Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Gameplay
Game Mode: Online Private
Server Type: PvP
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: Cry Havoc
Mods: none

Bug Description:

Server age and decay reset upon restart (submitting this for consolidation of info) Hundreds of other private servers seem to be suffering from this from looking at the server age column in the server list.

Bug Reproduction:

Create private server. Enable decay. Build something. Recreate character and check decay time on building, or have someone else not clanned with you check it. Wait a few minutes. Restart server. Check decay time.

Starting with this thread (Thank you, Ratsuky !) I was able to begin my journey toward a temp fix? Maybe? The database triples in size after applying it, so I am not sure if it has done more harm than good.

Server launcher showing age 0, player buildings are updated on every restart! HELP - PC Discussion / PC Bug Reports - Funcom Forums

To sum up, Ratsuky found that the files used to generate a server do not contain the serverruntime line that seems to keep track of server age and subsequently decay progression.

Contained in the thread are instructions to manually add it, as well as the troubleshooting involved in dialing in on what the value for the line should be. Initial suppositions that the value didn’t matter and that the db would auto correct regardless of the entry were incorrect. If you put in a value of 0, the server will begin as if it was just created. If you want to have your server age reflect a different age, enter the value in seconds. BE WARNED, entering a value larger than 0 caused several anomalies with buildings and thralls in my attempts. (thanks so much to Xevyr for his help!)

The current state of my server has age and decay progressing through restarts. Buildings and thralls seem to be functioning as intended within the decay system. However, as mentioned above, my database size tripled after applying the serverruntime line (453mb to 1.42gb). I do not know what thus far unseen consequences this fix has had. Use at your own risk!

I have tried brand new servers with both G portal and 4netplayers, changing nothing from initial startup except to enable decay with the same results. I have tried the repair function within G portal. The serverruntime line just does not generate on its own.

Greetings Exile,

Thank you for reaching out. We are currently investigating issues with those systems.
Could you share the file where you made the “serverruntime” change?

If possible, could you also share the database from your server for further investigation?

Feel free to reach out in private if you prefer tagging @Community.

We appreciate your feedback and support.

The serverruntime line was added to the the dw_settings table in game.db. I’ll be happy to send you both the backup db from before the change and the one after if you’d like that as well. Where would you like it sent?

1 Like

Hey,

Thank you for your fast reply! Please upload the files to Google drive or to a similar platform and share the link with us.

It will be greatly appreciated if you share both the before and after files, as you mentioned.

Thank you in advance. :slight_smile:

Absolutely! One of the perks of working graveyard shift. I’m a captive audience between the hours of 11pm and 71m :grimacing:

1 Like

Sent to your inbox.

Thanks!

1 Like

Btw, the reason I didn’t comment further on the size change of your database is because I thought you simply have way too many building pieces, possibly even from players who are no longer playing there etc and suddenly enabling decay started storing additional information for all those pieces.
That’s why I suggested you try and clean up the db a bit.
I don’t have decay on my server so just guessing here, however if someone can confirm that a building piece with decay info takes up 3 times the space in the DB, then the mystery is solved :slight_smile:

In any case, I’m glad it’s still working properly, I thought it somehow stopped again after I read the title.

Yeah I’m hoping that’s it. We’ll see! Thanks again for your help X!

A little update on things. We passed day 14 without incident. Abandoned buildings decayed as intended. Current backup of db is 1.6 gb

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.