Sandstorms under water and in the silver mine

I placw them everywhere with 0 effort now. Its true they like to be on a level surface for the most part but I get full cover from the big tents and almost 3 quarters cover or more from the small ones.

The awnings dont work.

But I use them until I can get a mask and they offer the shelter buff

I have not tested them alone in the North but I know if I set them up north and then put a fire under them that I will stay warm.

1 Like

Interesting, I may have to try this the next time I reset one of my characters. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

As long as I roll around with 40 or more points in vitality I just heal through it so not as big of a deal anymore XD

This, It use to go really far north, and cover most of desert. Now its small path and kinda boring

Also, someone somewhere changed how standing next to mountain works. You use to beable run to rocks, walls, ledges
 and find shelter and pray to what ever god you had going you didnt get found out by anyone.

Now
 just gotta run and get angry that half objects that gave shelter
no longer give anything.
Its frustrating.
It made sense a few caves did, as wind does blow in. XD

In Single player I tend to pop admin panel, hit god mode cause the game just wont let you find shelter and hide properly.

1 Like

Who the fck is hunting players inside a sandstorm? Lol, I need that video!!

please keep sandstorms in the game, I only wish that sandmasks would degrade when used (just like everything else, i.e. torches, weapons, etc) and that animals get damage in sandstorms and attack players as it was before

I find that sandstorm masks do degrade over time when worn, similar to all armour items - it’s slow not as fast as tools or weapons. But then I often forget I’m wearing it and have it on for hours and not just during sandstorms.

Then it must be sooooo slow decay that I do not notice it :slight_smile:. It should last a couple of sandstorms max IMHO.

Is it possible to have a hidden object that is placed in caves and areas to provide full shelter to prevent the sandstorm effect from triggering for the devs? Such as in this dome area, sandstorm effect is set to false.

It’s steel vs sand

That would make sense and would have made even more sense to have removed all the things in the game that haven’t worked properly in early access until proper tested fixes could be produced.
The inside of structures and everything in them still looks wet and has since early access during rain. If Funcom hasn’t gotten a handle on exclusion zones for rain in all this time, I don’t see them working it out for sandstorms.
The big question for removing such a system from the game at this point would be, what’s removing it going to break? And I’m sure such an undertaking would break something. There hasn’t been a patch put out yet that hasn’t.

Considering Shelter been nerfed (or just broken across map) and sandstorm has had its area of murder reduce to small area.

I think most of its Dev time verus other issues that need more work. I can live with wet objects around map.

Putting non-sandstorm bubble seem like a good fix for caves. Or changing its path to go over. Which is what I think they did one time, as few caves were safe. But above the cave had abit of easy hide areas. So they lower trajectory
which in turn made part of cave hit.

Which honestly didnt bother me, wind blows thru caves all times. (and pulls air out as it blows past) yays science!

I liked game when sand storm had really far reach, BUT, Shelter along many of cliff sides and random rocks WORKED. The need for sandmask wasnt a “must” Just a QoL thing.

Its pretty much needed now, or popping god mode cause it near impossible to find shelter. =/

It’ll get balanced I think one day
 or they’ll find a way to make areas immune, and add more of that around map.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.