Siptah: kittens, foliage, tree leaves and more not showing for several hours (after Chapter 2 update) - Video

Basic Info:

Platform: PlayStation 5 (Digital Edition)
Issue Type: Graphics
Game Mode: Online Official
Server Type: PvE
Map: Isle of Siptah
Server Name: 8144

Bug Description:

Good morning team!
Foliage, tree leaves, most bushes, will not load for hours in Siptah.
Some times it takes them 30 minutes to show, and sometimes after 4 hours they will never show.
Also, some mobs will not show neither, you must attack a floating life bar.
Also, as in last night, the new cats will not show for a couple of minutes, even while placing them.
This is really bad for a game, but specially really disappointing after such a huge update released.
This is a real ā€œgive me my money backā€ situation.

Bug Reproduction:

Just log in to Siptah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJVGDHa1P4Y.

3 Likes

Donā€™t want to let this thread close due to lack of response like literally every other thread about this issue Iā€™ve seen, so Iā€™m doing my usual of linking the myriad threads Iā€™ve seen about this issue to this one as well.

Itā€™s baffling to me that there has been no communication about this issue whatsoever. Not even a ā€˜We hear you, we donā€™t know what the issue is/weā€™re working on itā€™. There have been plenty of images and videos posted to show what weā€™re talking about.

Is this simply not reproduceable outside of a PS5 environment?

4 Likes

You are right, this is bad. But as soon as I get the ā€œmessage receivedā€ :white_check_mark::white_check_mark:, I just try to avoid it and wait until they fix it.

2 Likes

Getting the same issue today. Bought Siptah and literally no foliage spawns in. Itā€™s just dead trees with no leaves and no bushes whatsoever making it impossible to get plant fibers and other resources. Making the map essentially unplayable.

2 Likes

I just got a ps5 2022 Dec. I have been playing CE with all dlcs and siptah for over a year on Pc. I left the Playstation version for the past 2 years due to issues at the time which made it unplayable.

I played on the ps5 for about 20 hours exile lands with almost pc quality. So I added the siptah expansion and created a character on an official server that is low pop. When I started I could see foliage and extras since I had quality set on my launcher. However after my first death I no longer see the foliage and only partial ever loads in now.

This makes leveling a problem to find fiber. At this point I read this issue has been around since September.

How do I get a refund? Or is there a workaround? Without siptah will be a struggle to level.

1 Like

Hello everyone.

This issue is being investigated and we really appreciate all the information you gathered!

Meanwhile, feel free to send us any more information that you think is relevant.

@Castle117c, in regards to refunds, please contact the store where you purchased the game, in your case it would most likely be Sony :smile:

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I hope this gives a clear indication of the problem

2 Likes

Yes there is actuallyā€¦
So if you see no plantationā€¦

Equip a sickle andā€¦ Magic

2 Likes

I think that solution may be iffy. I know that it hasnā€™t worked for me, but at least I can still swing wildly with the sickle and harvest things.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Desmodian , i use star metal sickle in Siptah in this example, o donā€™t know if itā€™s working on exile lands with other Sickles, i havenā€™t try it yet!

Well, I pretty much only have the issue in Siptah, but havenā€™t tried the star metal one. It may be unique to that type sickle. Iā€™ll have to try that and see.

1 Like

I know it sounds odd but it would be nice to know, thanks for the effort :+1:t6:

2 Likes

Any star metal tool or weapon brought back the plants but not the creatures

2 Likes

My workaround was only for plantation, not for kittens! It is very important my dear friend, until this bug is fixed, for people to have a workaround for this problem! In the past we had a great issue with our followers, they were blocking us and we couldnā€™t move. Then again, if a loot bag was in shallow waters we couldnā€™t gain the loot. So @Wak4863 create videos explaining workarounds for these problems (and not only) until devs find vital solutions! To the first you had to walk with a katana always and to the second you had to look high over the bag and collect the loot. So Wak helped a lot people until these problems solved and each forum member knew how to answer and help new players with these issues! Thatā€™s the reason this community exists, not measure dā€¦ s whoā€™s doing it better from others, but to help each other and share! Thank you for your effort @Desmodian, i really appreciate your cooperation fellow exile :+1:t6:.

3 Likes

this also is an issue on PS4/5 Exile Lands. glowing goo which is needed to progress magic story line can not be found in the normal places. some say equip a harvesting tool and it may show, others say just swing in the area where the goo should be, however neither are woring atm.

The expansion should be removed from Playstation Store until this bug is solved.

I just bought Isle of Siptah after removing the bracelet in the Exile Lands. Not had one problem in the Exiled Lands. Upon arrival on Siptah, I have been attacked by invisible wild dogs on the beach. Every time it happened, I logged out and back in, but most of the time in vain. Once, when I had logged back in, Iā€™ve seen a wild dog and, as I could see it, I killed it and looted it. But the next one was still invisible.

This issue makes the game unplayable. Sony is not refunding expansions you have downloaded, unless the devs admit it is an issue. I suppose this is the reason why this is not regarded as an issue yet.

Maybe it is a texture loading problem. In such a case, in most games Iā€™ve played, default textures load instead of the fancy ones. In the early days of Subnautica, you could be attacked by white polygonal stalkers. That is still not the game I had payed 20ā‚¬ for, but at least there was something I could flee away from. In Conan Exiles, thereā€™s nothing around you, and then you are dead.

They should make it official and say PS5 is not supported. the patch notes are all under PS4ā€¦

you got lucky, that doesnā€™t do anything.

@Castle117c
So you tried star metal sickle and it didnā€™t work for you? Please send me a photo holding star metal sickle if you can! Because on me and others on ps4 it works all the time!