September updates

Dear Devs;
in the last stream you mentioned several updates (not only patches) which will be released in September.

In view of the upcoming updates, we plan to renew the contents of our server. Of course, this also includes the use of mods.
I am aware that you do not want to discuss the contents of these updates with the community until the end of the month, but I would like to ask you at least to mention the topics that these updates will have. There are enough to choose from, such as the Thrall/Pets update including AI-improvement or the siege/pvp update ā€¦ I myself am concerned in the further edition of our server to planning security. So my request - what topics will include the September updates? :pray:

5 Likes

ā€œI do wonder how theyā€™re going to deal with flood damage, you know if the river rises up,ā€ Jens Erik said, lifting his hands like he was holding a very wide, hot pizza.

I leave this here without comment, my friend. :smiley:

2 Likes

I missed that part. Iā€™m sorry itā€™s giving you a visceral reaction like that.

This reminds me so much of the scene from Austin Powers ā€œweā€™re not so different, me and youā€ that Iā€™m frankly shocked @WhatMightHaveBeen hasnā€™t already posted it after my pleadings of late. :smiley:

Itā€™s the love for the game that should bring you back. That PvP is of interest now is a sign of the times; people always seem to want the most extreme experience.

For me, it is that delectable moment where you encounter another solo, or a duo from a clan and you each square off. You can get this elsewhere, but in PvP you know that what you do from that moment forward is irrevocable. Iā€™m simply sharing, because you have been so patient with my kind. Please play on.

Shadoza, while I understand your insatisfaction, Iā€™m yet to see that statement or video that you say exist about this game being firstly developed to not have PvP mode, while I believe 100% that it was designed to be entirely PvP.

I donā€™t mind existing PvE mode or singleplayer, I really donā€™t, the most options to attract more players the better, but I donā€™t think its fair from you to say that you are upset because theyā€™re focusing more on PvP aspect, because while you would prefer to be more PvE, yet a lot of people do like PvP too, what I am saying is, there is TONS of medieval games with only PvE mode, even more being only singleplayer, I canā€™t count with both hands and both feets how many games there are in those modes, but online PvP games? Decent ones, there are only a few, and Conan Exiles is one (if not the only) sandbox game that offers a satisfactory sense of freedom and action combat.

Can we please have at least a game based on Conan theme being strong in PvP aspect? Does it hurt too much for FC have the choice to make Conan Exiles more focused on PvP when there are plenty of Coop/Single player games out there?

3 Likes

FunCom have, I suspect, learned the hard way not to state exactly what was coming out: players have made their lives hell by listing point by point what is/was/should be/was dreamed of, in releases :slight_smile:
Strategically, there is no way FC can ever cater to all mods, and no guarantee that Modders will even make the changes.

PvP vs PvE? Well, I do PvE and it does seem the game is mainly PvP, but thatā€™s what it was from the beginning those years back. PvE, etc was added afterwards. The fact that FC are releasing DLC, running build competitions, and occasionally doing streams showcasing some mods that are more PvE focused, shows that PvE has not been forgotten. Also, the majority of players are PvP (on private servers) not PvE. Also, Conan Exiles is for the Conan genre. If you read the Conan books you will see that PvE was not Conanā€™s core focusā€¦ :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

The books are more like CvE. Or CwE, maybe. As in, Conan Wrecks Everything.

4 Likes

Can the next contest be gambling on how each thread will somehow become more ā€˜PvE vs PvPā€™? Bonus points if you can forecast the poster? :roll_eyes:

Iā€™d love to see an update that included some AI and pet improvements. A crossover update with devs from Wildcard. Then we can benefit from Arkā€™s superior animal mechanics, and Ark could benefit from Conanā€™s superior building mechanics. Fix two cancer aspects of otherwise decent games.

2 Likes

You donā€™t remember that Conan story where he builds big houses and plays Sims decorator and slave dress up for hours on end? :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

ā€¦you mean the entirety of his time as King of Aquilonia?

2 Likes

I was joking, but even his time as king was focused on how he missed fighting, didnā€™t like the royal life, hated administering and running the kingdom/city, and instead spent most of his time avoiding king things. Itā€™s been a while, but I donā€™t recall the chapter where Conan spent his time making sure his soldiers were matchy matchy and he liked the rug/wall hanging color scheme.

But again, I enjoy the building and cosmetics, I was mostly joking.

Both yes and no. He didnā€™t dislike being king so much as he disliked certain aspects of it - politics most of all. But I do seem to remember he cared about running his kingdom well and providing for ā€œhisā€ people.

If Conan were ever interested in whether the rug matched the drapes, as the saying goes, it was not in a home decor meaning of the phrase.

4 Likes

Hey, King Conan had decorated his bedroom. He had an axe hanging on his wall.

(Silly guy took off his armor while sleeping, though. And his inventory wasnā€™t well organized, so when he realized PvPers were attacking him, he didnā€™t have time to equip all armor parts. And he hadnā€™t paid attention to his swordā€™s durability either, it broke almost as soon as he hit someone. And still he was able to kill several attackers and not die - guy wasnā€™t a planner, but he knew how to fight 1 vs many. Luckily no-one was using Bestial Claws.)

Oh, and Conan definitely did PvE a lot. Not really into building Barbie doll houses, but he fought a lot of boss monsters.

2 Likes

Oh noā€¦ I hope that there will be a patch-note 2 weeks before the patch, which describes thatā€¦ Dont want to login, to see my base gone after the patch hitsā€¦

Oh well, time to move the base up the mountain :smiley:

Please not a simple patch - it is time for a really big update, not only bugfixes and map overhauls or a new dungeon. The last really huge update I remember was the release of the gamešŸ˜‡

Hey there,

We canā€™t yet share more details about this DLC, but itā€™s going to be the topic of one our next devstreams.

@Jens_Erik was making a joke/comment regarding something related to the building contest. :slight_smile:

I also like this song.

5 Likes

Now Iā€™m glad I built on a hill :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well sheeeeit. I built on the salt plains. Probably as flat and low as you can get in the game.

Maybe itā€™s time to go full Noah and build me an arkā€¦ I wonder if the Black Hand takes interns this time of yearā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t know, but the Black Hand are thick as thieves

3 Likes

I like that song, but not because I like meteorology.

:smiley:

I bless the rains down in Hyboria?

2 Likes