Shields not blocking as intended for clients on a private server

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: US

Shield blocking is unreliable for client players. Two of the clients on my private server cannot successfully block with shields. They will be holding down the block button and enemies, such as an alligator, will hit them through the block to as if the shield were not there. The issue seems to get worse the more movement the client does. I, as the host multiboxing both the server and the game client, am experiencing normal block behavior. This has been observed from a client player in the same house and a client player from a different house.

When I witness the clients attempting to block their characters face the direction of movement instead of camera orientation. That is to say, the client will be backpedaling with the shield raised on their end and I will see them facing the opposite direction and walking forward with the shield raised on my end. (The clients report that I as the host show the same visual behavior, but my block works properly so this may be two different issues.)

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Start a server with a multibox setup.
  2. Join the server as a client from a different computer.
  3. Obtain a shield.
  4. Face and Block an opponent while moving via strafe or backpedal.

Observed Result: The attack will not be blocked and the host player sees the client attempting to block an attack while facing the wrong direction for a successful block.

Expected Result: The attack is blocked and the host player sees the client player blocking the attack using the same movements the client is using.

2 Likes

Is it with specific enemies? This is the second time I’ve seen crocodiles specifically mentioned as something that has grown super powers and can bypass shields, but wanted to see if it was more widespread then that.

I’m experiencing the issue with all enemies at this point, beasts and NPCs. It might very well be a character-facing sync issue as noted by the OP – I play co-op on a private server, and my partner observes that, for him, I do not face the direction my client displays to me.

Hey there,

We’re aware of this issue and we aim to release a hot-fix dealing with it soon.
Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply

1 Like

Thanks to you for your feedback and patience until we resolve this issue :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.