Snakes without hit box for bow/arrow (sometimes human AI too)

Game mode: Online Private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PVP
Region: EU

New red snakes in the desert (near dogdown), plus snake boss/Giant Snake in The Unnamed City, haven’t a hit box that registers with bow and arrow since last patch. I can fire countless arrows, long distance or point blank; visually the arrow passes right through the snake or ricochets as if it is not hitting the hit box, or like it does not have a hit box. Melee weapons however, do register. Cobras unaffected. They die just fine. (I won’t tell if you don’t.)

This is also an issue with human AI from time to time, where aiming for the head and firing sometimes also does not register, as if the AI is registering in a different pose with the server than is visually indicated.

Using Eye of the Khan and Serpent-man Arrow and/or Snake Arrow, 50 point perk.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Aim bow at snake
  2. Fire arrow at snake (light or heavy attack)
  3. Arrow passes through snake, or ‘ricochets’ off it. No damage done
  4. Get mad, bro.
2 Likes

As a sidenote, try to make sure there’s no obstacles (rocks/trees) nearby and try different ranges to be sure you’re in range.

No obstacles. Absolutely in range.

1 Like

I agree that the hitbox for the big snakes should be rechecked. A big part of the snake don’t count. Ever with melee. But arrows of course are mostly a pain.
Big snakes should also be able be head-shooted.

Movement for human npc is more complicated. Saw this especially with dancers. Ever if your arrow hit at the right place, because of the anime they’re not hit properly.

1 Like

I have found the same thing with the black snake in the swungle. Stood across the river and tried every visible part with razor arrows. All of mine ricocheted, the trail was visible.

What did work, though, is poison arrows, and patience.

Online private server on a friend’s computer.

Bug?

jim

Hey there,

Our team is looking at some issues with spotty hitboxes when using ranged attacks. We’ll add this report to their list so they can have more information about this problem.
Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will add this incase it helps. Ps4 private gportal server. Killing dragons with a large amount of arrows mixed types some of which would ricochet off of the head. Sorta like it was steel plated . Changing shot angles helps

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.