Short Stories - Exiled Jack (+more)

Corrupted Archive - Backpack / The greatest sorcerer (7/7)

The backpack weighs more and more, I can barely stand on my feet. I don’t know who would like to live here of their own free will, yet people build bridges and hanging fortresses here.

If I want to go through a spider’s domain, I have to find an outcast they call…
“Block Spammer” - just by the name, I hate him already. And don’t think I will waste my time to persuade him to help, I will kill him and take the rope bridge or a horizontal elevator with me.

I hope Anu won’t leave the underworld without me. I met him in the ice giants camp - they were afraid of him like fire. He decided to teach me and revealed how to escape from this dark place. In return, I promised to write the last pages I got from the Archive Keeper.

Anu-Iheb will be glad that I have all the ritual ingredients in my backpack - my only companion.

According to what Anu-Iheb said, I have to take the spark of life from another person. My fate was such that I gave birth to the Baron’s daughter while I was with the giants. It is enough to sacrifice her life to return to the world above, but… being here, in front of the gate, I have doubts.

I have changed my priorities more than once - I can do it again!

I’m not looking for revenge anymore, I don’t care about the world, the gods and the Archive Keeper or any scrolls. I am not looking for knowledge anymore, I have gained it and I will use it - I will drink every potion and perform every ritual that will make me stronger and help me resist death, go through the gate with my daughter safe. I’ll cut all the sacred symbols on my skin, and all because of love - the greatest magic in the universe. I’ll do it before Anu-Iheb arrives.

I am the greatest sorcerer in the world and I am ready to prove it now!

Sadly, Sahana could not describe what happened next, however soon, besides Anu-Iheb, some barbarian also appeared nearby…

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes