So, what's your favorite weapon type?

I absolutely love War Axes. I feel like I can control them and hit what I’m aiming for better than with any other weapon. I play PVE so gap closing/chasing isn’t a key factor and the heavy opening attack jump does all I need.

Speed is also a factor, the combo is fluid and fast.

I also feel like I have to keep the option of a torch open to ensure visibility, or the need for a capture rope, which unfortunately causes me to skip a lot of two-handed weapons.

2 Likes

I can agree whole heartedly, as I said in an earlier reply, my strat is to use a full heavy combo and roll backwards, then my combo opener jumps me right back to where i need to be. plus the ending two stack of bleed, it’ perfect. my friend and I, he uses a bow, took on a Rotbranch at a way lower level than we should have been, and my strat seemed to be perfect, but he ended up getting killed somehow. the roll back allowed for the soothing passive heal as well as a chance to use a heal item and recover stamina.

1 Like

I really wanted to say Predatory Blade as my initial answer but I can’t put the fencer fitting on it which is ideal for it. Wether it’s a bug or intended I don’t know. This is from a PvE standpoint

might have something to do with the fact that it’s the most powerful weapon in the game according to the wiki. haha. but it looks like it’s got a cool design.

Sword \ throwing axe , daggers, bow and katana here. The heavy combo on dualwield Sword / Axe is great, its fast, the criple, double hits and knockback are handy, I just wish FC revert back the original speed on sword light attacks, its so slow that is not realistic at all.

Daggers to apply bleeds, and Katana for dmg, this one could use a tweak on animations and speed too, I feel like they still need to work the speed on the following weapons: 1h swords, 1h maces, Javelins, 2h Axe and Katana. If they tone up the animations a little bit it already will be a significant difference to make them reliable.

For me, javelins/shield, sword/throwing axe, 1h sword alone, 2h sword or maul, are my favorites, i use a combination of those in regular plays, (mostly pve), spear is also nice, but i liked it more before the patch, and not because it was OP, but it was fun to use, same with 1h swords, light combo sucks, it doesnt have impact, it’s slow, its boring, but heavy is not.

For me it is 1h Axe & Shield most of the time, sometimes Whirlwind Blades.
And the best bow I can lay my hands on, with serpentman arrows.

The 1-handed axe is my favorite, but when hunting bosses, I like to alternate between a 2H hammer and venom-infused daggers to keep the boss debuffed while my follower does DPS.

1 Like

My Favorite is 1H sword ( The Predatory Blade ) + shield or 1H Axe ( The Festering One ) + shield depends where i go. At larger groups / but sometimes at boss / i use bow with lot of poison arrow ( easy to get Gaseous Orb from mobs ) + explosive arrow combo ( + healing arrows if is needed ). For me fight with bow is fun. I liked 2H sword but now the attack combo for me is bad.

2 Likes

I Use one handed axe and shield (or torch or rope). Its because I like one handed axes.

I plan to try all weapons and combinations properly and find more favorites…but now, its 1h axe and shield :slight_smile:

This has not been my experience at all. I bleed enemies to death all the time.

And daggers are my favorite weapon type. Venom-infused for boss fights, and these days I use Whirlwind Blades for regular mob fighting. Against human NPCs, the light opener has enough forward momentum to catch a spear-wielder and staggers enough to follow with two heavy attacks for that lovely Bleed effect, then dodge out. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Against big, fat, slow creatures, such as elephants, rhinos and dragons, which cannot be staggered, a couple of heavy slashes and then dodging away will quickly wear down even bigger prey, and I won’t take any hits unless I screw up my timing. I’ve soloed (without a thrall) the Red Mama with Venom-infused daggers, although it took a long time and was boring. Now that rank-and-file undead are staggerable, daggers are somewhat useful against them, too, even though the Bleed effect naturally goes to waste when there’s no blood left in them to begin with.

Against fast and/or low-profile animals, such as dogs, cats, spiders and reptiles, daggers are less useful - but I’m completely fine with needing to have a secondary weapon for those instances. Most of these can be fought effectively with a spear. I’m still getting used to the new spear light attacks, but it feels quite serviceable to me.

I don’t know anything about PvP, except that their answer to “what is best in life” seems to change every few weeks or months. Used to be spears, then claws, then hammers, etc.

1 Like

I’d like to mention to @Ignasi that most-used weapon type would be a great weekly poll.

1 Like

At 6’5" IRL I play a tall solely male character at what seems to conform to the physical stature of what I used to be at my fighting weight, 225 lbs. In the past I have played games where I enjoyed being a pokey or bleedy character, and while those are very useful, I seem to really get a great deal of pleasure from my Flawless Star Metal Greatsword. It looks great on me, and I like that the kick is a super-bad headsmash now.

1 Like

The first time I played, as stated in my OP, I had the idea after that experience of being wrecked by daggers to use them myself, only to notice that instead of being staggered or their health plummeting, they’d just lay into me. I’m not sure if something has changed with bleed since then or if I was on a buggy server at the time, but I personally learned that the damage output from the war axe makes up for it giving 1 or 2 less bleed stacks in a combo. I mean, everyone has their tastes, so I’m not attempting to come at you in anyway, but I just feel like the bleed damage to NPCs doesnt even compare to the bleed damage PCs take, in almost every experience I’ve had.

Honestly, I’m fairly new to this community, nice to see everyone is pretty friendly. I’ve finally made the Havoc and Malice @BuzzyFuzzyBee, and I’m sad to report that I definitely feel like I get more spins out of the war axe and throwing axe combo. But they definitely look beast.
At this point, I think my favorite weapon look is the Broken Bottle, partially because it’s animation is the War Axe animation, but, you know. :joy:

My go to weapons are 2H sword (with the old animations) when i’m fighting during the day and the 1H axe at night with a torch out. I globally enjoy every weapons in the game, but those are for me the best “all around” weapons against pretty much every ennemies (as long as you know how to dodge/take the hits) : they are dealing a lot of damage, you can attack really fast, be mobile or just be a tank etc… At first i used the 1H sword instead of the axe, but the bleed that the latter can stack is much more usefull in my opinion.

Player characters tend to have fewer hitpoints than NPCs, which is why Bleed affects PCs in a more significant way. And Bleed needs to be reapplied constantly or it wears off.

Daggers are definitely a matter of taste, rather than the “meta” weapon. I like them because my character is a thief-type person. But I do carry a spear, a two-handed sword, a bow and an axe with me most times when going to fight things, because sometimes I need to kill something against which daggers are weak.

1 Like

I always carry daggers, a 2H sword, a 1H sword or axe, a shield and a bow. On my wheel I’ve the 1H weapon, the shield or a glow stick, the daggers or the 2H weapon and the bow. For the other place on the wheel I’ve a pickaxe or a sickle or bandages, a skinning knife or a cleave or aloe extract, a waterskin and food. With that I can fight anything. I switch between items as necessary outside combat but never during one.

PvE-C server build

Bow for range, healing and aoe attacks for single targets primarily, but starting a mob with a poison arrow is nice too.

Ranisson 2 handed hammer for farming mobs and for the hyperarmor which compliments hvy armor as well. I will switch over to the worldbreaker for high armor targets and my Thrall usually always carries a worldbreaker due to AP and hyperarmor.

I like the one-handed black-ice broadsword when I need a torch.

1h swords used to be very nice, the light combo was quick, now its too slow.

1 Like