircase where I can access my half foundation size floors now too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love the designed of these sandstone sets but haven’t purchased any because I don’t build in sandstone. IMHO, I would pay easily $15 for each set to get a “pass” for all of these designs in all of the build sets as the get released into the bazaar (like how the year 1/ year 2 /complete passes were)

4 Likes

Same. I like the how the sets are designed… I just hate sandstone…never build with it. I normally build in t3 and the occasional t2 depending on design. Turn the sandstone into blackice or even aquilonain… I’d be all over it.
Passed on these bazaar items. ( I passed as well as the new wall and floor paint. Meh.)

3 Likes

I would buy if t3 just for the stairs haha!

3 Likes

I believe we will be checking out the Bazaar now. Crom Coins willing.

Seriously I don’t understand why it’s sandstone…
Someone must have researched what the most used style is.
What is built by most, is also bought by most.

maybe there will never be a t3 set because of the ‘only cosmetics’ reason?

1 Like

This sandstone set the bazzar had, both 1 and 2 made me crazy in love with the sandstone build again. A bit the smoking chimneys, a bit the arched frame blow my mind. All the pieces are awesome, unique, useful, all of them. I hope the next move will be to give the same love in tier 2 building pieces too and if possible the vaulted ceiling set on sandstone set 3 please :wink:.

2 Likes

There have been many requests over the years for expanded T1 and T2 options. If people like these designs, I would imagine some T3 versions are going to be bringing up the rear…

3 Likes

That’s right but it could be a complete new t1 style in my opinion. Something made from wood planks like the insulated t2.

2 Likes

bougth it, it is cool, sad we cant put door on the double frame, and that is only sand stone, the stairs is a great idea as well. Would like to buy some t2, t3 pieces like those one, specially in arena tiles.

2 Likes

It looks like it could be useful even if you only build in t3 (at least for pvp anyway). Imagine a compact staircase that is destroyed before the door adding extra time to any raid. It could also be good for under meshers as they often appear at be in small claustrophobic holes as they hide from pvp’ers

1 Like

As mentioned above, the “gate” isn’t a gate, just an open wall, but very useful for stability purposes.
The stairs do not remove the need to crouch or leave open space when ascending, but are otherwise nifty. If one wants stairs that go up but turn 90°, that they can do without requiring a third square slot. They do suffer from very limited snapping points tho.

This one is especially annoyed about this set because there are neither rough timber wedge foundations nor rough timber wedge roof pieces.
Nor is there a flat thatched wedge roof.
So extremely, annoyingly, incomplete.
They aren’t even in the panel indicating they are developed but not available for sale yet.

This one likes much of what is offered for the rough timber expansion (despite it being stuck at tier 1). However, leaving out basic elements like wedge foundations and roofs is so extremely annoying and devalues the entire batch as it becomes impossible to create many builds in a concordant manner.

2 Likes

I bought both of the sets and I have the pieces. Maybe you experience (another) a bug.
Later on I will send you a photo with what I got, and if you don’t have the same we need to report it.

1 Like

This one would be very happy to be wrong.
Gratitude.

Edit: To clarify, the specific pieces this one is tearing at their beard over the absence of would be:
Rough Timber Wedge
Rough Timber Wedge Foundation
Flat Thatch Wedge

2 Likes

That’ll be another 1000 crom coins for the “Sandstone Set 3” which only includes Rough Timber Wedge, Rough Timber Wedge Foundation and Flat Thatch Wedge.

At the very least that would mean they had made said asset.
However… even assets one has not purchased entitlement to use show up in the admin panel, ect… They cannot be spawned, but they exist.
These, do not seem to do so. Altho this one does hope someone can demonstrate otherwise and that this is a bug.

Hope.

1 Like

Maybe @Elth is right, there’s a total line empty.

I really hope I am not right, but I am very jaded when it comes to item stores and expected the worst when it was announced. This merely confirms my original suspicions that we will be trickle fed content at 10x the price of what we used to pay.

3 Likes