Sandstorm issues as of the January 30, 2020 update - summary thread

Platform: Any
Game mode: Online Official / Online Private (no reports on single-player)
Type of issue: Bug / Glitch
Server type: PvE (no reports on PvP)
Region: Any (no reports outside of NA)
Mods: No

This is a summary post. This issue is being looked into.(a)

This concerns any issues with the sandstorm as of the January 30, 2020 update:

• the texture seems to broken (partially missing or displaced)(1), (2), (3) and
  • you do not take any damage.(4), (5), (6), (7)

Note, part of this issue may have existed long before the patch:

[
] when there are actual sandstorms after this happens, the client won’t show the effects, but will damage you (this, however, is an old bug that has existed since launch, so I’ll mention it but don’t know if the two are related).(8)

These issues may be related to changes in the following assets:(b)

Environment\Sandstorm\BP_SandStorm.uasset
Environment\Sandstorm\BP_Sandstorm_Sky_Fade.uasset
Systems\Buffs\Sandstorm\BP_AC_SandStorm_Damage.uasset

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Wait for a sandstorm (or) on relog or server restart (8)
  2. A sandstorm will appear almost immediately and will frequently re-appear. The texture may be broken and you might take no damage when you’re in its area of effect (there is no sandstorm effect, these may be ghost sandstorms)

Or,

1. Wait for a sandstorm
  2. There might appear to be a sandstorm past the desert, but it does not move.(9)
    (this could be one of the first category which has made its ‘exit’)
4 Likes

Confirmed - we are seeing this on a private dedicated server with vanilla install (no mods).

It is also happening after (fixed) mods are added to the server.

1 Like

Don’t expect a bug to be fixed by adding a mod, unless a mod explicitly says it does. :wink:

I think he’s talking about the mods he’s using being updated with the latest devkit, not a mod that specifically is intended to fix the sandstorms (although there is a mod for PC that’s intended to improve the sandstorms). Whatever the case, it’s definitely an issue with the base game, not a conflict with any mods out there.

Hey there,

We’ve poked our team about these issues. They’ll look into it.

1 Like

Its an old bug and there is a mod which fixes it named SandstormFix by Multigun/Hades, of course and unfortunately only for pc.

@TwoJay The current issues are a bit different than the one we used to have before the patch (invisible sandstorm). I am not sure whether Multigun/Hades’ mod fixes the problems introduced by the latest patch. Can you confirm if so, it would be good to know?

1 Like

I only can say: since we have the Mod sandstormFix , which also was updated a few days ago, we don’t have any issues with the storm.

3 Likes

During sandstorm I am see bright circle in middle of screen.Have been in many sandstorms and this is not the norm, have been seeing since last patch.

1. Enter sandstorm
  2. Screen goes extremely bright in middle circle area, unable to see anything.
  3. Sandstorm passes and bright circle goes away.
1 Like

During my experiments with AntiAliasing I have found the sandstorm’s walls and particles look completely different with in-game AntiAliasing turned OFF. This doesn’t fix the excess bloom, which is the problem once you’re inside the storm. With AA off, the walls look really textured and interesting, while with AA on, they look muddy, flat and over-exposed.

The same issue on PS4, online PvP, PvE and PvE-C servers, official and private.
Singleplayer is not affected.

Hey y’all,

Quick update: Our team confirmed the issue and it’s being worked on at the moment.

2 Likes

Mahlana (»Š«- -»Š« Mahlana »Š«- -»Š«#3397) posted a screenshot on discord for the “sandstorm past the desert” issue:

1 Like

Gotta say, it’s quite spectacular to look at though.
[PS4, from a clanmate - location unconfirmed]

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.