Servers Crashing, timing out

No if you google “Pending Connection Failure Conan Exiles” you will see this has been an issue since 2017.

The other issue is that I have the ability to connect to the server for around 5-10 minutes before the issue recurs. Two nights ago I was able to play for an Hour and a Half before it occurred. I have people across the country on the same server experiencing the same issue. I can actually access the server just fine from my nephew’s xbox on his account with zero issues just not on my main account.

Guys, there is something going on that is being addressed by two companies and all the people who have experienced this over the past several days. Unfortunately, unless I have misunderstood, it probably involves yet another company. Under those circumstances two things are needed, proof and pressure, directly to that third company.

Funcom and G-Portal are doing that, inasmuch as they can, but it’s still up to the third company to acknowledge the problem and fix it. That circuitous route takes time. Not all of the above posts fit into that category, but for those that do, I sincerely hope a fix is imminent.

Cauthey described it best, and for most above, the problem is closer to G-Portal than the players, but still not in their domain. Both Funcom and G-portal want you to play without interruption.

As to “Pending Connection Failure", that is a very generic term and could describe a problem with your machine, your game software, any of the 15 or so routers in the line, G-Portal or the server software itself. Getting that message is like someone saying ‘I have a pain’. Could a doctor do anything with that?

To those of you who provided important details, kudos for trying to help solve the problem.

Again, I sincerely hope a fix is near !

Regards

jim

2 Likes

You can read my original post for more detailed information. I have Port Forwarded, NAT type Open, factory reset router, factory reset Xbox, used wireless connection on 2.4ghz and 5ghz, used a hard wired connection, wiped temporary data, uninstalled and reinstalled and still cannot stay connected longer than 10 minutes and often times cannot even connect.

I have been able to:

• Log on in 5-10 minute intervals.
  • Log on and play for 1.5 hours 2 nights ago after this had already started occuring on 7/29
  • Play all other servers with no issues.
  • See that other people are able to play on my server with no issues but only a select few.

I know that most everyone on my server is experiencing this aside from a few newbies that started after 7/29 and 4 people who never seemed to be affected. I have been able to play at times for a very short amount of time and do everything normally, (5-10 minutes), before the server gets interrupted. 3 of my local friends have experienced the same issue and we all play on #2510 PST West Coast server with zero issues over the last few days. Do different servers have different routes even in the same facility and time zone? There is not enough evidence to support this as an ISP issue when we can play on other West Coast servers just fine and at times connect to our normal server as well. People on our server who are across the country are experiencing the same issues and can play other west coast servers just fine. It’s as if we have something that is in the game for people who have been playing on servers for a while that is breaking the loading process and not related to ISP issues. There has to be a break in the code or a glitch or something related to something relevant in the last 2 months. Newbies are not affected. I can play another character on the same server with a different xbox account as a fresh noobie on the same server on the same Xbox in the same house on the same connection with zero issues!

I reached out to G-portal support just now, and I was informed that the routing issues have been resolved
This is the message I received in response to my inquiry from BradF:

“Hello,
This issue was fixed earlier today, and We had no further reports of it. The issue was with a ISP called GTT and all our routes no longer are using them
Kind regards,
BradF”

EDIT: Second Update from Brad:
“But to give you a update, The issue was with a ISP called GTT, They where blocking/filitering packets, only allowing about 1/3 of all packets through. We spoke with them, and our Datcenter, and rerouted all routes via NTT, and that was roughly 4 or 5 hours ago, Since then we had many users test and so far no further issues.”

I would try to connect to your servers of choice again, and inform members of your communities (if you run servers) that they should attempt to re-join

1 Like

Just got home. It seems okay for now. Don’t want to get my hopes up yet but looking good.

Thank you, again, for your details here. When I tried to connect to my server last night, I had no difficulty at all.

Thank you, seems pressure works as it should sometimes. Good work. The servers seem stable now, no problems reaching them or disconnects middle-game so far.

Hey everybody,

A West Coast ISP experienced some problems during last week which affected some of our nodes. G-Portal has been working to ensure a smooth connection. Everything should be running correctly now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.