Silver and Gold easy mode (eventually)

At the den, on one of the raised walkways, you’ll find the merchant that sells rocknose eggs.

2 Likes

Where’s the den?

https://conanexilesmap.com/#4/-2214.50/1414.50

empty out all the filters except capitals. It’ll be the one in orange in the middle.

4 Likes

Are the NPCs hostile there?

yes. If you know what set of stairs/scaffolding to climb, you can probably just run past them. If you are lvl 40+ they should be easy enough to solo. Look for the arena or stadium looking area and the scaffolding near it.

1 Like

And what tier of animal pen do you use? I tamed 10 Rocknoses in T2 pen. I fed little ones with gold dust (20% success) but didn’t get a single Gold-Vein one at all. It looks a bit strange.

I use the armored pen, but everything I have read says that the only thing the higher tier pens offer is more hit points or durability. Doing 10 and nothing is a real bummer though. That is why I like the idea of maxing out the pen, so I get a lot more chances for some success.

Good news though, your 10 regulars will produce iron and crystal, as long as you keep feeding them rocks.

1 Like

I’ll better try T3 in a couple of days… I use the Conscripts mod, so iron and crystals are not a problem, I need only gold. Five of them are guarding my base from wild creatures now and I want to use others against some world boss later on ))) I think it’ll be some fun.

1 Like

I had some bad luck on my first try. I bought 4 of them and had to make a run for more silver dust. Two turned into normal rocknoses and the others died in my inventory. I’m going to try again after farming for more gold coins.

From what I’ve read, the tier doesn’t make a difference, I think it speeds it up though.

@Aaron, try this video for 14 chests. There are actually a few more, but off the beaten path …

Quick to run, and there is an easy croc boss at the end :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the video.

I was thinking, since gold and silver is used for making powder and alchemical base, wouldn’t it be better to just farm the pirate ship to get gold and silver for high end armor? :thinking:

1 Like

The operative word here is ‘farm’. That is what @sirvink is minimizing and has a very good way of doing so.

Set up the operation once, fill the trough with an easy-to-get resource and stop by when needed. Farming, as an activity, is essentially gone.

It’s a choice, obviously, and I have yet to set it up since my activities now are upgrading bases, but I am lucky to have accumulated mass amounts of resources over the Thanksgiving event (which will eventually run out), so my current activities seem appropriate from a priorities standpoint.

I do farm the BucBay chests, but mostly if I need gold and silver at that base and do not want to make a supply trip.

Like farming? BucBay (which is actually a soothing playstyle for me)

Dislike farming? See above (sometimes fits my mood)

I love this freaking game :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I actually just did a gold run in the volcano, just because it is still fun, even though my gold production is beyond my needs now. I have this one jump I make, from a really tall diagonal spire, down to a lava surrounded island of obsidian. My family jewels climb up into my stomach every time and I have no health left, but what a rush.

3 Likes

Makes sense. I mean I’m not a big fan of farming either, but if I need a large amount of gold coins, silver dust, and gold dust to start up and I don’t even have a guarantee of getting what I want, isn’t that the same?

I found the chests in the video. The crocodile was really tanky but not too hard. His turning speed surprised me a little and he does a good amount of damage though.

I leveled too which was nice.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well done. I actually use poison arrows on him from a pedestal.

I do have more patience than reaction speed, and usually run that nekkid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not there yet, @sirvink, just opened up that spawn point through the cave. That was thrill enough for me !

I will say this: I died a LOT in the volcano. Treat it like… well, like a volcano and you will live longer

1 Like

I look forward to it !

I was more successful on my second try. I got 10 rocknose eggs and split them evenly between gold and silver dust in separate pens. I got 8 normal rocknoses but 2 silvervein. I’m going to pay another visit to the den tomorrow.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@sirvink, I assume you mean she released them into the world, not just transferring them to her inventory?

I move adult pets from one pen to another as long as I don’t hotbar and ‘place’ them.

Was there any other drawback? She replaced the released rocknose, yes?