So...purges spawn in bases again!

There’s also something else to keep in mind…

If you’re like me and favor a campus-style base (i.e. many separate buildings with bare earth separating them) vs. a base comprised of a single building, then be aware that enemies can spawn from that bare earth even it it’s well inside the perimeter of what a person’s mind would consider a “base”.

Additionally if your single-building base has any bare earth poking thru the foundations (as is common if you build on a slope), then purge enemies can spawn from that bare earth in your basement. This is why it’s important not simply to have perimeter guards, but also interior defenses. (Think of it like sappers in medieval times burrowing under castle walls to attack from within.)

2 Likes

The path leading on the mountain is working very well.
Tested in near executionner’s entrance.

The elevators depends lot, they may attack a nearby foundations, or spawn inside base. Not sure if elevator does big in that. Doors attrack them mostly.
So you can make a shelter near you main base, with doors everywhere, and look from your mainbase how they get exited about your door-base.

I believe the issue is that the NPCs cannot use the elevator. They need a ground route to the fortification in order to NOT spawn inside base. This is what I tried to say earlier. I suggested a method where there is only one easily defensible ground route to your base, so the NPCs must use it and face your thralls/traps/palisades etc.

1 Like

No sure, when i say elevators depends lot i mean, it depends if they focus and will attack it or nearby structure or not.
Sure, you will not see any npc’s, purge or not, taking any elevator ! :joy:

This would be nice, but nope, they can’t.
Ever doors, while some thralls went out while an attack was going on, they can’t enter again.

i’m on pc and i have the same issue.
my last purge spawn on my third floor outside, in my basement, first floor 2nd floor 3rd floor inside and 4th floor inside. i am in f5 river. i had the same issue in f4 river as well.

Haha they are really trying to eliminate pillars bases for sure now you can’t pick up Horizontal elevators anymore? Not sure if this is a bug or intended??

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.