SERIOUSLY...fix the damn opening animation so it can be skipped

I literally have to sit through the damn thing twice when joining and it will not let me skip the movie…I even tried changing the .ini file like it was suggested in another post and that did nothing…this is to the point of irritation that I no longer want to load the game…FIX IT

As the game loads there’s three little repeating dots in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. Once you don’t see those anymore you can just click your mouse to go straight to the main menu.

If you have a lower end PC, and/or you are loading lots of mods, it can’t be fixed. That’s on you.

How to disable the opening cinematics:
(Taken from a forum post by a funcom stuff member)

Go to: \Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Config
open "DefaultGame.ini and set:[/script/movieplayer.movieplayersettings]
-StartupMovies=StartupUE4
-StartupMovies=StartupNvidia
-StartupMovies=CinematicIntroV2

Works fine, but you have to redo these steps after every update. Enjoy!

4 Likes

The intro is just a loading screen. Once the three circles in the lower left are gone. You may skip the rest of the intro. The alternative I suppose is they could use a static image with a loading bar. But why waste the time and resources to do something cliche?

The server I play on runs about 18 mods and I can usually skip around the time the sandbeasts come out. If you’re taking longer, you’re either running way more mods than me ( :+1:) or your PC is lacking a bit of power. Try running CE on a SSD, that should get you up faster than me.

My old computer had the same issue. Then I bought a new one, and despite the extra oomph I still had this problem. Then I moved the game’s installation files onto an SSD drive, and it made a world of difference.

Many computers these days come with a smaller SSD drive for the OS and office programs etc. and an extra, bigger HDD drive for large storage. It’s pretty common for people to use that bigger drive for installing games etc. so they can reinstall the OS and stuff without losing their games. For most games, it’s fine - most of my games run perfectly well on an HDD. But Conan Exiles, being the massive monster it is, is a different animal. (May be a matter of optimization too, at least partially.)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.