Sandstorms aren't working

Game mode: [Single-player)]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [My house]

[Describe the bug here]

I haven’t had a single sandstorm in 4 weeks and about 100 hours in 3 different games
They are checked on game settings.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start a new single game
  2. Watch how sandstorms never happen

Which map are you playing?

Base map, I don’t have any dlc

Harder to confirm but pretty sure that there is no meteors shower either.

It’s not a bug, it’s just the fact you are in single player and the timing of the storms is random. You end your single player session, that timer starts all over again. Want to make them happen more often? Use a mod.

As for the meteor showers, also because you are in single player. They won’t spawn if you aren’t in render range. So you can either

1. Use Pippi to admin spawn a meteor shower in

2. Stand around and wait in the snow

3. Admin disable eating food, and slomo 100 in the CMD until a storm comes

4. Set up a dedicated server using the free launcher, run it off your PC, and have a more “server like” experience.

Personally, I recommend number 4.

2 Likes

I know how it works, I’ve been playing since the game was published on steam.
Currently I have more than 150 hours without seeing none of them and nothing like that happened in the 20/30 single games I’ve started before.

Alright so I went in to do some testing for both Sandstroms and Meteors. Under slomo 100 conditions, I was able to get both to show up. Meteors were about the average time that I’ve tested in the past.

Sandstorm took a really long time though. I let the game run for about 20 minutes on slomo 100 conditions and I did see several sandstorms, but man did it feel like a long time. I’ll see if I can remember where that is set in the dev kit and adjust my reporting from there.

Edit:

The sandstorm is set to spawn between 3600 seconds (60 minutes) and 10800 seconds (180 minutes).

Which based on my previous testing, sounds about right. I think it just felt extra long because I’m used to SandstormEx (which I help develop).

So at this point, I cannot confirm the reported bug.

Sandstorms seem to happen less. I have a base at the sentinels and my first one occured at day 8 (I was level 53ish, I play ~2 hours a day), and no sandstorm since then.
SandstormEx helps and SnowstormEx is a great addition! :grin:

I remember trying to get this journey step in single player.

I put all my gear in chests. Then put a bed roll just outside Sepermeru, made sure I spawned at it by default, and then went AFK for a few hours.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.