Game mode: Singleplayer / All
Type of issue: Other (visual issues)
Server type: PvE / All
Region: — / All
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam / All
Map: All
Revision: #316115/30665 (2021.09.01) 2.5.1

:memo: Introduction: I checked probably all (over 920) weapons in the game and how they behave when projected on the back (sheathed). I checked them first on Testlive and then again (because perfection requires ruthlessness) after the latest update. Now I put everything in one topic, because these are all visual issues.

I am aware that these are low priority, but some of them are disturbing. :sweat_smile:

:o: Weirdly sheathed weapons

Bug Description:

Some weapons stay with the character in a very disturbing way.

Expected Behavior:

Weapons should be flipped over so they don’t stick out like… they doo.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Use the admin panel to get the weapons:
    • Hunger Blades 24124
    • War Sickles 24128
    • Zathite Daggers 51634
    • Thrashing Maul 24251
    • Thrashing Maul 24107
  2. Equip them, take out and put them away.

Results:

:o: Axes and Maces put away while riding a horse do not show up (sheathed)

Bug Description:

These two types of weapons (War Axes and Maces) remain on the back and side of the character after putting them away, if we are not riding. But when we pull them out and put them away while riding a horse (only), they don’t show up at all.

Examples:

• Hardened Steel War Axe 51844
  • Hardened Steel Mace 51078

Expected Behavior:

Weapons should be visible after putting them down while riding a horse.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Take out and put away your Hardened Steel War Axe (51844) before getting on your horse.
    • The weapon shows up on the character’s back.
  2. Get on your horse.
    • The War Axe is still hanging on your back
  3. Pull out and hide your weapons - The War Axe disappears.

:o: Inverted katana and daggers

:sweat_smile: Clarification: Like @DanQuixote explains, the katana can indeed be worn correctly as it is currently in the game, so while the animation of pulling the katana magically reverses its sharp edge, we may not worry about it.

But as for daggers, I will be adamant. :mechanical_arm:

Bug Description:

When character put down the katana dagger (from right hand) and it hangs on the hip (left side), its sharp edge is turned upwards. However, character puts katana that dagger down with right hand, so the sharp edge should point downwards.

Expected Behavior:

The sharp edge should point downwards.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Just look at the photo.
  2. Try to put down the katana just the same in the real world.
    • Try to use your kitchen katana, point the sharpened edge towards your friendly troll neighbor, and try to turn your hand to put the katana aside with the sharpened edge pointing upwards - it’s only possible for people with no bones (octopus syndrome). :octopus:

Similarly wiht the daggers:

:o: When the sword is put down while riding, the position of the sword is different.

Bug Description:

Putting down the (long) one-handed sword (example: Hardened Steel Sword 51841) while riding the mount (horse or rhino) moves the weapon up a little bit unlike when the character is not on the mount.
Note: I don’t know which weapon position is correct.

Expected Behavior:

The weapon should be in the same place after putting it away, regardless of whether the character is riding or walking.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Get on the horse.
  2. Take out Hardened Steel Sword (51841) and put it down.
  3. Get off the mount.
  4. Take out Hardened Steel Sword (51841) and put it down - again.

:o: Missing weapons (list)

Bug Description:

These weapons do not display on character after putting them back:

• The Beak 51375
  • Voidforge Great Axe 50575
  • Ripping Great Axe 24003
  • Ripping Great Axe 24147
  • Trollbane 50481
  • except that (possibly intended or in progress):
    • all Punching Daggers
    • all Chakrams
    • all Claws
    • almost all throwing weapons (axes, daggers and orbs) / excluding javelins

Expected Behavior:

It would be nice to see missing weapons on the back of the character. As well the throwing ones as in addition, the shields are visible with a combination of other weapons.

:memo: Note: I’ve seen a few other bugs, but I need to confirm them after the latest (2021.09.01) 2.5.1 update, before reporting them.

2 Likes

I want to ask about one of the previous reports.

I don’t expect it to be included in the next update, I just feel responsible for it - since I’ve found a potential cause of performance issues that affect so many people.

Any news?

What a great put together bug report with so much info. :slight_smile: Kudos for the amount of work that went into this.

1 Like

As heaventhere says, great report :slight_smile: Thank you for all the work you’ve put in on all our behalfs.

One very minor point regarding the katana - katana in the real world is sheathed that way up, using (primarily) the right hand. It’s a very formalised action, but actually quite easy to do. That said, without the actual saya (sheath), I’m not sure how easy it would be to do without stabbing yourself through the hip, lol (or at least slicing your hand or belt). But given that none of the weapons have sheathes, and it would require Funcom to create an additional full body animation, I think what they’ve come up with is a fair enough compromise. So personally, I don’t think this one’s an issue - but I can see why you raised it along with all of the others :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @DanQuixote for detailing this :+1: I noticed that, when the player’s character reaches for the katana, the weapon magically turns over with the sharp edge - although this is strange, not everything in the game has to be real and convincing. I will make a note to this point. :thinking:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.