Server Transfer Failed after new update 2.8

No my buddy lost a character with a good amount of loot on him a few weeks ago. He sent funcom a email or message and haven’t heard back yet.

@Dana or @Community
Any news from the bug team? did you find the bug?
Do you guys need us to sit on our hands? or can we recreate the char and get help to restore inventory later or where will this issue investigation go from here? is the problem solved or still a 50/50 chance to loose valuable time and mats? a bit of feedback would be highly appreciated,

2 Likes

Going from 1735 to 6158
Character name : Cranberry
Funcom ID Nutfungus(#48316)
Steam ID: 76561198043859930

I just tried this again. Now I’m getting a message telling me the pvp setting from server of origin won’t mesh. I’m going from pve 1735 to pve 6158(original destination)
I just happened to try 6157, another pve server and got the pvp conflict msg. @Dana @community

Could this have to do with the new server que’s?

Greetings everyone!

Our team is still investigating and testing. In the meantime, we advise you to stop any interactions with the character transfer feature and do not upload any other characters.

We’ll update this thread once we know more. Thank you all for your ongoing support!

3 Likes

To
@Dana @Community

I lost two characters in a character transfer.

Information:
#1 (today)
Character name: Issy
SteamID : 76561199164732640
From 1300 PVE EU Official to 1053 PVE EU Official

#2 (13/01/2022)
Character name: Sophronia
SteamID : 76561199071074336
From these servers mentioned in the Funcom Bug Tickets:
Reports through your zendesk system (these are the ID’s)
Funcom [36614] Bug Report
Funcom [36667] Bug Report
Funcom [37423] Official Server Issue

I won’t touch or move anything on those accounts until I hear from you that it is okay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got the same message when I lost my last character - I have lost two characters.

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @Mayra. I logged in this morning in hopes of course that this was fixed. As i was at Funcoms launcher i didnt see any warning messages about server transfers having an issue. It sems a few of us have filed some sort of complaint but im betting those of us that did may well have over 1k hrs of game play, 2 accounts, and $130 worth of dlc’s, but there are plenty that just remade characters without having filed . I could be mistaken, or just sensitive seeing as how this happened to me, but maybe getting the word out Officially would be a good idea?

1 Like

Hey,

Thank you for your feedback.

It seems the issue doesn’t affect the majority of players. Therefore, we hope to fix it for the ongoing cases as soon as we understand better why only a few were stroke by it. And also, prevent it for everyone in the future.

As soon as we know more, we’ll update everyone.

Thank you @Mayra
I dont know if this info helps or not but- server 6185 seems to now to be the only one to even recognize there is a character out there at all, its the original destination server. its telling me the pvp settings from 1735 arent compatible with 6185- both being pve. Another thing is that with me being a bit crummy over this thing, i still try(obviously) to land. When i get a message, it is only on 6185, but that message is only there 1 of maybe 3 attempts to import. Otherwise its just the regular character creation screen. Ty

Thanks for the information. Although, we ask you that you avoid trying to transfer in the meantime so your character backups stay safe until we have a proper fix for it.

2 Likes

Understood @Mayra

1 Like

Ive been waiting almost 2 weeks now and have heard not a peep, no explanation nor what they plan on doing to fix this, i am beyond ticked now, ive never had this bad of a experience in a game.

3 Likes

I’d also like an explanation. Several months of play, recipes, and gear Gone. How many did this affect @Mayra ? If it was just a few can we assume this isn’t going to gain traction and we are just unfortunate? What’s the plan? Any info would be good. Start a new character( I want my armor for myself and my thrall… that would help if I have to do this all over)?Limbo stinks friends.

3 Likes

Hello,

Any update on this? I have 3 tickets regarding the problem and all of them changed to “solved”, however my character is still in limbo.

Thanks.

1 Like

I have another question… you advised me Not to use the transfer service. Ok, considering, I can see that. Am I Ever going to be able to use it on that server/account again or is he perma uploaded? Can’t upload another until the other guy lands. @Mayra @Community

I know this isn’t your doing but that doesn’t change our concerns

3 Likes

Greetings!

Our team is working on a permanent fix for the issue with the character transfer feature and in the meantime, they gave us green light to start helping players make the transition.

At this moment we reached out in private to a couple of players on each platform to make sure it’s working for everyone.

While we wait for confirmation, please make sure your previous comment in this thread has all the following information with much attention to spelling and including any special characters in the ID’s:

1. Steam ID
  2. Origin server (where you were transferring from)
  3. Transfer server (where you were transferring to)
  4. Character name

Thank you in advance!

3 Likes
Steam ID: 76561198026313581
Origin server: 1010
Transfer server: 6423
Character name: torzsy

Thanks.

1 Like

copprhead317#63887
Transfering from 6442
Transfering to 1727
Character name Cassandra

1 Like

So the qauestion i would be asking is how was it resolved when your character is still missing?

Hi guys…i mean that guys from funcom work on all failed transfers “by hand” because today i have become message from Dana that i can try finished my transfer and i have transfer completed successfully with all gear and stuff. Thx again

3 Likes